Update on my son

Old 06-17-2007, 07:24 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
tug

Update on my son

Well....we dropped the charges and because we dropped them could not get court appointed rehab. They came home on monday, Tuesday he goes and gets gas and drives off without paying!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Of course the cops come.........my mother in law goes and pays it but he still may get in trouble....I'm on vacaction so they are staying with her so on Thursday she finds money missing and flips out and calls me, kicks them out of her palce and treatens to call cops........I'm on vacation.....so we talked and think the girlfriend took it after discussing the scene .......she doesn't call cops. I'm on vacation........then I find out hey took their TV and sold it.WHY? I'm on vacation.......girlfriend got a letter from where she worked that she took money and is gonna get charged if doesn't return it....she worked for a lawyer none the less....rumor has it she may get arrested Tuesday or Wednesday.......sorry to say I will be thrilled if she does. I know my son is responsible for his own actions but she is so street smart and such a bad influence on hi, Oh by the way I went and filed papers for custody of my granddaughter, they don't know that yet. So...........I'm home from vacation now.......would have been a good one if not for all the sh** and phone calls from home. SO........in hindsight maybe we shouldn't have dropped the charges but we were thinking of our granddaughter... so now I'm thinking of her. If they screw up a nd get in trouble, they stay in jail no matter what.Sorry to ramble on....thats the update, tug
Old 06-17-2007, 07:33 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Awww, Tug, I was hoping you could get some rest and peace on your vacation.

It just gets old, doesn't it? Same old, same old and nothing we do can change it.

I hope you get custody of the child, and pray that God and your son can sort out the rest.

Hugs
Old 06-17-2007, 08:21 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

Awww, Tug. I am so sorry.
What a mess he's gotten himself into.
I've been there, honey. Not in a while, but I been there before.
I know you think that dropping the charges was a bad idea now. Hindsight, right?
I learned alot about hindsight. lol I'm still learnin'.
I hope and pray they give you custody of your granddaughter.
I just thank God that Jay never had a baby with anyone.
It just makes things that much harder.
My sister has custody of her 5 yo grandson. She's had him since he was 2.
His dad just got out of jail, not too long ago. Has he attempted to call or see Gage?
He!! no. If I were my sister, I wouldn't let him near him anyway. That's just my opinion. I don't know. If I were in that situation, I don't know how I would react.
OMG! React. That's a bad word with us codies. lol We're suppose to be learning how not to react.
I forget. I'm old ya know.
Did you read my thread about the pesticide-filled pot that Jason smoked?
Idiot! I'm not even gonna listen to his crap anymore. As soon as he starts talking "stupid", I'm hangin' up or leavin', if I'm there.
I just want you to know that I know what your going through, and I know it hurts you and your family very much.
Try to work on detaching, sweetie. I know it's hard. I work it everyday.
You have to harden your heart for now. Sending prayers that he gets his wake up call soon. Rock bottom...it can't come soon enough, can it?
If you want to talk, pm me and I'll give ya my phone number. I care about you, Cheryl. I truly do.
All said with love and understanding,
Linda
Old 06-18-2007, 03:53 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

sorry tug for the total ruin of your good time.i do not even answer my cell when i am away from home at all.it is my time.maybe it is time for your son to hit his bottom.prayers for all of you.hugs,hope
Old 06-18-2007, 04:22 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Hope the paper work goes through fast on getting your granddaughter at least that will give you so piece of mind.
I will never understand the thinking of addicts, you'd think if they had to steal they do it from someone other than the people that are helping them...Not saying that would be right.. But stealing from your family an friends is like biting the hand that feeds you...But then again I guess they don't think that far ahead.
Old 06-18-2007, 05:37 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

My heart goes out to ya. They make life so hard on those of us that love them. Sorry this happened. Hopefully your son will find his way in rehab.
prayers,
susan
Old 06-18-2007, 05:41 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Sorry about your ruined vacation. No advice, just sending prayers and hugs.
Old 06-18-2007, 06:00 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
let it grow!

hey tug, that's what addicts do. i'm sorry you are being affected by all the chaos. blessings, k
Old 06-18-2007, 06:39 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
On a tear

(((Tug))) Lessons learned... all the way around.

We bailed our daughter out not long ago following a domestic violence dispute - for the exact same reason - thinking of the little guy. But then she turned right around and bailed out the husband who is initiating the violence!

We also learned a lesson... no more bail.

Good for you for filing papers for the grandbaby. Sorry your vacation was jumbled.

(((hugs)))
Old 06-18-2007, 08:27 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Geez Tug, some vacation.
I'll keep you in my prayers that things begin to brighten for all
(((Hugs)))
Cece
Old 06-18-2007, 01:00 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
tug

Thanks everyone....live and learn I guess....when DO we learn???? Tug
Old 06-18-2007, 03:19 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

I have an AS who is 28. He's serving jail time now for not being able to pass a drug test while on probation. His tough luck. I don't help any more.
I do have my granddaughter and her mother living with me from yet another son who is in prison. All my kids are in jail. It's unreal.
Fortunately, my DIL is a sweet good person.
I hate drug addiction and alcoholism. It causes nothing but grief.
Old 06-18-2007, 07:53 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Administrator

Gee Tug, I wish you could have another vacation to recover from your vacation! I'll be saying prayers for your family and that you soon get custody of the precious grandchild. What a loving grandparent you are...She is blessed to have you