He signed!!!!

Old 07-02-2007, 05:31 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

He signed!!!!

He signed the FM restraints!!! thank god!!

What he put me through was all either to punish me or intimidation---like so many of you said---!!
thanks for sticking by me through this tough time..its not over...but at least this part is!!

anyway, on the way back from court he actually called me--and of course he is not supposed to be calling me still..anyway, he said he just wanted to know if i was alright and that he loved me and said "i would never hurt you, thats ridiculous"...(the judge had asked me if i was fearful of him....and i said i felt no immediate danger.)
he ended by saying if i ever watned to talk to call him.....

what the F**K!!! i mean.....you put me through hell this past week by using your intimidation skills and then you all to tell me you love me!! to me that is just not normal.... also, he said he would never hurt me--But he did hurt me!! just because he didnt punch or hit me--he still hurt me!!

anyway, i had a good session with my therapist. today,..we starting talking about our relationship and what i think i deserve and what i want and need in a relationship..we are going to touch on it next session...i have to say that my wonderful therapist and my great lawyer, along with a naranon friend and one other best friend of mine and of course SR are what pulled me through this ths trying time.

i started to talk today in the session about my ah and his "relationship" with his secretary last year....he lied about it, when i told him he had to stop speaking to her outside of work, he didnt, he had gotten a 2nd cell phone and lied about that to me for months....circumstantial evidence brought me to the conclusion that he had a 2nd cell phone, and then one day i found a receipt that he had paid verizon for the phone bill and on it was the cell phone number. i called it and the message on the voicemail was him. It was months and months later, but just the fact that he consistantly lied about it to me over and over again really makes me think how in the world could i ever trust this man again....HOW??? I let all of that go for a while because of the drug issue...but it is still in the back of my mind...and it still lead me to think who is this man i married?? does he have an ounce of integrity in him??? His character is not made up of someone i would ever want to know......

we'll see how the substance abuse evaluation goes..he is supposed to be getting that done very soon..... one step at at time..

in the meantime, i have to go on and build my life..i have decided i really want to pursue a teaching degree----so that is what i am going to do...

has anyone gotten an education degree on-line?? that is what i am looking into...a masters in special ed or elementary ed.......hopefully it will work.....

thanks to everyone for your constant support...i couldnt have made it this far without you...and i have to say that for those of you who are still stuck where i was just a short month ago---stand up for yourself and get out of living with active addiction--let him/her fall and you take care of YOU first and foremost.....it is not easy--it will be the hardest thing you have every done---but it will also be the most rewarding thing you have ever done.....save yourself and in the process, maybe your actions will save the addict!!!! But do it sooner rather than later---dont put it off...the longer you wait the harder it will be and the more damage will be done....!
Old 07-02-2007, 05:35 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Congadulations DW!!
Old 07-02-2007, 05:36 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Wow! That's all I can say, you stuck to your guns and he caved.

It's not over yet, but, I know you are much stronger and wiser than you were before.

I am soooo proud of you, way to go!
Old 07-02-2007, 05:37 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
A work in progress....

Awesome news! Now relax and concentrate on you and those kids!

((((hugs))))
Old 07-02-2007, 05:52 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I'm glad it went well for you. Another hurdle is crossed!!
((HUGS))
Old 07-02-2007, 05:54 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Originally Posted by drainedwife View Post
.....save yourself and in the process, maybe your actions will save the addict!!!!
And time may save the rest.

From here on remember... actions over time.

Now do something nice for you and the children. Take a day and rest and enjoy them to the fullest.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:26 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

congrats!

my mom is working on her master's in special ed online. She says it is very time consuming, but then again it is a graduate level of study, so I guess it should take some time... the stuff she said she's doing didn't sound unreasonable to me.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:30 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Good for you! You deserve some good luck and some peace of mind. Enjoy.
Old 07-02-2007, 06:39 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I am so happy for you - I was checking in all day to see how you made out. I give you alot of credit.

In regards to your AH & his secretary. My AH cheated on me - he said he still loved and all that, we went thru a lot in the past 2 years. I was lied to so many times I can't even count. We are still together, he doesn't use drugs, he is working 3 jobs, we moved, he seems committed to his family - but honestly I do not totally trust him, will I ever - I don't know. It is still in the back of my mind of what happen, I have so much proof that I keep. Maybe with time it will change.

I do know that I will never put myself thru what I went thru those 2 years.

You sound great and I wish you the best with getting your degree.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:06 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Great news Drained!!!! I am happy for you too!
HUGS to you
Terri
Old 07-02-2007, 07:21 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

That is the best news I've heard in a while DW. I'm really proud of you honey!!
Big squishy hugs!
Old 07-02-2007, 07:38 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Starry Girl

ROCK ON!!

I'm not getting my MAT online, but I have taken online classes. They require alot of discipline and self regulation. There are pros and cons to these classes, but I have always had success with them as long as I give myself the time I require to do the work.
Old 07-02-2007, 07:52 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

You did great...congratulations! Yup, time for you and the kids to do something special...all about you!

I did masters work online...not teaching. I agree it takes self discipline because if you fall behind, it would be tough to catch up. I would say I put in 15-20 hours a week for two courses....Usually a lot of writing and online discussion, but I liked it.
Old 07-02-2007, 08:12 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

That is soooo.... great to hear! What a weight off your shoulders this must be. Now you can breathe for awhile. Good for you sticking to your guns. Congrats!
Old 07-02-2007, 08:27 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Jen

CONGRATS!!!!

I'm so thankful everything worked out. Yes, the addict will continue to manipulate you but you now know you are a much stronger person and you WILL make it!!!!

Jen
Old 07-02-2007, 08:42 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

So glad to here from you, I have been checking on and off waiting to here...Be proud of yourself, you just kept on going.

Rose
Old 07-03-2007, 04:37 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

DW,
I am so glad things went well for you. Like I said before Lawyers like to control and he did everything he could to get you to cave in, you showed him you wouldn't. I kept looking to see how you made out yesterday, but didn't see anything before I went to bed.
Keep working on yourself you have come so far in a short amount of time. Remember I am here for you if you need to talk,
Hugs have fun with your girls tomorrow
Old 07-03-2007, 04:46 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

Congratulations.
Old 07-03-2007, 04:56 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  

glad that is over with.now it has got to get better.sending prayers up. hugs,