Nana Codie?? or Nana Lovestoomuch??

Old 06-28-2007, 07:07 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Hey Elana ~ Your mom must've co authored the co-dependent behavior book with my mom!!
Kris~ Enjoy every second ~This time will pass in a blink of an eye. But make sure you schedule in some "me" time everyday. Even if its just a few minutes to recharge! Oh, and give Wyatt an extra hug from me!
Old 06-28-2007, 07:15 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Must be something when the children have babies they need their mommies more. My mom was 42 when she had my little brother and had raised me and my sister and my stepsister yet she still flew my grandma in from Arizona to live with us for the first few months to help her out. My mom is a nurse and my brother was choking and didnt know what to do so my grandma calmly walked over and smacked his back and he was fine. Its things like that our moms know how to do that we forget when its our kid.

Your doing what I think moms do. I would probably move my mom in too when I have a kid. I just know I would need her expertise!!
Old 06-28-2007, 07:19 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

I have 3 grandsons 11, 3 and 9 months. I always tell people, "it's a whole different ball game when it comes to grandkids". So my grandcodieness started with the 11 year old and still holds, Ryan (11 yr old) called me the day before the last day of school to ask me if I can pick him up the last day and he sleep over, I of course said sure. that was June 13th, what is it today June 28th, HE'S STILL HERE!!
So to answer your question, "it doesn't matter which it is, it just is" lol
congrats on that perfect baby and enjoy!
Old 06-28-2007, 07:26 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
'Round and 'Round I Go....

You are doing what any Nana/Mom does best. Guide their daughter in early motherhood. You're showing her the ropes and helping her cope with this huge transition in her life. And how can you not be wrapped around Wyatt's little finger....he is just adorable. What's good is that you are aware that you might be crossing that fine line between helpful and codie. But for right now...I personally don't think you are. Enjoy every moment while you are there.
Old 06-28-2007, 07:30 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
turning red!

Awww so cute say congrat to the parents, they look very cute & happy too. Luckily Supernana is around! Enjoy this time to the fullest and i am sooooooo very very happy you have joy in your family. You deserve some peace time.
xoxo
Old 06-28-2007, 07:46 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Starry Girl

We lived with my Mom for almost a year after our son was born. She did help out alot, but never at night . Heh heh. The biggest advice I got then was "sleep when the baby does" and believe me my son did NOT sleep very much.

Your daughter is still really young herself and I know I needed my Mom alot too when I had my baby at age 24. It's ok to help out and soon enough she will be more comfortable and Wyatt will be sleeping more.

I hope they did the "cut" procedure on him and not the "Bell" (where they tie a string around it and literally the skin dies and falls off). The cut procedure only took my son about a week and a half to heal well. If they did the Bell it will take significantly longer and it has greater risks.

wishing you sweet dreams!
Old 06-28-2007, 07:54 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Kris,
Today do what you have to for you. Go see the little love after you are done your things. Your daughter will start doing more when she is more comfortable being a mom. She calls you since she knows you are a GREAT MOM and a Great Nana too.
I'll fly down there anytime to help out with him. He is so adorable.
Hugs to all of you
Old 06-28-2007, 09:08 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

I think it's a good thing for you and little Wyatt to spend a lot of time together. He is sure getting to know his Nana. Nothing wrong with that.......he is just a little precious baby that needs his Nana sometimes. It has only been three weeks....your daughter will get more and more comfortable with things as time goes on. Then you'll feel left out when she doesn't need you as much. I know you are enjoying this time and you should. Bless your daughter's heart for needing her mom right now.
What a gift that baby is............Lo
Old 06-28-2007, 09:56 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

Loves, I think you just love them so much and he is your new baby.

When Michael got his circumcision (SP) I put A&D ointment on his little weewee and also on a gauze pad and place in top of his weewee then put the pamper on.

There were also times when michael would sleep but not due to the circumcision... he had gas pain so I would give him gas drops. I forget the name of it but its in the baby aisle.

I hope he feels better soon and you and mommy get some rest.

Hugs,
Jewel
Old 06-28-2007, 03:16 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Oh, he is just ducky!

Looking at the pictures of Mommy & Daddy, you see how very young they are, just kids themselves.

I would do the same thing, they need you right now, and it is blessing that you are there to help them.
Old 06-28-2007, 04:12 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

I remember one night....and I was living with them. My daughter came into my room and woke me crying. I sleep soundly. They both had tried everything to calm little Noah and nothing worked until both parents were crying.
I said, don't let it come to that...bring him to me.
I am sure he could feel their tension and fear.
I just bundled him up close and rocked and just like that everything was all right.
And later I showed her how I held him and what I said to him...I count rocks...and have never had a child make it to 250 rocks. LOL Just a calm counting and it just works for me. (It also soothes the adult who has been waked yet again!)

How on earth are they to know all the little but important things...like make sure he burps...if we don't show them?
Old 06-28-2007, 06:21 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

Originally Posted by MeggieStar View Post
I hope they did the "cut" procedure on him and not the "Bell" (where they tie a string around it and literally the skin dies and falls off). The cut procedure only took my son about a week and a half to heal well. If they did the Bell it will take significantly longer and it has greater risks.

wishing you sweet dreams!
Wyatt was "cut". I've never heard of the "Bell". That sounds horrible.........and how would the little guy be able to pee?

They took the him to the doctor today so she could see how his thingie is and they said everything looks great. Except my daughter said the doctor pulled back the skin again and made him bleed. So.........looks like I'll be whooping the ars of a certain doctor for making my little man cry. :

I did end up going over there this evening. Wyatt was a bit fussy, then I picked him up and he was all better LOL. My daughter said "you don't have to go do you? He's so calm with you." OH YEAAAAA.........I've got that grandma somethin somethin!
Old 06-28-2007, 07:51 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

(((NanaLoves)))

I do not have any children, so I am not the one to hand out advice on this one.

Just wanted to tell you how sweet your grandson looks

Lithloren
Old 06-28-2007, 08:08 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Yep, Nana has the touch.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:13 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  
A work in progress....

hey now Nana loves,

Nothing wrong with loving that wee one, or with helping your baby learn to be a mama!! My baby Shelby was here most of today; I took care of her while mommy rested. I LOVED it!!!

I say just relax and enjoy the time you have with him; we both know how quickly it is gone....

((((big hugs from one nana to another))))))
Old 06-28-2007, 08:25 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

Hey Loves. I didn't see till just now you put up more pics of Wyatt. I'm impressed that you can get all yours the same size. I'd be embarrased to tell you how long it took me. And Wyatt has his eyes open, I love the one with Wyatt & dad. That is just precious. How come the circumcisoin wasn''t done till a few days ago? Thanks for the peek.
Old 06-28-2007, 08:26 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Administrator

I can certainly see why you'd be totally smitten by this little guy and his sweet mama! Thanks for sharing the pics! Do what feels good for you and if you start to resent, I think Cece's idea of having some baby and me time at your place is a good one. Then you can establish when and the kids can have some quiet time at home.

I babysat a lot as a teenager for infants so I had some level of confidence when I became a mom. But I have to say, I was still so glad on those nights that my daughter was colicky or when she had her days and nights mixed up, or the first time she had a high fever that I could talk to my mom and get some ideas. I can't imagine how scary it must be for moms who aren't used to infants to care for their first babies.
Old 06-28-2007, 09:44 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

Originally Posted by helpus View Post
How come the circumcisoin wasn''t done till a few days ago? Thanks for the peek.

I asked my daughter that same question. From what she told me the hospital wanted $500 to do it and the doctor they endedup using only cost them $200. So, it all came down to a money factor.
Old 06-29-2007, 04:15 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Ohhh. BTW love your aviator. Your are sooo pretty.