My INLAWs are Crazy

Old 06-19-2007, 07:04 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

My INLAWs are Crazy

So,my Ah is working an outpatient program instead of going to rehab which I tried to convince him to do last week. My sis in law was trying to tell me last week that he wants to go to this certain rehab bcs it specializes in Cok instead of the one he was at before for 9 days bcs he didn't like it... I told her at this point its not about what he wants its about him getting clean and getting in asap. Before that I had to tlaked to my mil and told her he needs to get into rehab or I need to get a RO and get him out and she told me I married him for better or worse and I'm giving up and that I pressured him into marriage ( mind you we were together for 8 years before we got married) Besides all that he opted to do this outpatient prog instead anyways.

So, I just heard a voice mail his sis left for him after me and her had that conversation last week and she told him that our marriage is a joke and he should just get a divorce and start over that I want to run the show and be leader of the pack and I'm a Prima Donna. I can't believe them. Anyways they havn't even called since last week to even find out if he's in rehab or what. I am going to lose my MIND!!!
Old 06-19-2007, 10:07 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
getting stronger each day

((((HUGS))))) i'm afraid that i don't have any real deep advice to give you. all i can say is to follow your gut. deep down you know what's best for you, and deep down you know what you need to do. don't let anybody pressure you into anything, and it might be a good idea to see if his treatment program has any counseling options for family members. you may find some more concrete help there. i'll keep you in my prayers.
Old 06-20-2007, 01:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Don't talk to those people if they are buggin like that. At least try to keep it at a minimum...tell them you have been too busy to answer the phone!
Old 06-20-2007, 04:24 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

sounds to me as if they do not have any recovery in there life.i do not talk to anyone that is not in recovery.take care of you.turn him over to your H.P. & let him work or not work his recovery.that is his....how he does it is up to him.saying a prayer for you,your husband & his family.hugs,
Old 06-20-2007, 11:00 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Thanks, I WILL take your advice!!
Old 06-20-2007, 11:05 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
let it grow!

i agree - stay away as much as possible - sounds like nothing but added stress to me.

blessings, k