I LET MY bf go.

Old 06-13-2007, 06:35 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I LET MY bf go.

hello everyone!!!

LAST NIGHT I LET MY BF WHO IS SMOKING WEED WITH OUT REGRET GO..

I AM NOW IN MY OWN RECOVERY. RECOVERING FROM AN ADDICTIVE RELATIONSHIP WITH AN ADDICT

BUT I AM STRONG THIS TIME!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I LOVE YOU ALL AND WILL CONTIUE TO VISIT TO OFFER AND RECEIVE SUPPORT
Old 06-13-2007, 07:04 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Sista, you already took a big step by reaching out.

Just know that we are here and walking beside you and holding your hand in the scary parts.

Hugs
Old 06-13-2007, 07:13 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

this is the beginning of a new life.it will be good.stay with us & work your recovery.it works if you work it.prayers for you & your b.f. hugs,hope
Old 06-13-2007, 07:23 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Good for you sista for doing what's best for you.
Old 06-13-2007, 07:27 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  

We only get one life to live -- we have to live it in the way that's going to bring us greatest happiness. Good for you for doing what you feel is going to make your life better, even though it was probably very hard. We're all proud of you.

Hugs,
GL
Old 06-13-2007, 07:53 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Keep moving forward!
susan
Old 06-13-2007, 01:12 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Administrator

I'm glad you are taking the steps you need to help yourself. Hugs!
Old 06-16-2007, 09:16 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

tonite i miss him so much. i know i cant be with him now.. i just hate this healing part the part where i miss him so much i pray it passes quickly i have broken all ties with him and havent talked to him since tues.... today is sat. so i am on my way.. who knew addicts could be so addicting
Old 06-16-2007, 09:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Don't worry it gets better

Originally Posted by classysista View Post
tonite i miss him so much. i know i cant be with him now.. i just hate this healing part the part where i miss him so much i pray it passes quickly i have broken all ties with him and havent talked to him since tues.... today is sat. so i am on my way.. who knew addicts could be so addicting

It just takes time to get over the missing him part. It does get better with time.

I'm sitting here on a Sat. night doing my homework cause I put it off so long...and I can't leave it all for tomorrow.

But you know what? It's a whole lot better than arguing with him because he was out smoking crack again, or sitting here being stood up...because he's off smoking crack...AGAIN.....

That is probably how it would be right now if he was here. And if it was a non-crack-smoking night, he would be sitting here smoking weed and watching stupid sh*t on TV.

I missed mine a little here and there, but I like life better now.
Old 06-16-2007, 09:55 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

i agree with you to tally sumtimes when we miss we get caught up on the fantasy it never was.. instead of the relatiy that it is i miss him sure but i know exactly

where he is
he is with his buddy highed up on his couch in his basement apartment he never kept clean...

the Good times didnt last long enough t o just be with him as his... i think what i t is is im just lonley i went to the movies tonite with a girl friend of mine and i saw all these couples together and i longed for that. but i have to be REAL

BEING WITH HIM like that is not the real thing its like the genaric brand why settle for that because its in your face... the real thing will come when i am healed and dont NEED it ....

i wont back down again .. i took him back at least 3 times... thinking God is goin to change him i belive God can but MY EX has to want it..

so for now he is soaking in his weed. and beer and i will contiue to be on my way to recovery...
Old 06-16-2007, 09:55 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

Praying for you that you will have an overwhelming sense of peace about this. Just hold on....
Old 06-16-2007, 10:14 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by classysista View Post
i agree with you to tally sumtimes when we miss we get caught up on the fantasy it never was.. instead of the relatiy that it is i miss him sure but i know exactly

BEING WITH HIM like that is not the real thing its like the genaric brand why settle for that because its in your face... the real thing will come when i am healed and dont NEED it ....

You got that right...that's the way I feel too. the real thing will come along when I'm right with myself and I don't 'need' it.

The more time has gone by since I had contact with him, the more I am able to see things as they really were, not through some rose-colored glasses....

'better a painful ending than pain without end'.
Old 06-16-2007, 10:22 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Amen Sister.. Thank You... I Love This Site.. Its Nice To Be Able To Talk With Others Who Lived Or Are Living It... This Was God Sent.. Thanks For Your Story I Will Keep You In Prayers

LIKE THE KAREN white song "id rahter be alone then be here un happy WITH YOU" and im alone but im happy im not on the phone arguing with him till four am about if he is high or not .. HOW STUPID AND TIME CONSUMING IS THAT...

TSK TSK..
Old 06-17-2007, 02:51 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

Life is short. At my age the rest of it is even shorter!
No more time wasted on losers who are smoking weed all day and only want to work a job here and there.. do barely enough to get by.. and suck the life outta me financially..

... and then CHEAT on me... and threaten to leave me?

What a friggin' waste of MY life and MY time.

I know about the longing and, of course, there were good times or we all would not be here hurting and looking for comfort.

However, the relationship you always thought would happen doesn't happen cuz drugs is their first love.
No point in pining life away over someone who is an active d**n drug addict and all the rest of "doing what addicts do."

If leaving is what it takes to have your own life back, then leaving is the answer. Whining and hitting the "rerun" button and whining some more is simply counter productive and no one recovers.. Addict or codie.