I am so frustrated right now...

Old 06-30-2007, 01:04 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

you will find the right house for you.i do not think this is it.too many problems before you move in...no way.
Old 07-01-2007, 08:04 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

So, I think I've figured out how I'm going to handle this

Hubby and I were trying to figure out how we could get out of being screwed in this. The contract says that either the buyer or seller can move back the closing date once and that once that happens, the closing date is pretty much set. Therefore, we will move the closing back one business day to the 16th so that the seller cannot move it back any further. This will keep him from being able to lock us into this through the end of July. Then, basically, we will know by saturday the 14th if whether or not we will legally be able to make an offer on another house.

We already have a list of houses we want to check out in the meantime, and my husband is really excited about one in particular. It's brand new (built in 2006), has everything we like about the first house PLUS a screened in porch and a bay window in the dining room like I wanted and a basement like he wanted, none of which are in the house we're going through heck over now.

I'm not going to lie; I still want things to work out for this house. But now, if it doesn't, at least I have a plan B.

Plus, our buyer's agreement with our agent expires on the 18th, and if things do fall through, at least I don't have to be annoyed with his getting a commission that he didn't earn
Old 07-01-2007, 08:14 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Good for you, lady. You are reminding me of what I've heard so many times around here about "What's the difference between a good day and a bad day?" Oh, about 2 days."

If you let things happen (as in hands off the addict and all that other good stuff we hear in here), then our HP can step in and work it out for us. Might not be what we had planned, but he works it out according to his plan. I know that is why the smart folks who came up with the 12 step program said, "Practice these principles in all our affairs." See..."let go, let God" ... recovery works in more situations than just addiction.

Keep us posted. I have a feeling God has an even better place for you to live!

Hugs,
Hangin' In
Old 07-01-2007, 08:18 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Thank you so much Hangin' In. Your guidance, along with that of everyone else on here, has been such a blessing.

You guys are awesome for helping me to think objectively about this