I pitched a fit!

Old 06-24-2007, 02:25 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

I pitched a fit!

Yes, I did, over such a dumb thing:

Being the good codie I am, I went over to my Dad's winter retreat to start his SUV and run it for a week or so. He's been gone since April, so it was time.

I was in a crappy mood, no reason, just was.

So, I hop in and the darn thing wouldn't start, I did all the usual things, flipped on the headlights and so on...Nope, wouldn't turn.

It's only 97 here today, the sun is a blazin and so I am.

I do the mature thing, I hop out of the vehicle and start swearing and kicking the tires.

I am pissed....

The neighbor comes out, he's about 90 and says, "What's the problem"? Gee what do you think?

So, I explain, he says "Don't you think it would be easier to just jump the battery"?

Sure, but, I don't have cables, my luck he does...now we come to the problem...the
SUV is lodged in my Dad's carport, no access to pull another vehicle up along side or
in front of it. So, he has another brainstorm, "You can push it, the driveway is on a
slope, no problem".

Ok, being a respectful youngin I proceed to attempt this feat, oh yeah baby it moves, now keep in mind my helper is inside the SUV and is supposed to pull up the brake to stop the thing from rolling into the neighbors house...

Well, he had a senior moment,and, forgot to pull up the brake, the damn thing was on a roll, and, ended up crashing into the neighbors brick flower wall, yep, it stopped the SUV before it destroyed their mobilehome, but they were not happy....I don't get it, do you? Hello State Farm, you won't believe what just happened!

So, the moral of this story is:

If you need to pitch a fit, do it.
Don't let a neighbor help you, especially if they are over 85.
and

Screw this codie thing, each man for himself.

Dad, this one is for you,

$#X@&$*!
Old 06-24-2007, 02:36 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Oh, Dolly, I know that it is not funny, but the way you told it sure gave me a laugh. Thanks and I hope that in the future you can find someone who can do the pushing Hugs, Marle
Old 06-24-2007, 02:39 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

OMG
You described it so well I could see it all happening!!! I am so sorry! There you were trying to do a good deed, then WHAM!
I do understand your frustration.
I hope State Farm is understanding. HUGS to you.
Terri
Old 06-24-2007, 02:40 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

I always try the kicking things and cursing first.

When that doesn't work...I say I can't fix it. And give up and go on. I would have called Dad and said it won't start. Sorry.

What a story...I can see it, I can really see it.

You didn't kick the old man and curse him did you?
Old 06-24-2007, 02:57 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

The best part is when I call my Dad and explain the whole mess he says "You know Bob doesn't think clearly anymore, what were you thinking"?

My response:

"Obviously Dad, being a confused codie, I wasn't...next time fly down here and start the thing yourself"!

Then he asks "Where is my SUV now"?

"Well, it still wouldn't start after a jump, it was blocking the street, and was wedged in the neighbors flower bed, so it has been towed away".

At least I won't have to worry about starting it for awhile!

This whole episode took 3 hours, and Bob, well, he thought he was in Disney World on one of the rides! He was smiling when I helped him out of the SUV ride, I was still pissed and kicked a tire again, the flat one that kinda exploded when it hit the brick flower wall.

What a day, I'm going to bed!
Old 06-24-2007, 03:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

Originally Posted by dollydo View Post

So, the moral of this story is:

If you need to pitch a fit, do it.
Don't let a neighbor help you, especially if they are over 85.
and

Screw this codie thing, each man for himself.
Oh my!! I'm sorry Dolly. Although the way you told what happened I have to confess made me giggle a little, I wanted you to know. I needed that above lesson today believe it or not. So in what seems like a twisted way. Thank you.
Old 06-24-2007, 03:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Hmmmm, I was going to put on the steel toes bunny slippers and give you a gentle "nudge"...but I think I'll just lend them to you instead so you can get comfy and put your feet up and be glad that tomorrow's a brand spanking new day
Old 06-24-2007, 04:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
On a tear

Dang Dolly... I can't think of even one thing to say!

Of course... I also can't stop laughing.

(((lovinghugs))) .... snicker. (oops)
Old 06-24-2007, 04:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

Oh boy Dolly.. I have sooo been there when it comes to machinery... and stupid stuff too. NOTHING makes me cuss like a misbehaving machine!

When I was farming I had a tractor .. International 400 wide front end. The starter in it was designed too small.. it was a 6 volt system and took two batteries hooked in PARALLEL to turn it over. This SOB Lived on a hill.. you started it by popping the clutch and saying a prayer to the Tractor Starting Gods. Of course, if it died in the field while working you had to get a tow to start it.

When that thing died on me at the rented land (b4 cell phones) and I had to WALK home 6 miles in the blazing sun.. I SWORE I would NEVER run that tractor again. Ever. I had spent HUNDREDS trying to get it to start reliably.. NO WAY. Design Flaw.

I got it home (after walking home. getting Ex ujp from his binge.. and getting a two)and parked it on a hill. Two weeks later I bought diesel tractor.. twice the horse power, used half the fuel and had a cab and AIR CONDITIONING.. got it used and the price was really good and d**n Sam, it started. Every time. Even when it was cold out cuz it had a BLOCK HEATER.

The old 400 sat on the hill where I parked it for years until some motor head into tractor pulls bought it for Hot Rodding. Good.. tho I did warn him, "You gotta park it on a hill....."

That was a tractor.. I go absolutely NUTZ when the car misbehaves. Oh I can cuss well enough to make a sailor blush. LOL

And lets not get into asking for help.. I have triple A and a car and a truck because I know the stress of one of them dying just ain't worth it.

And lets not get into helping others with their mechanical things.. I know something but man you got to ASK me and I will try very hard to NOT be home if I am going to be the one turning the wrench on YOUR car.....

Yeah.. take a nap.. go to bed... Trust me the difference between a good day and a bad day is about 24 hours.
Old 06-24-2007, 05:52 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

Oh Dolly

I sure wish I could have seen them goings on! That would have been more fun than an Abbott and Castello movie (anyone remember them?)

I sure can understand how that weather can ruin a person's sense of humor.

Thank God Bob had a good time though. Look what a good deed you did! He probably hasn't had that much fun in a long time.

I almost died when Dad asked were his SUV was and you said "towed!" Oh my God that's hysterical.

One thing I have learned through this, Dolly, is don't ask you for help! Even though you are such a sweet, considerate child.

Hugs, Devastated

P.S. Keep up the good work, Dolly!
Old 06-24-2007, 05:57 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Hey Dolly

Just thought of something.

This is one of those times when a good retort to the neighbors, having a hissy fit because the SUV ruined their brick planter, would have been:

OTHER THAN THAT MRS. LINCOLN, HOW'D YOU LIKE THE PLAY? LOL

Hugs, Devastated
Old 06-24-2007, 06:15 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Well, actually the old man wasn't that batty. It would have worked....if he would have braked.
Old 06-25-2007, 03:24 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Morning,

I feel better, a shower, a glass of wine and I hit the sack.

Today, I see the humor, yesterday all I could see was my flaming temper.

Forgot to mention, the neighbors called the sheriff, they came out...they were going to give Bob some tickets:

I) Driving without a license, seems he lost his 10 years ago, at age 82.

2) Reckless driving.

Of coarse, codie to the rescue, another tantrum.

He wasn't driving, the engine was off, never started.

Reckless driving? No, Reckless rolling maybe, but beleieve me, he wasn't driving.

The sheriffs must have thought I'd lost my last screw, I was soaked with sweat, my face was smeared with dirt, and my hair was plastered to my head like a helmet.
They asked me "Are you ok"? My retort "Of coarse not, I'm a codie"...no tickets for Bob and they suggested I go home and calm down...ya think?

Boy, trying to save the world is hard work!

Have a nice day, that is my plan!
Old 06-25-2007, 04:54 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

Oh ya gotta love it.. Involve the Local Law and things really go to H*!!......

so, here it is Monday AM. Beautiful day here and the car started.. for which I am truly grateful!

Keep smiling Dolly.. and remember that it is Madam Dolly who wears the Blue Cape with the S on it (or is it Pink now?)
Old 06-25-2007, 07:44 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

dolly,

that cracked me up - i remember my in laws trailer park place in lantana florida - those folks were a riot - especially the ones who would find an suv going downhill a disney ride - i may have to suggest that - an old timers area at disney - they wouldn't need all the visual genius that the kids need - it could be cheap - if i get any residuals i''ll let you know dolly - thanks for the visual...

glad today is better - enjoy...

love,
s
Old 06-25-2007, 08:05 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
let it grow!

the things we do! blessings, k

(stay AWAY from the suv)