Life Goes On

Old 12-20-2012, 08:03 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

I wonder what happened to all these posters! I wish they would come back once in a while and share their ESH!!
Old 12-20-2012, 08:19 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

((LMN)) - ((Loves)) is a friend of mine, and she's doing really well. I, too, wonder about many people I've met here over the years, keep them in my prayers, and am grateful for the time I got to know them.

Hugs and prayers,

Amy
Old 12-20-2012, 09:05 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Getting there!!

Thank you Amy - please let her know that we are very happy for her!
Old 12-20-2012, 09:58 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  

I just love success stories.......
Old 12-20-2012, 10:58 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Wonderful post. Two thumbs up. Thanks for sharing!
Old 03-19-2013, 10:34 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lovestoomuch View Post
...I loved him and felt I was nothing without him. I thought if I loved him enough he would surely pick me over cocaine any day....You see, I had made him my world.

....While laying in the hospital bed I looked outside and noticed the sun was shining. Wow, that was the first time I actually noticed in over a year!! I had wasted so much time and life had just kept going on. The world was still spinning. The sun came up everyday like it always has. Everyday I'd awake and was still breathing. My heart although broken was still beating.

Life goes on even when we feel like we can't. The greatest treasure of all though is finally finding yourself again. Through all the pain and all the tears lies a strong, capable, life loving person who is worth so much more than you may be thinking right now.

Be patient with yourself. Don't give up or ever doubt your abilities. You WILL get through this even if you have to take what comes at you minute by minute. Have faith in your HP and in yourself. Life goes on and believe it or not.......you will too.
I know this is quite an old thread, but I just came across it today and can say it's as relevant now as it was then. LovesTooMuch, I'm not sure how often you still visit SR, if at all, but THANK YOU for this beautiful post - it was exactly what I needed to read today, even if I had to read it through the tears.

For the last 2 1/2 weeks, I wake up every day and actually HOPE the sun is NOT out - crazy, right?? It's because I've been so miserable and depressed that I actually feel BETTER when it's overcast and gloomy....it's almost like the sunlight HURTS me even more. Why should the world around me be beautiful when I'm so broken and devastated inside??

"Life goes on even when we feel like we can't." That is the line that made me start crying, because it just perfectly sums up where I am right now. So many times throughout the day, I feel like I just can't take it, like I'm not going to be able to get through this...I feel like I'm walking around with a huge, gaping wound in my heart and everybody should be able to see it, but they don't. But as the title of your thread states, life goes on. And every time I have a moment where I feel I can't go on.....I DO. As you said, some days I can only get through minute by minute. Today is one of those days.

But I just wanted to tell you how much your words meant to me, how much hope they've given me that I WILL get through this and will be stronger, happier and healthier for it. And I wanted to bump this post up to help other newbies...I know it definitely helped me today. Thank you, LovesTooMuch and (((HUGS))) to you, wherever you are!!!
Old 03-19-2013, 10:56 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Grateful Member

Exactly what I needed today EverHopeful. Thanks for the bump!
Old 03-19-2013, 11:12 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

Sure thing, julez!! I knew I couldn't have been the only one who needed this today!! ((HUGS))
Old 03-19-2013, 12:02 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

THANK YOU LOVES! I needed that today!
Old 03-19-2013, 12:23 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

No truer words have ever been spoken. Thanks for that, I love crying at work. lol. I still think of him every damn day. They are bittersweet thoughts of a beautiful man with gorgeous blue eyes and an infectious laugh.Someone that let addiction rob him of his soul. Knowing him has made me a better person and where at one time I thought he was my world. I realize he was just a small part in making me who I am today. I guess for that I can be grateful.