Blogs

Notices

Joy

Old 06-12-2007, 11:12 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Joy

You are reading from the book Each Day a New Beginning

If people only knew the healing power of laughter and joy, many of our fine doctors would be out of business. Joy is one of nature's greatest medicines. Joy is always healthy. A pleasant state of mind tends to bring abnormal conditions back to normal.
--Catherine Ponder

Feeling joyful may not come naturally to us most of the time. We may, in fact, have to "act as if" with great effort. We may not even recognize genuine joy in the beginning. A technique for finding it is living fully in the present and with gratitude for all we can see, touch, and feel.

The open and honest expression of gratitude for the presence of the ones closest to us now creates a rush within our breasts, a rush that will be shared by our friends, too. Joy is contagious. Joy is freeing. Joy brings into focus our distorted perceptions. Greeting life with joy alters every experience for us and for those we share it with.

I will bring joy wherever I go today. I will give the gift of joy to everyone I meet.
Old 06-12-2007, 11:22 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

there is a difference between being happy & feeling real joy.i have known joy a few times in my life & when it spreads over me there is a different feeling.if you have joy you know it.thanks for the post.not many people in this world have the joy that we would like to have.