Advice????

Old 07-06-2007, 10:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Advice????

Hey all,

Hope u're doing well....
I was doing ok until today...
MY brother is a recovering heroin addict....he said he's been clean and been on Suboxone....
last night he started vomiting a lot...he said he doesnt know why...and today he still cant keep anything down....
IS this a sign of using agaiN!? Maybe a symptom of suboxone but i couldnt find it as one on their site....ugh this sucks

Dreamer
Old 07-06-2007, 10:23 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Dont' take this as fact, as I'm not a doctor of any kind, but...I never saw vomiting as a product of suboxone. I saw mine vomit occasionally while he was using (heroin does a number on you digestive tract), going through withdrawal without the aid of suboxone, and after he had overdosed. Most likely, he won't tell you if he's using again so the best you can do is let him get sick and hope for the best. Don't be his nurse, take care of yourself first
Old 07-06-2007, 10:51 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi, Dreamer;
I don't know about the vomiting, but suboxone can make you nauseous, and if the dosage is screwy — or if you stop taking it abruptly — you can get withdrawal symptoms. Maybe your brother needs to call his doc? ~ Good luck ~ & as Maddie says, no matter what: Take care of yourself. He's a big boy, he can dial a phone...
Old 07-06-2007, 11:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
On a tear

I know nothing about heroin addiction, but I do know that my sick Alanon mind always goes STRAIGHT to the "worst case" scenario.

He might just have the flu. If it continues, a quick trip to the ER might be in order.
Old 07-06-2007, 07:54 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

i do not know. suggest to him to go to the emergency room or call the dr. he may really be sick.prayers, hope