Another Date gone Wrong....

Old 07-02-2007, 05:01 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

As impulsive as calling 12 times in one night, is just the same as nothing cold turkey. Look at it as extreme. You want a happy medium.
Old 07-02-2007, 05:06 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Too many calls too fast, even without the 12X in one night is a Big RED flag.
Beware of anyone who rushes you.
So, he found out he was not going to get any sex or a gambling partner...no call.
Whew!
That's a GOOD thing!
That' not about you....that's about his agenda.
Old 07-02-2007, 05:09 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by rose View Post
It was 12 times in 15 minutes and first thing in the morning he called from his Fish Club.

Rose

First thing in the AM??!! That's even worse. Maybe you were trying to sleep??

Nothing gets me more PO'd than being woke up before I'm ready...

Maybe that was his radar warning. Ring ring ringX12
Old 07-02-2007, 05:18 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

(((((((Rose))))))))

I love ya, Rosie.
That 12 calls in 15 minutes seems kinda scary.
Your better off. It wasn't you.
Kinda reminded me of this guy...

Cleaned up nice, then turned out to be a weirdo. lol
You've got lots of time. Be selective.

love,
Linda
Old 07-02-2007, 08:05 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Always remember, Rose............You're not that desperate and he's not that lucky.

Lo
Old 07-02-2007, 08:37 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

I went to some friends for dinner tonight...I ask my friend if she had ever heard of this man....she kind of gave me the sideways look with a frown....( she knows people from being in banking for years) She said yes I know of him...he isn't trying to date you is he? I said well he did....she said I don't think I would be going there, he has a couple young kids and a wife...I said well the wife is gone...she said well I can see that....from what she knew of him, he was lazy...nothing was ever good enough and a wife ment barefoot in the kitchen. Every year he had to have a knew truck because the year old one was never any good...he was single up until 10years ago until he met her and had kids, he is 50.

Another thing that is strange now that I think about it...he said he just bought himself this big 50 inch flat screen tv and won the very same one...I asked him how he won it and it said he does not know, just that the brick called him and said they were delivering this tv, but he has know idea how he won it...

Rose
Old 07-02-2007, 09:19 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

i have to agree with everyone else---all of those phone calls are definatly a red flag that this guy has issues---

He is a looser, if you had a good time, and he didnt call you then maybe he was only after one thing...and good for you that you stuck with your boundaries...and found out the EASY way that he is NOT for you!!!!!
Old 07-02-2007, 09:48 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Don't feel bad Rose, i have dated some real winners, let me tell you, and I even went on to date some of them for YEARS. Ugh!! I am 'freak magnet'. This guy i dated last time I was single would not stop calling the next day after the first date, and when I didn't answer the phone, he was ringing my doorbell like crazy. I was living above a coffee shop at the time and so I finally agreed to meet him there. i told him in the nicest way possible that i was not interested in persuing a relationship with him. he continued to ask me why and tried to convince me that i really DO like him....
Finally the people who work at the cofffee shop had to ask him to leave. I was so grateful!
Old 07-02-2007, 09:52 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

Originally Posted by rose View Post
Thanks...that is what my mom told me to, but I told her you have to tell me that you are mom. I just don't get what I did wrong or what turned him off so quickly..keep going over and over it.

Rose
He is looking and what drives he need to look may not be the same as you.
He is remembering the cute little 15 year old and found out...Opps...she is a lady with class and not that 15 year old push over he remembered.

12 calls in one night... that is a red flag if I ever seen one.
He is doing you a favor by not calling again.
Old 07-02-2007, 10:54 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
turning red!

Hi Rose! Long time no talk!
Anyway, i have to agree, this guy might have been a gentleman during the date night, but overall he's not (proof is: he hasn't called you back)
Truely he is a weirdo with the TVs,phone calls, trucks etc.. so, might as well be off him.
A better one will find his way to your heart soon.

hugs
Carine
Old 07-02-2007, 11:28 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

As I look at it, it wasn't him that I had the attraction for, it was having a nice night out and I really miss having a companion...I just have no idea where and what you do to meet someone.

Rose

Oh Funkster, you looked beautiful at your brothers wedding!
Old 07-03-2007, 04:28 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Rose,
Sorry that this guy was a real jerk, but better you found out now instead of later. At least you didn't lose anything, you gained a nice night out, a nice dinner. You are to sweet of a LADY to put up with a nut like that. I would have been scared if he called me that many times in 15 minutes. He has some real issues, and you don't need them. He was looking for a GOOD time and didn't get his way. Good for you.
Keep looking and have fun doing it, and when you least expect it Mr. Right will walk through the door.
Good luck
Old 07-03-2007, 05:06 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

i am glad he did not call. there is someone out there just for you, that is very special just like you.it will happen but right now just go have fun, do not let that creep get you down.hugs,