Recovering son told boss this.......and now?

Old 06-14-2007, 02:51 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Dixie, Your brother sounds like a sweet guy and a little bit of a codie. I think you are probably right on that one. He has a floor and he has a blanket. And he is living life on life's terms. I know with my daughter I gave her a lot of things that she never asked for and each time it gave her the idea that she could keep asking. I taught her how to manipulate me and then I got p*ssed off when she did. Tell your brother to leave it as it is. When your son gets tired of sleeping on the floor, he can go to Goodwill and pick himself up a mattress. Hugs, Marle
Old 06-14-2007, 03:04 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

marle,
thank you for reassuring me that I am on the right track. I guess my brother just hates to see my son living like that when it appears to him he is trying very hard. I guess you just need to step back, right? Thanks for your kindness.......dixie
Old 06-14-2007, 05:48 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

I think he is doing the best he can he is making a true effort and biking to work is more than an effort than most people I know who arent addicts so he should get kuddos for that.-KJ0975

I agree with KJ. This sounds exactly like my son. He would have made up some excuse/reason why he was riding a bike.
I even offered him hubby's bike when he got a job that was 2 miles down the road from my apartment last year. He was like, are you kidding? I'm not letting people see me riding a bike.
Brat!
Sometimes I rode him there, and other times he got a ride from coworkers. He would rather have walked than ridden a bicycle.
I can see why he would lie. That doesn't mean he's not working the steps or trying to work recovery. People lie, addicted or not.
Once he's been in recovery a while his outlook will change, I'm sure.
My son has never worked a program and his way of thinking is alot different than last year. I think it has alot to do with not living with me anymore. He's matured and shown a different outlook than before. I held him back with my codie traits, I think. lol
Sending prayers up for you and your family,