Again, but final.

Old 06-14-2007, 05:50 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

((Nina))
My heart is breaking for you. Sending you and your son prayers. Hopefully this will be what he needs to get help.
Sending you hugs
Old 06-14-2007, 05:51 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

(((ninakay))) I'm sorry.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:05 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  
let it grow!

prayers and strength to you, ninakay. and your son. blessings, k
Old 06-14-2007, 06:17 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Oh Nina, I am so very sorry.
I had cops show up at my door shortly after I joined this site. I think it was a breaking point for me. Its what kept me coming back for strength.
At first they played a Starsky and Hutch routine, but then saw how I was shaking like a leaf, and tears were beginning to spill.
They backed off, and while we were waiting, one told me that often it comes to this before it gets better.
He was correct.
Nina, you and your son are in my prayers today, even more than before.
We're if you need someone to lean on...
((((hugs))))
Cece
Old 06-14-2007, 08:05 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Oh, dear Nina...
I am so sorry to hear about all of this.
The only thing I do know for sure is that your HP has a plan and this situation is part of it. Keep the faith Nina...You're in my thoughts and prayers...and so is your son.
Hugs, prayers, and strength to both of you...
Old 06-14-2007, 09:02 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Starry Girl

((Nina)) I'm sorry you are hurting. I hope this takes your son one step closer to recovery and happiness.

HUGS.
Old 06-14-2007, 09:55 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

Nina, I am so sorry you had to witness that... that happened to me once but it was my abf. The cops were decent about it but they woke him up.... even if it happens decently it still rakes your nerves. I dont know how you feel though as it wasnt a boyfriend but your son. I am sorry and thinking of you.

you dont need to tell anyone anything.

Jewel
Old 06-14-2007, 10:01 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  

you and your son will be in my thoughts...........
Old 06-14-2007, 10:34 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
remember to breathe

((((((((((((((nina))))))))))))))))))))

try to slow down now and think positive, he'll be out before ya know it and perhaps will have learned something from his experience.
my thoughts and prayers will be with you
Old 06-14-2007, 12:36 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  
Administrator

Nina, My heart hurts for you. I understand how sad you feel and I am glad you came here to share it. I find it helps me to share with others who understand.

I'm praying for your son...I know HP has him Nina, and I hope your hurt will ease soon and you can find peace. Hugs and prayers.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:37 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Still Standing

I really want to thank each of you for your comforting and supportive response. Thanks so much for all of the hugs and the prayers and the understanding.

Here's the truth about how I feel right now. I WANT my grown son to be in jail right now. I'm just horrified for him to actually go to the Big House (Prison). My son has been in jail several times now and I am so relieved each time, because I know where he is and that he's not harming himself or anyone else, further. I never ever would have thought that my son, as sweet & as special as he is when he's not under the influence of some drug or alcohol, could or would have done any or all of the things that he has done to himself, his body and mind or to all of our family or to the community and against the law, but he has. And since he has and I know that he will continue to get worse in ways I still can't imagine because I've watched his disease progress over 12 yrs., I'm relieved that he is in jail and will have this time to get clean & sober and regain as much of his health as possible during this time away from drugs & alcohol.

I know for a fact that God has outright saved his life so so many times, and I'm sure more times than I even know about. But I'm still afraid of him going to prison and possibly being raped, as he is very good-looking and of small stature. He has been propositioned many times during his life by other men, so I'm afraid for him while he is locked down with other criminals. That's always been my worst fear and now he's gotten himself in trouble with the law by having a girlfriend that is a minor, so that her dad pressed charges and he will get this added to his other charges. Going to Prison with those kind of charges has always been known to cause someone to be dealt with by other prisoners in the way that I most fear. I will remind myself often to trust God to continue to protect him from harm and death until he comes to the realization that he needs to work his recovery program with all that is in him and to be determined to do whatever he has to in order to forever remain clean & sober. His life literally depends upon that realization and acceptance. If it weren't for God, I would literally loose my mind. God has also so mercifully directed me to you all, so that I can have that commaraderie that I so desperately need to get through this. I am so grateful for each one of you and at the same time, I am so sorry that each of you are having to go through such a nightmare with your loved ones too. But since we are having to go through all of this trauma, I am so glad that we have each other to go through it with. I am so thankful for SR being a place where we can all come together to support and understand one another. Each of you and SR as a whole is so so so important to my survival and my recovery. I love you all.
Old 06-14-2007, 12:45 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  
Still Standing

Thank you so much Greet. You really have no idea what an inspiration that you are to me. You also play a big part in my staying sane. I don't know how to explain it, so I'll leave it at that. I just know that I want to be just like you. You are awesome.
(((((((((((((Loving Hugs)))))))))))))))))))
Old 06-14-2007, 04:35 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

(((Nina)))

I am so sorry, my dear friend. I know how you've feared this moment for so long now. My prayers will be for your beloved son's protection while incarcerated and also for God to send an angel, whether it be a fellow inmate or guard or social worker, someone that will help lead him out of this life. The good news is that he will be away from these lousy drugs that steal away our loved ones lives. He will have time to think and to heal and to be straight. He will realize just how much he loves you, his mother, without having the drugs to cloud his thoughts and deaden his emotions. And I will also pray for you Nina, that you rise from this the strong person you are. You said it yourself, just give it to God, say your prayers for him and little by little you can reclaim your life. Enjoy your daughter and your husband. Your son will be okay. I send you much love.
Old 06-14-2007, 06:45 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  

Nina- I too know how you feel. I finally called the police and they came to our house and got our son. I was at work but his dad was there and let them in. He had to help him get dressed while handcuffed. Husband said he doesnt want to do that again. But the stress was just too much. He was jail for 8 months. Hes out but still struggling. Both of you are in my prayers.
Old 06-15-2007, 05:58 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

((nina kay)) ((son))

Prayers that you are both right where you need to be, and that you'll find the strength and guidance to do what you need to do.

Hugs from mom to mom
Cats
Old 06-15-2007, 07:23 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

(((nina kay)))

I'm so sorry for your pain In times like this, all we can do is pray ... hold tight to your faith and believe that HP will watch over your son.

love & prayers ~

deedee
Old 06-19-2007, 08:12 PM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Still Standing

It's me again, needing more support and this time I'm desperately asking for all of your prayers for my son and our family. He is to be arraigned tomorrow morning on these very serious charges because of having a girlfriend that's a minor. This could completely ruin the rest of his life in so many ways. I just want what is best for him. My husband and I will be there and the girl and her mother will be there with us in support of him. Her estranged alcoholic/addict father is the one that turned him in and pressed charges. I would be so grateful for any of you that would pray for us. Thank you to each of you for being here for me.
(((((((((((((((Loving Hugs)))))))))))))))))
Old 06-20-2007, 03:58 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Nina, Sending prayers your way. Maybe this will be his wake-up call. Hugs, Marle
Old 06-20-2007, 04:37 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  

Nina,
here's a HUG for you. I know that must've been so hard, but they would've gotten him in the end anyway. I know you are so sad, but he made his own choices; it's nothing you did. Just hang on and breathe. Take care of yourself.
Old 06-20-2007, 06:12 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

(((((nina kay)))))
Just know that we are all here for you, thinking about you and praying for you and your son...