AS is out of jail

Old 07-09-2007, 09:11 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
krhea75

AS is out of jail

Well, we had court today and they have temporarily suspended the charges as long as he goes to rehab. I have mixed feelings about it. I am glad that he won't be going to prison and I'm glad that I didn't have to pay $1000 bond, but now he is home and rehab has a two week waiting list. Since he has blown the rehab off twice, they won't put him at the front of the list like they did before. So I picked him up today and he is glad to be home, hugging me and telling me he loves me. I was expecting more anger, but I'm sure that will come later. Now I just have to survive for the next week or so. Now if he doesn't go to rehab, he will have to go back to jail. Maybe this will be the extra motivation he needs. Anyway, that's the update. Thanks again for all the support.
krhea
Old 07-09-2007, 09:26 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

K,

Well, I guess today was one of those "good news, bad news" kind of days, huh? No prison, no big bond, BUT...HE'S COMING HOME WITH YOU! K, I do believe I might have looked at the judge and said, "Are you sure you want to do this?"

Ok, all kidding aside, I know that "having them home with you when you don't really think they're that serious about recovery" situation. So you'll just have to dig deep and bring up all the recovery tools you have to make it these next two weeks. And pray that he'll follow through this time.

Ironic thing (or I call it a God thing), but a lady in my Al Anon group has just this past week experienced this. Just amazing how the fear of going to jail inspired her son to call the rehab place and ask for a bed. I'm praying that for you and your son, K.

You hang tough and keep coming here for pats on the back cause you're doing very good with that recovery of yours!

Hugs,
Hangin' In
Old 07-09-2007, 09:31 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

I will never understand an addicts thinking they get mad an blow up over small things, yet when you expect them to get mad they don't. At least this time he will have to go to rehab. An he knows now you mean what you say.. so maybe he won't give you to much trouble in the next 2 weeks.
Here's hoping that he just had a slip an that the time in jail will have him back on the road to recovery.
Old 07-09-2007, 09:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
On a tear

I've noticed for a while now, that even when a professional intervention is not done, life provides an intervention. I wish you well.

Two weeks, eh? I think I'd be hitting a meeting every day.

Old 07-09-2007, 10:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I like BigSis's idea of hitting a meeting everyday. In fact, maybe you could talk him into going with you, since he's on this big kick about being lovey dovey? Just a thought... although I know how hard it will be to talk to him about this for the next couple of weeks.

*continuous hugs and prayers for you both*
Old 07-10-2007, 03:01 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

One day at a time, that's all that's required, so hang on to your boundaries and make the alternative clear.

When my son was "waiting" for rehab, I reminded him that recovery didn't begin when he was accepted, it began today with his willingness to do what he needed to do to stay clean. There are meetings, day programs and as much support as he is willing to grab on to, and today was always a good day to begin.

Hugs
Old 07-10-2007, 05:27 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sending some prayers for you to make it the next two weeks. Remember that he is going to do what he is going to do. Too bad that they did not provide handcuffs so that you could keep him chained to a bed or something Hugs, Marle
Old 07-10-2007, 05:46 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Sending prayers as well. This may be a trying two weeks, but you sound solid.
(((Hugs)))
Cece
Old 07-10-2007, 05:59 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

((((((Khrea)))))))

Sending you lots o' support and strength, girl.
You just may need it. If he's anything like my son was at that age, you'll need full millitary gear. The next couple of weeks will be a test of wills for you both.
I think he knows now that "mom is not gonna fool around with me and this sh*t."
Stick to being tough and make him accountable.
As always,
Linda

Old 07-10-2007, 07:20 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
let it grow!

those are hard waits....

take care of yourself. blessings, k
Old 07-10-2007, 11:47 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

set your boundries.saying a prayer & wishing you well.
Old 07-10-2007, 11:51 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

(((kh))))
Old 07-10-2007, 01:04 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Down here there are meetings every two hours! That would eat up alot of the two week wait!
prayers
susan
Old 07-10-2007, 06:54 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

My thoughts will be with you during this trying time. Keep us posted and remember at SR the light is always on.

Love and prayers..........Lo
Old 07-10-2007, 08:44 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Administrator

Hugs and prayers...he has some tools already and I pray that he will use them whilke he is waiting and give you a break too!!
Old 07-11-2007, 06:38 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
krhea75

So far things have been pretty quiet. The time in jail seems to have taken some of the steam out of his rebellion. Hoping this time back at rehab will be his time, but I am deteremined to drop him there and let him work it. I am tired and it is his time. I am tired of letting his life consume me. Just for today, I will do and think about things other than his addiction. Just for today, I will thank God that so many things in my life are good. Just for today, I will enjoy the beautiful weather on my walk. Just for today, I will know that I am right where I need to be.
krhea
Old 07-11-2007, 07:43 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
let it grow!

it does get easier to detach, doesn't it? blessings, k
Old 07-11-2007, 09:53 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
cmc

**{kh}}}
My thoughts and prayers are with you, coming from a mom whose been there too.
Some of those 'inbetween' times with my son turned out to be better than I expected and that's what I hope happens for you this time.
Old 07-11-2007, 10:36 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

Krhea

I'm happy that the court gave him rehab instead of jail/prison. I also hope that your son realizes what a break he got, and takes advantage of the help this time.

All we can do is hope and pray and let God do his work.

Prayers coming your way

Hugs, Devastated