Important to remember

Old 07-02-2007, 06:50 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
turning red!

Important to remember

Rain has been away for one month now, clean for 3 weeks. For those who don't know, he is currently in France trying to get his life back on track. So far he is doing really good and being active (not on addiction but on healthy activities! Such as climbing, hicking & even paragliding!)
I miss him and sometimes i can't wait for him to come back (the plan is for him to stay in France for 3 months) - and that's when i have to remember, have to remember why he is there in the first place, and why i shouldn't be such in a hurry he's back:

- remember how i felt paranoid all the time
- remember when i found him lying in bed, half conscious, with seringues on his side
- remember when we planed dates and he turned up late and/or hardly walking straight
- remember when i cleaned his wounds all over his body due to infection from needles
- remember when he pawned whatever he had and even steal from me
- remember when we went for dinner and he would fall asleep on the table
- remember my fear thinking he might be dead

Yes, i have to remember that all cited above were not a bad dream but reality. Ok it didn't happen everyday for 7 years, thanks God there was some peace & quiet time, but the past 2 years have been really hectic.
I also want to remember that all my friends here in SR were here to support me, thank you!

Carine
Old 07-02-2007, 07:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Carine~
remember:
there are no exceptations
but there is hope and there is love

what are your plans for the next three months. i know they must be grand and full of new adventures and sight unknown

me i'm going home on the 12th, i'm very excited. i doubt i will see my RA but that is ok i guess i'll see him when i need too.

love and hugs
Old 07-02-2007, 08:09 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Administrator

((((((Carine))))))

Good things to remember. Rain is really trying to beat this hold addiction has on him and your love for him is so evident. I hope you spend a lot of time focusing on you for the next few months and that Rain keeps moving forward. Hugs.
Old 07-03-2007, 12:59 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Good stuff, Carine. It helps for us to be apart from time to time, to get a clear picture of the reality of a relationship. Not what we want it to be, but what it is.

Our program reminds us to use the 3 A's - awareness, acceptance, action. It sounds like you are getting an opportunity to do those!

Hugs
Cats
Old 07-03-2007, 04:54 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

-remember miracles happen every day. i hope it is rains time.sending prayers up for you & him.hugs,