SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   I'm just crabby (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/127577-im-just-crabby.html)

CatsPajamas 07-02-2007 09:28 AM

I'm just crabby

I am crabby. I'm crabby about my work, my sons, my pets, my guy, all the things that need to be done around the house. I'm crabby that I have to work this week. I'm crabby that I don't have something fun all planned for the July 4th holiday.

I know this means I am not in a good place. If I had TIME, I would journal a bit and find out the root cause. Right now, I'm too busy crabbing and complaining to do that. AND by crabbing and complaining instead of working, I am getting even farther behind on all the things that aren't done yet which makes me crabby.

Well, huh. I think I need a meeting. Thank God it's Monday.

~Crabby Cats

Lovestoomuch 07-02-2007 09:35 AM

Not that it will make you feel any better, but I have a case of the crabs too and I WILL be going to a meeting Thursday night.

Ann 07-02-2007 09:37 AM

Stop where you are!!! :stop

Do not proceed until you PLAN something for July 4th...ice cream cones from the best ice cream shop in town....fireworks, city's or your own...a picnic anywhere pretty...buy something pretty for your garden. Don't have a garden? Start one! :D

You deserve a wonderful day of uncranky enjoyment. Besides, ice cream is good for hot flashes anytime.

Hugs

parentrecovers 07-02-2007 09:38 AM

do we need to call out for a few kicks in the butt with the bunny slippers?

i don't know about you, but when i'm crabby - fresh air helps. beware - garden weeds!

hope everyone feels better, k

cece1960 07-02-2007 09:45 AM

Me too ((((Cats)))
And thats all I have to say about that...:)

parentrecovers 07-02-2007 09:48 AM

well, good grief! go shopping or something, ladies! k

sending hugs...it'll get better..............................

CatsPajamas 07-02-2007 10:00 AM

OH did I mention that my allergies are really bugging me??? I went outside to pull up some gigantic weeds in my side yard - yardwork is good for me, ya know --- and I'll be danged if those weeds weren't RAGweed - high on my allergic-to list.

I can't even win when I'm pulling WEEEEDS.

WAAAAAAAH.

Now back to work

Cats

pjbs55 07-02-2007 10:09 AM

Cats,
Go outside sit in the sun and read a book. That helps me, or worse yet I clean the house top to bottom. The house looks good but I would rather be out by the beach.
Find 5 minutes to do something just for you and tell everyone else where they can go. But be nice about it.
I have been having days like yours alot lately, but somedays it is easier to get in a better mood than others.
Hugs

cookconfay 07-02-2007 10:14 AM

Add me to the list of crabbies. I KNOW it's just me, not the guy, not the job, not the 3 yr old. DANG what's a gal gotta do? For me I am still blaming it on HORMONES, anyone else out there over 40-45? I'm fine one minute and the next I could kick some huge a** or ball my eyes out. What the he*l????? It's messed up.

Louise54 07-02-2007 10:25 AM

Connie: I hear ya. Over 50 here. I know what you mean about the hormones. It sucks. Somedays I feel happy as a clam, and others I feel like crying or kicking some a-----, like you said. I think there's male menopause too. My husband used to be easy going, now he's always complaining about something. Either that or it's just plain old, old age. LOL

Lovestoomuch 07-02-2007 10:29 AM

Originally Posted by cookconfay (Post 1393769)
For me I am still blaming it on HORMONES, anyone else out there over 40-45? I'm fine one minute and the next I could kick some huge a** or ball my eyes out. What the he*l????? It's messed up.

Oh gosh. Is that what I have to look forward to next year?? :bigcry
Thanks ............I feel so much better now.........:bigcry

cookconfay 07-02-2007 10:32 AM

Oh, wait, sorry, oh cat outta bag. Naw, I hear tell not everyone has it like this and look. . .it ain't even really started yet and I'm like this. . . Oh what a drag!!! The insomnia, the night sweats, the psycho bitch comin out at the MOST INOPPORTUNE (sp) times?????????????? Sure probably screwed things up a little MORE having a child at 42???? My doc even told me as I was a big blob of jello on the floor after getting the news the week after xah moved in with his girlfriend (and he wasn't ex then!). . . He said. . ."you know God doesn't give us more than we can handle. . .sometimes you just wonder why he has to love us so much"!

hope213 07-02-2007 10:32 AM

just sending hugs to you.hope tomorrow is better.

cinderellawkids 07-02-2007 10:53 AM

The insomnia, the night sweats, the psycho bitch comin out at the MOST INOPPORTUNE (sp) times??????????????
Wow Ive been that way since I turned 30, maybe Ill get it overwith early

cookconfay 07-02-2007 10:57 AM

Well yeah, it could be a number of things. For me anyways, could be so many years of using & drinking????? Am I the only one that some days I just don't wanna be female! Has anyone heard the song "I thought I was tough". I like all kinds of music, prefer rock or blues, but this one happens to be country. Wish men had to go through one tenth of this crap just for a few months!!!!!! Bitch Bitch Bitch, see what I mean??? HA, it's really all ok, really. Can you spell schizophrenia? Not sure I did correctly anyway lol

GiveLove 07-02-2007 02:08 PM

Originally Posted by cookconfay (Post 1393769)
For me I am still blaming it on HORMONES, anyone else out there over 40-45?

Meeeeeeeeeeeeee!!! Yesterday I was an absolute angel. Happy and free.
Today I would like to just go back to bed before I hurt somebody.
Wheeee!
GL

cookconfay 07-02-2007 02:10 PM

Ya'll are great it's so nice to know that I am really not alone and that I'm not some phenom of the female species!!!!

Ann 07-02-2007 02:38 PM

I only have one thing to say about this....get hormones and get 'em fast. It's the only thing that works.

I've been giving these bunny slippers a work out today, but we all better be having a whale of a good time by July 4th or I'll hunt ya down and show you my steel toes.

http://img130.imageshack.us/img130/4...nnymamanb5.jpg