I need your prayers and advice please

Old 06-27-2007, 06:13 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Rest peacefully Sonny Boy

I'm real tired now. I think because I could let some of this out, and be reminded there are some really good people out there, that care, I think I can sleep now. I'm going to try. Thank You all.

B
Old 06-27-2007, 06:20 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Get some rest, then things will seem a little more clear later.

My thoughts are with you and your daughter.

(((hugs)))
Old 06-27-2007, 06:23 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

(((Frankly)))

How horrible. I am so very sorry for her and for you. I hope that catch the bas*ards and lockem up for good. Its such a sad thing to hear.
Old 06-27-2007, 06:37 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
I'm HOME!!!!!

(((Frankly))

No advice here, just hugs and prayers for you both. I can't imagine how you are feeling right now, but know we walk beside you...lean on us whenever you need to!!

NSW
Old 06-27-2007, 08:30 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

((((Frankly))))
Old 06-27-2007, 08:41 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

No advice. I am not a Mom and the words you saysound like my Mom (and it matters not the age of the child.. 18 or 50).

I am sorry this has happened. Just sending out prayers and best wishes. Others here have offered way better, more experienced advice than I.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:00 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

(((((Frankly))))))

My first thought was that of Ann's. When I don't know what to do, I know my HP will reveal it to me if I pray and wait. You might think you probably don't have time to wait, but if you're staying to help with getting her teeth fixed, you do have time. No decision has to be made in the next hour, right?

Frankly, I am so sorry about this. Things like this make the hair on my arm stand up when I think about it. But I know that you and your daughter can make it through this. Might not feel like it at the moment, but you will and can.

I'm praying for you and your daughter, Frankly, that your HP will show you exactly the right thing to do at the right time. He's done that for me many times, Frankly. I just had to be willing to pray, be quiet and listen.

Big hugs for you and your daughter,
Hangin' In
Old 06-27-2007, 09:05 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
let it grow!

hugs and prayers, frankly - k
Old 06-27-2007, 09:12 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

Frankly, I just don't know what to say right now. I am praying got a speedy recovery of your daughter, I pray that she gets counseling and those people who hurt her get caught.

I am sorry.

hugs,
Jewel
Old 06-27-2007, 10:00 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

frankly.............you and your daughter are in my deepest and most sincere prayers!
Old 06-27-2007, 10:49 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  

prayers now to you and your daughter
Old 06-27-2007, 02:19 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

*hugs*

Frankly, as long as you're staying for a few days, maybe she will have time to come to her senses and realize she needs to go home. Right now she is probably still a little shaken up, especially if she can't remember anything. If she's scared, she's going to be looking for any normalcy, which is what staying put would seem to give her. Let her think about it for another day or two, IMO. She just may surprise you and come back around, esp. when she realizes that staying in FL would mean being near the people who did this to her.

*praying for all three of you*

-Courtney
Old 06-27-2007, 04:18 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

(((((Frankly))))), there just aren't words. Rest will help you both, clear your mind, everything doesn't have to be done right now ... one day and one thing is plenty good enough for what you, your daughter and your family are facing...we're all here for you...nitelite

p.s. happy to throw the ex in a river for you.
Old 06-27-2007, 05:16 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

(((Frankly))), (((((Vicky))))). I am sending lots & lots of prayers your way. How aweful. I can't even imagine. I would probably not rush into any decision too fast about where she should live ect, but I do agree with Ann. Look for guidence and answers form your HP. The Police should have a contact # for her to get some counsling, maybe someone that kind of specializes in rape/violence. Let her know you love her and she isn't to blame. I am truly sorry. We are here for you.
Old 06-27-2007, 05:58 PM
  # 35 (permalink)  

((((((Frankly)))))))
((((((Vicky)))))))

I am just so sorry about what happened. Please know that you are in my thoughts and prayers tonight and in the days to come. I can only imagine your heartache over all of this. Hang on tight to your HP...and remember we're here if you need a shoulder to lean on in the days and weeks to come.
Old 06-27-2007, 05:58 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  

(((Frankly))) Love her unconditionally.
Offer her a ride home to tennessee.....for a temporary stay.
There you did it.....let her make the decision.
What more can you do?
Old 06-27-2007, 06:33 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  

(((frankly & daughter)))

What a terrible thing and I am SO sorry your daughter was hurt this way. Be there for her now and see what the future brings ... you don't have to decide everything today. Thoughts and prayers are with you.

hugs ~

deedee
Old 06-27-2007, 06:59 PM
  # 38 (permalink)  
Administrator

Frankly, I'm just so terribly sorry...It is so hard to imagine that there are people so horrible who would do this to your baby. I'm so glad she has you to turn to for comfort and support and I know you will do all you can to encourage her to get counseling and be gentle with herself.

I too think time and prayers will help guide you. I also understand your son's concerns. I am praying for him too...neither of your children are to blame for this horrible crime.

Please take care of yourself Frankly and know that you and your family are in my prayers. Hugs.
Old 06-28-2007, 05:47 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

((((((((((Frankly)))))))))))))

OMG! I'm so, so very sorry for what has happened to your daughter.
Those monsters!
My God! What is wrong with people? What kind of evil are we living with here?
I can't imagine what your going through. I just can't imagine it.
The pain and fear.
I wish so badly that I could offer some good advice on what you should do.
I'm a mother of a 20 yo daughter. She decided to stay in Pennsylvania when we moved back home to Cincinnati. We just went to visit her a couple of days ago.
She shares an apartment with her gf and they are moving this weekend to a townhouse. The area is nice. A real nice neighborhood. There's always that fear though that something horrible will happen to her. We just can't be there for them 24/7. Even though we want to. (sad smile)
I know that 2 years ago, she was dating some guy that she thought she was head over heels with and left home in the middle of the night. Just packed her stuff and moved in with him. She said she left in the night because she knew I would try to stop her. Ha! She was right. When I woke up and my baby was gone...
I thought she'd been kidnapped. Brainwashed. There was no way she was gonna leave home of her own accord. What had I done to make her want to live away from me? lol
It took me a long time to figure it out. By that time, she'd broken up with him and moved home again. Her own decision, btw.
I was devastated for a long time. I then realized that she had more courage than I ever would. I would never have left home on my own.
He!!, after my divorce and my mother's divorce, we moved back in together and I was 26 at the time. I never wanted to leave home. lol So you can imagine how shocked I was. We want to protect our little girls from everyone and anyone that we think may harm them.
It's just that we can't.
Especially in your case. What happened was not your fault, not her fault.
We can love them, nurture them, and give them all the advice in the world, and just pray to God that they take it.
I applaud her for wanting to stay where she is. You must have raised a very strong willed young lady. Does she get that from her mama?
Oh, sweetie. I wish there was something I could say to help.
Just give her some time. Who knows? She may decide that living in Tn., is right for her, eventually. Give her a hug from me and I'm praying that everything works out the way it should. You take care and try not to worry too much.
I know...easier said than done. That's a mom for ya. lol
Your both in my prayers,
Linda
Old 06-28-2007, 06:03 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

Frankly...my thoughts and prayers are being sent to you both. I was raped in college during a fraternity pledge week. It was a really difficult time for me, but I got counseling and came through it OK. The only time I really even think about it is if my husband comes up from behind me to hug me, I still jump 5 feet in the air. Treat her gently, but don't let her dwell. My parents at first thought it was best to let me try and heal on my own. All I wanted to do was hide in a darkened room. Fortunately my mom quickly realized this wasn't healthy and forced me, practically kicking and screaming, into therapy. I fought it at first thinking it was a waste of time but it really, really helped. I hope that in the next few days, while you are helping her get her teeth fixed, the two of you together can come up with a plan. Even if she doesn't realize it, the next few months are going to be hard and she is going to need support. I'm just so sorry this has happened.