SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   happiness and weekend plans (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/126057-happiness-weekend-plans.html)

cinderellawkids 06-14-2007 08:17 AM

happiness and weekend plans

Im trying to focus on good things and not the crap that brought us all here.
As a part of that I trying to figure out my weekend plans.

I hope to get a daypass for me and the boys at a resort on Saturday, Ill find out in another hour or two if there are any openings left. (Fingers crossed) and Sunday my grandparents are supposed to take me and the kids to the local museum for a behind the scenes tour

What is everone else doing, planning, thinking about for their positive focus

Elana 06-14-2007 08:42 AM

Real busy. REAL busy....
I need to get the bushes trimmed and the lawn cut. I was going to start the lawn tonight but I need to deliver my Parents 60th wedding anniversary gift that we all chipped in on.

[OT: Their 60th is tomorrow. I always thought when I got married it was forever, like my Mom and Dad. got divorced in 2000, the first one in our family ever. Then I met XABF and that was supposed to be forever too. These men taught me nothing is forever and the Knights have all ridden over the hill with some other princess, but he!! I never was much on the princess thing and I was the one training the horses anyhow.]

I have a basement wall that is coated (cement block coated with sand mix) and I intend to get that parged and cleaned with Muriatic acid in preparation for applying the sand mix next week.. hopefully I can paint it next weekend if the weather holds!

...and I would like to go to Catskill and take photos of all the fiberglass cats various artists have decorated that are installed along the street.

Of course, Sunday is Father's Day.. and Dad is slipping some. Maybe I can give him a gift of detailing his truck (I will do the work, of course)? I have to figure that out....

Need to continue the dog training and start teaching Oliver, the new kitten, how to deal with a leash and riding in the truck.

Jwife22 06-14-2007 08:42 AM

Hmmm...this weekend....planning on finishing my bathroom---Very positive for me. I hope to relax on Sunday...stick something in the crockpot and cook away!

MsPINKAcres 06-14-2007 08:44 AM

Busy weekend planned for us -

Sat - f2f meeting (Al-Anon), Dance Recital for Godchild, then wedding reception
Sun - Celebrate Father's Day & all our June birthdays (2 daughters, myself, and 2 grandchildren) - grilled steak, baked potato, salad, Chicken Spaghetti Casserole, steamed broccoli, corn on the cob and yeast rolls - for desert - homemade lemon pies, banana pudding and brownies!!
Anybody hungry??? I love cooking those huge Sunday Dinners.

Peace,
Rita

kj0975 06-14-2007 08:47 AM

I'm going to Ritas

cinderellawkids 06-14-2007 08:49 AM

HMMM can I fit in going to Lousianna for some good cooking? I need a meal like that

MsPINKAcres 06-14-2007 09:14 AM

Come on down - we always have PLENTY!!!!!!!

Cooking for 5 daughters, 5 grandkids, plus boyfriends, husbands, Significant others, whatever the girls happen to call them that day, plus their other friends - we always cook tons of Good Homestyle food -

Must warn you, with that many girls, there is usually either a drama or an inappropriate conversation at least once or twice - (Geez my girls can talk dirtier than any trucker or sailor!!) Makes a Mom proud!

But everybody hugs & promises to see each other next week.

I love my family,
Rita

GwenMarie30 06-14-2007 10:53 AM

Oh wow! Are ya'll ready for the weekend or what. Its only Wednesday. Well Im with you all. Im waiting and planning too. My daughter cooked me eggs and ham and toast this morning in bed. But this weekend maybe a float trip.

MsPINKAcres 06-14-2007 10:59 AM

Hey Gwen
Was it Green Eggs & ham, Sam I am?

My granddaughter, Lexi LOVES that book - We have read it to her many, many times.

Astro 06-14-2007 11:42 AM

Oh yum will someone have me and my kids over for dinner?! ;-)

For the last three years I've spent Father's Day on vacation with my kids. We're leaving Saturday for 9 days in Ohio. Saturday night we'll be in Lodi, and for the rest of the trip we'll be at Dillon State Park. They've been away for two weeks with my ex, it'll be so nice to spend some quality time with them again. The three of us share lots of love and laughs together. I can't wait!

kj0975 06-14-2007 12:08 PM

Is today thursday? Please dont confuse me anymore than I already am.
The carnival is in town this weekend so something tells me thats where I will be. Tonight having people over for a cookout then going to watch the parade here in town and my nieces and their friends are coming over. I'm sure it will be just a bz night.

GwenMarie30 06-14-2007 12:13 PM

Originally Posted by Japic05 (Post 1371186)
Hey Gwen
Was it Green Eggs & ham, Sam I am?

My granddaughter, Lexi LOVES that book - We have read it to her many, many times.

Actually no. She can cook pretty well. But if the were green, Id eat them just to show appreciation. LOL. Always keep a napkin when you eat somethng your kids cook. She learns from me! But as far as the book goes, my son has it memorized and can say it verbatum from memeory. We open the frig and he sees the eggs, and off he goes with Green Eggs and Ham. We love Dr. Suess. Another really good one is "Oh The Places You'll Go". Wonderful story too.

Other great reads for kids that like Dr. Suess are Shel Silverstiens' "Where the Sidewalk Ends".

GwenMarie30 06-14-2007 12:16 PM

Originally Posted by kj0975 (Post 1371263)
Is today thursday? Please dont confuse me anymore than I already am.

It seems Im the one confused KJ! LOL. Sorry. Can I at least tell myself its still Wednesday anyway?

cinderellawkids 06-14-2007 12:34 PM

Today is Thursday. Have to plan the weekend a head to keep focused. Yeah I called and we got on the pool reservations list