Monarch Caterpillar time:)

Old 06-20-2007, 04:07 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Talking Monarch Caterpillar time:)

Went to the golf course last night and got 14 monarch caterpillars. They are already starting to attach to branches and make that J shape. Should have Monarch Butterflies in a couple of weeks. I am excited Hugs, Marle
Old 06-20-2007, 04:57 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Take a picture and post. I bet they will be beautiful!
Old 06-20-2007, 06:00 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

I don't think we have those in Florida.........maybe but I do know one thing. While you're getting ready for a beautiful butterfly season, we are already battling mosquito's. I don't suppose you'd want to trade? No? I completely understand. Maybe just send some pretty pictures when they arrive.
Old 06-20-2007, 07:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lovestoomuch View Post
I don't think we have those in Florida.........maybe but I do know one thing. While you're getting ready for a beautiful butterfly season, we are already battling mosquito's. I don't suppose you'd want to trade? No? I completely understand. Maybe just send some pretty pictures when they arrive.
We do atlast in Central Florida. They are beautiful, asnd since I learned they ahve to struggle to get out of the coccoon and that enables them tho fly I find them even more beautiful
Old 06-20-2007, 07:28 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Marle, this makes me smile, thanks. The Eastern Tiger Swallowtails are out here...haven't seen any monarchs yet. Whenever I am out doing something special, a single swallowtail circles around...On a hike, out kayaking, at my daughter's housewarming...I know it is my daughter letting me know all is well.

Loves, If you want to see monarchs and other beautiful butterflies and the most peaceful gardens and grounds, take a ride to Bok Sanctuary in Lake Wales (Polk County). A friend brought me there last year...I could not believe there was such beauty so close to Mickey Mouse and all the touristy areas.