please send prayers my way

Old 06-29-2007, 12:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

please send prayers my way

I am going to court on Monday RE: the DV complaint and RO.
Please send prayers for me and my children---that we be protected.

I do believe in the power of prayer especially when there is a group praying for you.

thanks to everyone for all of their support and advice...it has taken me a while to see how horrible a life I was living and that I dont deserve to live this way and neither do my kids.....I always felt bad for my ah and still put his needs in front of mine and the kids...I thought because he was sick, he couldnt help his actions and his behavior... but even if that were true, is it fair to me to be in a relationship with someone that i cant trust and who is engaging in illegal activity?? SOmeone who abuses me, physically and emotionally? If a murderer is insane, and he kills someone, do you feel bad for him.?.what about the victim.?.they are dead and it doesnt matter if the murderer was ill or not,,,,the victim is still dead and there is no turning back. does that make any sense?? I guess what I am trying to come to terms with that no matter is my ah is sick or not...and we are not talking cancer here..we are talking about a disease with choices...choices to pick up that first pill and choices to put down that last pill and go and get help....this is not "in sickness and in health". THis is something that is a danger to my kids and I am the only one who can protec them from it....I gave my ah chances and choices and I put up with more than most-lies, decption, manipulation and abuse.....do I deserve these things?? My ah makes up his own rules in a marriage and he thinks that no matter what he does, I should stick by him....sorry but I am worth more than that.
Old 06-29-2007, 12:11 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

You are right... you are TOTALLY worth more than that, and I will be praying!

*hugs*
Old 06-29-2007, 12:19 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
FINALLY FREE

you need to stay strong for your kids and think about there safety first if your h cant get help and stick to it and continue to stay clean for his family then he doesnt deserve that family in the first place you can only do so much to help him and your right you do deserve better you deserve to be happy with your kids you deserve peace and tranquility to watch your kids grow up just stay strong not only for you but for them and keep praying and i will be praying for you also best of luck in court
Old 06-29-2007, 12:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Wow, You have come so far in a matter of days. Yes it is a illness but it is a illness he can control.
You are right you have to protect your girls and yourself. Stay safe this weekend. Like I said before try to get away this weekend. Go visit out of town family or friends.
Hugs
Old 06-29-2007, 12:55 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A work in progress....

you are worth WAY more than that! Hang tough, this will get better!
Old 06-29-2007, 12:57 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

you have my prayers & support.you are worth more than you get from him.hugs,hope
Old 06-29-2007, 01:21 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

I havent posted much in your threads, but I do read them and say a prayer for you too. I have been watching your own recovery unfold by the day. You are doing so good. Prayers for you and your family.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:07 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

You are priceless! Sending lots of prayers and good thoughts your way. We are all with you!!!
Old 06-29-2007, 02:23 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
On a tear

Lots of prayers....((((hugs))))

I absolutely believe that contracting addiction is beyond our control... and that the changes necessary to begin our recovery are totally within our control.

I wish you the best.
Old 06-29-2007, 02:37 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Drained,
My thoughts, prayers and special hugs go out to you and your family. You deserve the best; you don't need to settle for less. Take care!
Old 06-29-2007, 03:21 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i want to thank you for this post, it makes a lot more sense to me than you could know, you've made things a little clearer for me too. i will continue to pray for you and your kids and for your addict too. you are so right, you do deserve the best and so do your kids
Old 06-29-2007, 03:37 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hugs and Prayers coming your way. It seems like a 180-degree turn-around since you first came here!! You are so much stronger!! YEAH FOR YOU!
Old 06-29-2007, 04:48 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

you know what it is? I made a move--got an RO and then a lawyer..after that i just did what my lawyer told me to do and once you start things in motion...there is no going back....what would i do if i went back??? live like i have been with a man i dont trust and who i cant talk to? He woudlnt let me confront him about things--he would get intimidating..that was his weapon..he gets to do what he wants to do and if i question it, he would use intimidation to back me down...what kind of a life is that?

He did change the agreement again...but still has restraints on me not to be able to contact his family and friends and co-workers exceptp about the kids...he is still trying to control me and what i say to his family..my lawyer said no way!! he can use that agaisnt me and trap me too..he also had in his agreement that i cant use any part of his evaluation and drug treatment in any other preceedings...again--control..like i would give my children over to him if he hasd a positive drug test??? c'mon lets be serious!!

...until another DV issue comes up and then get another RO and then another lawyer, and so on , and so on...
Old 06-29-2007, 05:24 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  

DW,
You are handling this a lot better today than you did last week. You are seeing things more clearly now. You are doing the right thing listening to your lawyer.
You are right your AH is still trying to control you, and I'm glad you are able to see that. Keep up the great work.
Stay safe, and have a good weekend with the girls
Old 06-29-2007, 06:24 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

You know DW, when I left my husband I did it for similar reasons...
He was destroying his life with binges on alcohol and mental illness he could nto get a handle on.

I made a decision that if I stayed with him, his alcoholism and illness was going to destroy two lives... and that made NO sense. I left.

Sadly I gave him 20 years of my life.. the best 20 physically.. I do not regret it because I got to be a farmer but no one can replace those years or that time.

You are doing the right thing and I am praying for you.
Old 06-29-2007, 06:27 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Stay strong; sending prayers for you and your children.
Old 06-29-2007, 08:07 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Administrator

Keeping you and your children in my prayers. Your recovery growth is wonderful.
Old 06-29-2007, 10:38 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

DW = You really give me hope for my struggle. You can't even know how your words relate so much to how I feel... I intend on reading this post over and over to help give me the strength to get to where you are. I am praying for you and your girls and I thank you for sharing your struggle with us. If you can be strong then so can I. THANK YOU! ((((biggest hugs))))
Old 06-30-2007, 06:35 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

(((((((((((((((drainedwife & your children)))))))))))))))))))

Keeping you in my prayers. And I know prayers work. Trust that your HP is in control. You stay steady on your course. HP will be there for you.

Hugs,
Hangin' In
Old 06-30-2007, 07:31 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Adding my prayers for protection, strength, happiness and peace for you and your children, Drainedwife. Your recovery is really showing. You seem so much stronger than when you first arrived.