Go Back  SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information > Friends and Family > Friends and Family of Substance Abusers
Reload this Page >

Oh Book M & friends!.He's buried in my front yard & other things I've been up to,,,,,

Oh Book M & friends!.He's buried in my front yard & other things I've been up to,,,,,

Old 07-09-2007, 10:44 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
suffering is not a requirement

Wink Oh Book M & friends!.He's buried in my front yard & other things I've been up to,,,,,

Hello (((((Good People,)))))))
Now that I have your attention, LOL
No it wasn't my AH that I buried in the front yard. (NO COMMENT!)
I took Bookmisers' suggestion about burying a St Josephs' statue in my front yard to help hasten the sale of my house.

So far ((((Booger Miser)))), ((( I remember you said it took a year for your house to sell after you buried St. Joe and that in your Honest oponion that took too long...LOLZZZZZZ))))

Wellllllllll, so far....

They're all Bites and No Buyers for my place too.
It's a buyers market but the interest rates are high so they're taking their good ol' sweet time buying.

On a little more seriouser side....This feels like absolute Torture. I am doing about 95% of the work that is involed in selling a big home and maintaining the up keep on it.... while trying to live there.... (but packing to move out while trying to make it look ...as least lived in as possible , while trying to tend to little guys needs and getting very little help(which i truly am grateful for) elsewhere on account of people are busy ....and I'm still dealing with AH's BS (no further explanation needed)..........AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAARRRRR RRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGHHHH

This home that I loved so much has become like a torture chamber that I can't wait to get out of. I know I will get out of it.

I thank God though that I am getting through this, by His grace in sending me just the right people at just the right time. That includes all of you here ya know?
I may not be here physically but my good friends here are always with me in spirit.
Can I get an Amen to that?

Meanwhile....

I Have Jesus on my refrigarator, St. Francis in the window, A Mother Mary Statue on my Wall and bunches of angels and prayers throughtout....I like to keep all my bases covered ....Ya think? Heee heeee heee.
The price has also been lowered.
Soooooo if you have any other house selling suggestions....
I'm all ears.

I miss yas and love yas bunches,
Drop in and let me know what's knew with you

Hugs,
NotaSaintnique
Old 07-09-2007, 10:46 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

If only you were in the western part of metro Atlanta, I would buy from you in a heartbeat! We're supposed to close on a house on Friday, and I'm still not sure it's gonna happen...
Old 07-09-2007, 10:55 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

AhhhhhThanks,
I'll send some prayers up for you ...

EEEEESH I hate Moving
Old 07-09-2007, 11:39 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Belgian Sheepdog Adictee

I don't know what area you live in, but i would suggest listing your home on Craig's list. I am hearing and seeing some GREAT results from friends and 2 cousins so far that have sold their homes that way.

One cousin put her duplex/townhouse up in Utah on it 4 weeks ago and has already sold it and CLOSED, lol. Another one it took 2 months.

Oh and interest rates are again starting to drop, at least out here in the Southwest and the West.

Hope that helps.

Love and hugs,
Old 07-10-2007, 12:23 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
the girl can't help it

((((((NotaSaintnique))))))

I hate for you to lower the price but get it sold...Prayers gong out for ya. I know freedom is just around the corner...
Old 07-10-2007, 02:26 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Now Queen 'Nique, I was getting all ready to bring the codie bus and dig up your front lawn...or maybe plant begonias and hide the evidence

You must be psychic because you were on my mind yesterday and the codie in me gave myself a week and then the e-mails were gonna fly.

Now, to sell this house you need a really interesting story, something like "My wealthy Aunt Edna came to visit last summer and hid all her jewelry somewhere here but lost her mind before we could find it all. We're still looking for a $200,000 bracelet so if you find it, let us know, will ya?"

You just keep taking care of you and the little guy and let God take care of the rest.

Big Codie Hugs and Lotsa Love
Old 07-10-2007, 03:39 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Hi,

So glad to hear from you!

Sounds like you have all the bases covered. I love Ann's idea.

Maybe you can go out in the front yard, and when people come up to look at the house, start digging holes...when they ask what you are looking for...give them a story about buried treasure...dig up Aunt Edna's bracelet...and you will have an offer in a week...works every time.

Seriously, it will sell, patience my friend, patience.

Keep us posted!
Old 07-10-2007, 04:05 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Display Edna's photo on the mantel, it's a good backup for the story.

Old 07-10-2007, 04:41 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
grateful rca

sending hugs and prayers your way, i pray that the house sells soon,
Old 07-10-2007, 05:37 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Well, I think that you have gotten some good suggestions from Ann and Dolly??? Really, all I can send is prayers. It took us almost a year to sell my mother-in-laws cottage which was on a nice lake and was a beautiful piece of property. We had to lower our price quite a bit, but it did sell. We just had to wait for the right people. Hang in there. It will sell. Hugs, Marle
Old 07-10-2007, 05:42 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

((((Nique)))
You KNOW I'm rooting for you and it does sound like your bases are covered.
Keeping you in my thoughts and prayers
((((Hugs))))
Cece
Old 07-10-2007, 05:53 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
On a tear

Remember, the statue has to be buried upside down! The following excerpted from a real estate web site ....

...Just as vague is how and where St. Joseph should be buried. Some say the statue should be placed in a hole in the backyard upside down, with his feet toward heaven, facing the home. Others say he should face the new home, be in a corner or in the front yard. Most condo owners simply stick him in a flowerpot.

But one thing is certain: When the house is sold and the deal is done, St. Joseph should be dug up and placed in a spot of honor in the new home. How many people actually follow through and unearth the saint is unknown, says Binz, but he estimates that there are "a lot of buried statues out there that people have forgotten once the house is sold."

Michelle Blake turned to St. Joseph after she and her husband purchased a new home and their small Cape Cod residence remained unsold through the usually hot spring and summer real estate seasons. "We are both Catholic, so we figured what the heck, it couldn't hurt," recalls Blake of West Chester, Pa.

After burying a statue upside down, facing the street and next to the for sale sign, Blake and her family began praying to St. Joseph daily. The house sold within two weeks.

"Who knows if it was coincidence or St. Joseph," adds Blake. "But I'll tell you that I still have the prayer to St. Joseph on my fridge and the little plastic statue on my windowsill."
I love the part about the flower pot... grin.

Poor old Joe.
Old 07-10-2007, 06:33 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

(((((((Niqua))))))))

Lol!
Throw a brick at me. I've just noticed my name in a title. I'm special! Tee Hee!

Your too funny, gf. We had to lower our expectations, er, I mean price, 3 times.
It turned out to be a rock bottom, no pun intended, deal for anyone.
That dern statue made me wait an entire year before I could let go and move on.
We also packed everything, but left a few key pieces to enhance (make it look lovely) and livable.
Now that it's behind us....ahhhh. Sweet relief. We're saving up to buy another. lol
Sounds like you've got your bases covered. Don't overdo it, though. You may anger the Gods of real estate. Too pushy? I think not. Go for it!
We painted and painted and painted. Every room. Doll-ed up the landscape.
Lit candles in a couple of rooms while we made a mad dash over to the next street and lay in waiting. With binoculars, I might add. roflmao
Just keep doin' what your doin'. Try to keep your sanity in tact.
There's nuttin' worse than a woman tryin' to sell her home. I (mentally) interviewed all prospectives from around the corner a few times.
Let the (paint) chips fall where they may.
Your a sweetie. Don't let this change ya. lol Jokin'.
Give lil' guy a humungus hug from me and Ah and his bs a swift kick from a booger miser.
Love, prayers, and happy house selling,
Linda
Old 07-10-2007, 07:15 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
let it grow!

praying to the mortgage rate gods...
Old 07-12-2007, 12:07 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Talking Whatever Works!!!! *snork!!!!!!*

Originally Posted by Ann View Post
Now Queen 'Nique, I was getting all ready to bring the codie bus and dig up your front lawn...or maybe plant begonias and hide the evidence

Oh ((((Ann)))))That's a true friend. Round up the gang and Come on over! We can reminisce and discuss where the bones are hidden over a cup of coffee and maybe a big dish of my special Fried Green tomatoes! and pots and pots of corn on the cob!...... ROFLMAO!!!!!

Now, to sell this house you need a really interesting story, something like "My wealthy Aunt Edna came to visit last summer and hid all her jewelry somewhere here but lost her mind before we could find it all. We're still looking for a $200,000 bracelet so if you find it, let us know, will ya?"
*SNORK!!!!*

I LOVE IT!!! I'll get right on it!

And BTW Did Dolly Do let you borrow her picture???? LOLLLLZZZ

((((DOLLLY))))HUGS Good to see you too!

(((((SSSSSSSSSSSSSSsplendra!!!!))))SSSSO NISSSSSE to SSSSee you SSSSweetie!

laurie6781
Thankyou. Believe it not I tried to sell something on Craig's List and the very first thing I posted (((I kid you not))) some freak sent me a fraudulent check!!!!! I swear I'm gonna get a Codie tattoo that says "Go ahead~I'm Nissssseeem so Kick me." ya think?
I'm a lot more leary of those sites now.
Maybe E~Bay??

((((teke)))))Thanks and HUGS back @ Ya!...prayers too.
((((marle)))) Thanks for the encouragement and Hugs for you too!
(((CeCE)))
I KNOW. Thankyou and hugs back @ ya too!

((((BIG SIS)))

[QUOTE=BigSis
Remember, the statue has to be buried upside down![/QUOTE]

Oh for goodness sake, Now please tell me, Do you have any idea how long it takes to bury a 6 foot statue? LOLZZZZZ

Originally Posted by bookmiser View Post
(((((((Niqua))))))))

Lol!
Throw a brick at me. I've just noticed my name in a title. I'm special! Tee Hee!

Your too funny, gf. We had to lower our expectations, er, I mean price, 3 times.
It turned out to be a rock bottom, no pun intended, deal for anyone.
That dern statue made me wait an entire year before I could let go and move on.

OH NOW YOU TELL ME! DO YOU HAVE ANY IDEA HOW LONG IT TAKES TO BURY A 6 FT STATUE UPSIDE DOWN? LOLZZZZZZZ

We also packed everything, but left a few key pieces to enhance (make it look lovely) and livable.
Now that it's behind us....ahhhh. Sweet relief. We're saving up to buy another. lol

THANKYOU FOR THE ENCOURAGEMENT THAT GIVES ME HOPE (((HUGS)))

Sounds like you've got your bases covered. Don't overdo it, though. You may anger the Gods of real estate. Too pushy? I think not. Go for it!
We painted and painted and painted. Every room. Doll-ed up the landscape.
Lit candles in a couple of rooms while we made a mad dash over to the next street and lay in waiting. With binoculars, I might add. roflmao
Just keep doin' what your doin'. Try to keep your sanity in tact.
There's nuttin' worse than a woman tryin' to sell her home. I (mentally) interviewed all prospectives from around the corner a few times.
^^^^^^^^^^^^
OH MY GOSH I KNOW WHAT YOU MEAN!
Linda

parentrecovers ~praying to the mortgage rate gods...
HUGS and thankyou

Thanks for the much needed laugh. You gals are so freaking funny! I really miss yas.
As soon as Ann gets the bus gassed up come on over....
Meanwhile, I'll get the corn and green tomatoes ready!........LOLZZZZZZ
HUGS to ALL
Iamunique
Old 07-12-2007, 03:11 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Fry up them termaters girl, this codie is on her way...just as soon as I get my hair done...you just never know who might take pictures of us digging up that...erhhh...ummm...statue.

Old 07-12-2007, 03:12 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Nique,

Yes, you rascal you, that picture be me...what gave it away, the hair?...You have to admit I look better than the last time I posted a picture of me...wish I still had that one, it would prove to everyone what plastic surgery can do , even on an old bag like me! Loh!

Take care my friend,