Stay or Leave?

Old 06-20-2007, 05:14 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Stay or Leave?

The age old question revisited:

SHOULD I STAY OR LEAVE THIS RELATIONSHIP?

INSTRUCTIONS: Answer the following questions logically and unemotionally.

1. Why am I still in this relationship?

2. If the Addict is in recovery, are they making visible and sufficient progress, or do their actions contradict their words?

3. Does the Addict take more away from the table than he/she brings? If so, do I have compelling reasons to remain with someone who brings so much trouble to my life and my children's life?

4. If I do have compelling reasons to remain, are these reasons truly compelling and relevant, or am I still in denial and refusing to accept "What is"?

5. Assuming my spouse/partner does not recover fully, what will my life be like in ten years if I stay in this relationship?

5A. Assuming my spouse/partner does not recover fully, what will my children?s life be like in ten years if I keep them in this relationship?

6. Assuming my spouse/partner does not recover fully, what will my life be like in ten years if I leave this relationship?

6A. Assuming my spouse/partner does not recover fully, what will my children?s life be like in ten years if I remove them from this relationship?

7. Whether my decision is to stay or leave, in the future when I am on my deathbed and reviewing my life, will I wish that I had made a different decision?

Now, do the right thing!
Old 06-20-2007, 05:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
A work in progress....

well put, dolly!
Old 06-20-2007, 05:30 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

5. Assuming my spouse/partner does not recover fully, what will my life be like in ten years if I stay in this relationship?
This was the question I asked myself that helped me make the choice to leave. I just couldn't take that kind of a chance with my life and my happiness again.
Old 06-20-2007, 05:57 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Thank you Dolly for posting this. As an addict it gives me more perspective at what my bf is looking at.