SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   Son Showing Improvement (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/125861-son-showing-improvement.html)

washbe2 06-11-2007 08:50 PM

Son Showing Improvement

Though my AS is still in hospital - now day 46 - he is showing much improvement since the motorcycle accident. There have been many ups and downs, and the staph infection continues to be a problem, but is getting better. We're particularly concerned about his right leg. He will possibily be moved to a rehab facility by the end of the week. (yeah, there are acctually rehabs for things other than addiction :)

If this young man doesn't "come to his senses" about his life through all of this, I hate to think about the next situation.

I've actually begun to look at this as a positive situation. I know where he is. He has food, shelter, clothing (well, the front part anyway with those hospital gowns). I know where he is. Friends from church have visited him, and his dad returning to his life could be a positive thing for my son if it helps him heal emotionally.

The pain medication is a big concern, but we'll just have to deal with that situaion when the time comes. There may also be a long battle with insurance companies and for the other party to accept responsibility for being at fault.

With all the concerns, I still feel good just knowing son is being taken care of for now. Only a mom of an addict could understand that.

Thank you all who have prayed for him.
Washbe

CatsPajamas 06-11-2007 09:05 PM

Washbe,
Thanks for the update. You and your son have been on my mind.

With all the concerns, I still feel good just knowing son is being taken care of for now. Only a mom of an addict could understand that.
I totally get that.

Cats

BigSis 06-11-2007 09:58 PM

Yep. Everything you said..... (((hugs))).

(((Washbe2)))

Ann 06-12-2007 04:26 AM

You and your son are in my prayers, Washbe, and I have a feeling that this is one of God's strangely wrapped blessings.

Please let him know that codies from all over the planet are holding him in our thoughts and prayers....that alone might scare him straight :D

Hugs and Love :hug:

parentrecovers 06-12-2007 05:05 AM

still praying over here. blessings, k

Lobo 06-12-2007 08:37 AM

Washbe, I don't know you very well, but I do remember reading your post about your son's accident. I'm glad to hear that is is coming along pretty well. This seems to be one of those things that you say happens for all of the right reason. I'm sorry that you son had to suffer so...........but it looks like there may be a light at the end of this tunnel.

God bless..............Lo

marle 06-12-2007 09:33 AM

Continuing my prayers for you and your son, Washbe. And thank you for the updates. Hugs, Marle

caileesnana 06-12-2007 09:36 AM

glad he is doing better.
still in my prayers,
susan

Elana 06-12-2007 09:44 AM

I am not a Mom, but your words touched me.
Praying for your son and for you and your family.

greeteachday 06-12-2007 09:46 AM

Washbe....My prayers continue. I think you have done everything you can. God is in control of the whole situation...just sit back and love your child and HP will take the wheel. Hugs

hope213 06-12-2007 10:41 AM

thanks for the update.my prayers for still for him & you too.one day at a time washbe,that is all we can ask for.there is alot of prayers going up daily for him & u both.hugs,hope

deedee 06-12-2007 11:23 AM

(((washbe)))

I was just thinking of you last night and here you are. I'm glad you're son is doing better and it sounds like you are at peace with the situation.

Still holding you both close in my thoughts and prayers :hug:

Wascally Wabbit 06-12-2007 01:17 PM

I am so glad he is on his way to recovery in more ways than one. I am sure you are feeling relieved too!
I wish you and him the best, and keep us posted.

bookmiser 06-12-2007 09:23 PM

((((((((Washbe))))))))

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...ayersRoses.gif

With love,
Linda