meth ads

Old 06-29-2007, 07:03 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

meth ads

I dont' know if this has been brought up before, but I got the link off msnbc.com to montanameth.org and the series of ads that State has been broadcasting about the dangers of meth. They are extremely disturbing, but apparently very, very effective in bringing down the State's meth use rate. Other States are looking into utilizing the ads. I daresay that they would certainly do some good around here.
Old 06-29-2007, 07:45 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress....

Tennessee does it. There are posters in my kid's schools that will turn your stomach...I hope it is working!
Old 06-29-2007, 08:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

Meth isn't a big thing in NYC yet but I know its coming. I wish they would use those add out here.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:27 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
On a tear

I hope they work...many things like that have been tried in other areas to change behavior (think old army films trying to scare G.I.s away from sex with prostitutes or the old Driver Education films showing gory car wrecks). They failed miserably. Young people especially have a sense of invulnerability that far outweighs the fear.

((hugs))
Old 06-29-2007, 10:44 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I've seen t.v. ads here in AZ. Unfortunately, it's a huge problem here.
Old 06-30-2007, 04:14 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

aztchr, I think that Arizona is one of the States that is going to use the Montana ads. I've heard that Phoenix is really really bad. AZ sharing a border with Mexico that isn't easily patrolled (due to topography) is a huge problem for the shipments of Mexican meth.
Old 06-30-2007, 04:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Well the ads might work on some people. If nothing else, it might prevent someone from starting...back in my 20s -(I'm ashamed to admit it), but i used to drink and drive. Then I saw one of those ads on TV where they show home movies of some little kid playing and then they come in with- 'she was killed by a drunk driver'. I thought, "oh my God, if that happened I could not live with myself".

I never drank and drove again after that.