Penny For Your Thoughts Part 15

Old 06-27-2007, 07:10 AM
  # 121 (permalink)  

Buck's being a typical dog, mine was a nightmare until recently and she is 17 months old
Old 06-27-2007, 07:11 AM
  # 122 (permalink)  

WHY is Paris Hilton still the top news story?
Why was she ever the top news story?
Old 06-27-2007, 07:11 AM
  # 123 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by cinderellawkids View Post
My best friend lives near San Diego, she wants to move back to Florida. Says its too fast passed, and all concrete, but thats just her opinion.

Im a born and raised Floridian, lived in NC mountains a bit (few months, separate years-kept being drawn back before I had a carreer.

More people in Florida prisons, I didnt know that
They always say CA is "laid back" like me! How is NC???
Old 06-27-2007, 07:12 AM
  # 124 (permalink)  

My kids were grown before I started hopping around. And it was just me.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:13 AM
  # 125 (permalink)  

I love NC too but don't know much about it. Just that it is one of the most beautiful drives I have ever been on.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:13 AM
  # 126 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by liveweyerd View Post
WHY is Paris Hilton still the top news story?
Why was she ever the top news story?
She hired publicity people...just like Donald T(rump) thanks for reminding me why i haven't turned on the TV in 3 weeks!!!
Old 06-27-2007, 07:15 AM
  # 127 (permalink)  

All right...another anti-tv person. I hadn't owned one in 10 yrs, but hubby has to have it.
Old 06-27-2007, 07:38 AM
  # 128 (permalink)  

NC is awesome, but like everywhere else, if costs are low you have drive a ways to high income jobs.
People are real down to earth, but youd never believe the amount of drugs in the mountains everywhere.
ANd theres the good old boys law.
Example AHs dad beat his adult daughter (SIL) she left and pressed charges, the cops laughed and said what did you do to deserve it. They gave her 5 minutes to collect her things
Old 06-27-2007, 07:49 AM
  # 129 (permalink)  

That good ole boy system sounds like where I used to live with exabf!
Stuff like that really happens!
Old 06-27-2007, 08:08 AM
  # 130 (permalink)  
President

I live on Long Island in NY. Depending on what part you're in, the rents go up. It's rare to see anything for less then $1000/month even in the bad neighborhoods. But, the pay rates are higher here and there's more jobs available...... but gas costs more, electric costs more, a stinkin pack of gum costs more. It's also a strange place to live, as you'll drive down one block full of bungalows and then drive down the next with huge mansions. The average house costs 500,000.... and you totally don't get your money's worth.

One of my friends moved to Virginia. She rented out an entire house including utilities, cable, phone for $500/month. Just don't remember the name of the town she moved to!

My brother's moving to Georgia. They're buying a house there and starting their own business. According to him, that's the place to move. Low cost of living and high salaries. But, I guess it all depends on what you do!
Old 06-27-2007, 08:22 AM
  # 131 (permalink)  

Ive done this before, what is the gas prices in your area?
milk?
average house?
average electric bill?

Here in Daytona Florida gas is $2.89 a gallon (today) milk $3.89 a gallon and average house over $200,000, although with no one buying the rates are dropping quick, my old home was appraised for $130,000 in a bad neighborhood, real bad and Ive got it listed at 99,500 and no calls, the house behind it is in bank liquidation, the people want $60,000

electric bill average $150 a month
Old 06-27-2007, 08:34 AM
  # 132 (permalink)  
President

2006 average price of homes - $606,859
Gas (according to the station next door) $3.59 a gallon.
I don't buy milk! Only soy milk! Which is 4 something a gallon.
I don't pay electric.... all tied into my rent.
Old 06-27-2007, 09:07 AM
  # 133 (permalink)  
grateful rca

hey yall, glad to see that you all seem to be ok, i was released yesterday, afternoon` doing ok i think, i've got to figure out how on earth i'm suppose to afford all of this medication, i had medicare but as far as i know now, i didn't have any insurance to cover my medicine. i'm not home right now, i'm at my daughter's, i do have assess to internet, but i'm still not feeling that strong right now, so sitting at the comp is kind of hard, i don't have my laptop here yet. thinl i'll spend a few days here so i'll hope to get to talk to you all a little later.

i have read through many post but i did want to let yall know that i was at home and i'm doing ok. thank you all so much for your many prayers. the prayers of sr sure do go a long way i think, i thought about you all often and i really have been missing you all, be back when i can. thanks again and now maybe i need to strart a new thread, so that the others can know that i'm gonna live, i think, lol
Old 06-27-2007, 09:09 AM
  # 134 (permalink)  

YAY! Teke. You take good care of yourself, ya'hea
Old 06-27-2007, 09:13 AM
  # 135 (permalink)  

Teke, its great to hear from you. Wanted to send you a card or such but didnt know how.

Guys, playing online and found in my area a median household income here is $28,300.
I guess Im not doing so bad because thats 300 more a year than I make alone, so, still broke but feeling better
Old 06-27-2007, 09:14 AM
  # 136 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

Hey teke so glad your out the hospital. I hope your able to be back online soon.

Feel better, keep getting stronger and know you are on our minds.

Hugs,
Jewel
Old 06-27-2007, 09:51 AM
  # 137 (permalink)  

glad to hear from you teke!!!! glad your out of the hospital....and prayers that your up and feeling better soon!
Old 06-27-2007, 09:55 AM
  # 138 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

cindi how did you find the median income?
Old 06-27-2007, 09:57 AM
  # 139 (permalink)  

hello everyone................

I'm a little off today.......
1st thing this morning I got a call from the treatment center my AH is in...someone verifing his address but the guy asked if he was home..........and when I said no he's suppose to be there.....the guy said he probably is I dont know I'm just a helper!!
So I have been fighting the urge to call and check......and I keep telling myself it doesnt matter anyhow......either way its up to him my life should go on as normal.....so I'm not gonna check

then theres the thread by frankly, gosh that hurts my heart. I feel so horrible for her and her daughter.......just a few days ago she posted about empty nest, letting our children go.........she did, she let go, she had faith ........ and her worse fears happened. I am struggling with the letting go with my own 18 year old daughter and ..............oh how I hate this world and the creeps in it!!!! We can't even be allowed to let go or to have faith that our children will be safe because in this messed up world...........they aren't safe!!!
my deepest prayers and concern go out to frankly her family and all the other families out there that have to go thur such awful things.........
Old 06-27-2007, 10:04 AM
  # 140 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jewelz View Post
cindi how did you find the median income?

Im not sure, it popped up for me on a site I listed my house.