black or white

Old 06-11-2007, 04:51 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

black or white

i have a questions..
im always feeling good or bad never in between,,
does anyone have it too,,? does any one feels like this?

i dont know if its living with an adict or me,, my personality,,
my mood changes so fats,, oneminute im so happy the next minute im somad.. frustrated.. anyone any advice?
Old 06-11-2007, 04:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
grateful rca

sorry hope, yes i feel that way too sometimes, i find myself going from one extreme to the next, and i think its has a lot to do with me living in and around active addiction for so long, if its more than that then i'm not really aware since its been so long since i feel like i lived a somewhat normal life. sorry i can't be more help here, but i'm glad to be able to talk to you now, i've missed you. still praying for you though
Old 06-11-2007, 05:40 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ive been through every extreme twice today and rapidly. For me I know its me, the way I think of negative things as well as my emotional and chemical make up. Think hard have you been that way before?
I had an ex who used to say I couldnt handle stress unless it was something really big, the little things through me off the handle, the big crises I dealt with well. 14 years ago I thought it was funny. now I realize its a trait Ive always had maybe from how I grew up, I dont know but its something I wanna fix.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:01 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  

thank you teke and cinderella!
teke imissed u too!
i thought hard lol,, i guess i always was an extreme person,, when i grewup i was in many sittiuatins that made me likethis ithink,, like growing with paents that fight alll day long,, and put us in theirfights m,, maybe it affected me.. as i used to be happyandthan as soon astheyfigh jump rightit to make thme seperate fighting,,..
but i also think that livingw ith an addict makes it much much worse,,
his moods changes so fast,, and it affects mymood alot..
cinderalla hats so funny,, im also like this,,small things freakmea out bigthings make me ok....
wierd eh?,,, maybe becouse when people grow up in hectic life,, if nothing happnes its like when is it goin g to come?,,, i dont know lol..like getting usedto bigthings and than when theydont happen freak at small things>..
i wantto change it too,, i wantto behappeir insideme..

and becouse ijumpfrom one extereme tothe other,,, its like i cant say im depressed becouse soon i feel the hppeist person ever.. does that make sense lol
anyways im happt totalk to you lol
Old 06-12-2007, 07:06 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
let it grow!

sign me up for mood swing group!
Old 06-12-2007, 07:18 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  

moodswingsRus.

mine are constant. I can remmeber as a child running to a friends house thinking I ahveto think of some crisis, somthing to tell them, yet I have no idea why, guess I made choices in my life where I was stuck in crisis, now its not directly there and Im aiting for the bomb to drop
Old 06-12-2007, 07:28 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

somoone once told me..
that we choose who our parents will b,, what our life will be like before we born
dont know if its true.. but iknow im trying to make the serenety prayer
GOD Grant me the serenety to acceptthe thing i cannot change
courage to change what i can and wisdom to know the difference..
its strong prayer.... ilerned it at alanon meeting

hugs to everyone!!
Old 06-12-2007, 07:31 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

I was reading a book by Pia Mellody (I think this is how she spells it) on Codependency and there was a partof it that really resonated with me that spoke on this subject. Black and white thinking- either extremes. It said how codependents seem to operate this way- either they are completely obsessed or detached and indifferent, completely happy or completely sad.
I am trying SO hard to experience the grey area of things. When someone makes a comment that I am likely to take personally and allow it to make me feel like crap about myself- I can choose another way to deal with it and try to acheive some grey. I wish I had a step-by-step procedure.
Old 06-12-2007, 07:40 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  

hk angel!
im trying to se the grey too..
or atleast some midlle..
i heard about this book ,, illask my freind whtas the name of its he told me to read this book,,, and get some strength from it..
ithink wehn we so senstive adn we have lack of selfesteem ofthe real one,,notthe one i put infront of people..
im good at showing stargnegrs or freinds how happy i m,, notgood at showing the sad face.. lol