I'm taking a deep breath!

Old 06-10-2007, 09:09 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
President

I'm taking a deep breath!

Hey all! Long time no.... see??? I guess! I've been working my butt off! And, just been outright exhausted, working 14 hours a day, 6 days a week with no breaks. It sucks, but the money makes it worth it!

So, I'm here because I'm frustrated and I need someone or a whole bunch of someones to help me get grounded!!!!!

It's funny how when you don't have the time to deal with things, they just seem to all pile on.... one on top of another.

So, here it goes......

Xabf still hasn't paid his child support. I have the option of submitting a violation. Which means, I need to get all my paperwork in order. And, I'm wondering if I can afford the time to devote to that at this moment! Is it worth it? I'm really not sure!

I had a conversation with xabf today. Seems he's on his way back to rehab. Not quite sure what's going on, and the "recovered" codependent in me tuned out for the conversation. But, the "unrecovered" codependent in me woke up about an hour later and is now fretting, as I can't remember what he said. So, now I need to call him and try to understand what is going on, and how it affects our son and the court order! Looks like I'm going to court either way!!!!

Oh, and he apparently moved. Which is also a violation of the court order. Apparently rules.... and court orders... don't apply to him! I think he moved in with his also recovering (or not) addict girlfriend. Ugh!

Let's see..... the bank double paid ALL of my bills this month. They're taking no responsibility for that! Soooooo..... I'm angry! And need to scrimp this month, as I only get paid once a month.... seems they don't care about that either. That sucks!!!!

I'm trying to get into graduate school. Which means paperwork on top of paperwork. And, have encountered more problems. Seems as though I cannot get my transcripts from a college I went to for one stinking semester!!!!! Argh!!!! Really? Is this frustration necessary???? Sooooo...... backed up on that goal! That sucks!!!!!

Tomorrow's J's graduation from nursery school. Xabf obviously will not be there, as he'll be in rehab apparently! But, I had to rearrange my whole schedule to go, and had a bunch of pi$$ed off parents objecting... imagine that. They actually objected to me going to my own child's graduation because I would miss a session with their child. And apparently all the EXTRA work I do for them is just all thrown out the window, because I'm being selfish by wanting to see my child graduate from nursery school! They suck! So, I have to go to work, leave work to meet him at his school, and then go back to work! They really suck!

My mother had pnuemonia and had an x-ray. They found a mass in her lungs. So, now she needs to get an MRI. But, she's in denial and is refusing to go. Her sister died almost 2 years ago. Her deterioration all began with them finding a mass in her lungs. So, she's already anticipating the worst. I'm trying to convince her to go, but that's not working too well at this point.

Hmmmm.... my landlord has raised our rent!
My car broke down.... again!
My best friend lost her job!
My brother's moving away!
Julio the cat ate Nemo the goldfish!
I'm trying to pay off last year's taxes and this year's taxes!
I have a ton of work I was supposed to do this weekend... I didn't do any of it!

When it rains.... it pours!!!!
I've missed you all!
Old 06-10-2007, 09:19 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

I'm pming you.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:44 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Ok.........the bank will get your money back. Maybe not as soon as they put it out there, but it will be back in your account thank goodness.

You have no control over your best friend losing her job. I'm sure she will find another one.

You have no control over your brother moving. It will make for a nice vacation for you and Jay if you can ever get away. Sounds like you don't have much time to visit anyone right now.

Your car can be fixed........hopefully it's nothing major.

Julio needs a time out.........but he's just doing what most normal bottle cap stealing kitties do.

The IRS is the devil and will suck the last dime out of anyone if they get the chance, but you won't owe them forever and that's good.

That ton of work will be there waiting for you. You obviously needed a break this weekend by the sound of it. you'll get it done. You always do.

I think your clients are being way too selfish and I would have asked "What if it were your child?" Demanding people need to be dealt with accordingly.

I'm keeping your mother in my prayers. I pray she does the right thing for herself. I know how heartbreaking it must be.

I'm keeping you in my prayers honey. You have a lot going on for one person. I wish I lived closer. Don't know what I could do, but I'd come up with something.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:59 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
President

The bank said they can't/won't help me. They're refusing to take responsibility because that would mean that they would have to reimburse me the money out of their pockets. They told me that I can call all of the companies and ask for my money back. I called them. They all want the bank to fax something as proof that the money was withdrawn from my account. The bank refuses to fax anything! So, not only did they mess up and refuse to fix it, they won't even help me fix it!

The whole best friend thing.... she runs to me whenever she's upset. I can't hide from her. I got her a job doing what I'm doing, but she can only work so many cases because she doesn't have the right degree. And then to top it all off, her ex-boyfriend (son's father) and her father got into an argument. Her father grabbed the ex and the ex beat the father up. And where did she go..... you guessed it... my apartment. So, since she couldn't afford to pay her rent anymore she'd moved into her parent's house..... and now has no place to live. I know I'm being a d-ck but I refuse to let her move in here! Although she's here all the time anyhow!

Brother is moving to Georgia! Starting his own contracting business. I'm actually really happy for him, but just cannot be apart of it all, because I'm too busy. Which kind of upsets me, because we've been getting along really well, and now it's going to be a looooong time before we actually spend any time together!

I got the car fixed. It cost me $400. The car breaks down EVERY month and costs a couple hundred each time. Ya know, one of the parents actually bitched me out because I couldn't make a session. Apparently being stuck in your broken down car on the parkway isn't a good enough excuse to miss a session!

I hate the IRS. I hate work. I hate my clients (at least their parents).

I need..... for things to go right. Just once!
Old 06-10-2007, 10:03 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

Oh................sorry. I misread about the bank. What arses. I can't imagine why they wouldn't own up to their mistake. Like they don't have enough money!! I would threaten to change banks. Sometimes that works.....sometimes.
Old 06-10-2007, 10:05 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
President

That didn't work! I cursed them all out... that didn't work! I cried... that didn't work! I spoke to the supervisor and then the supervisor's supervisor... that didn't work.

So, I guess I just won't have to pay my bills next month. We just can't eat this month! Or buy gas to get to work..... or UGH!!!! I need to stop thinking about this!!!
Old 06-10-2007, 10:11 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nevergivingup View Post
The whole best friend thing.... she runs to me whenever she's upset. I can't hide from her. I got her a job doing what I'm doing, but she can only work so many cases because she doesn't have the right degree. And then to top it all off, her ex-boyfriend (son's father) and her father got into an argument. Her father grabbed the ex and the ex beat the father up. And where did she go..... you guessed it... my apartment. So, since she couldn't afford to pay her rent anymore she'd moved into her parent's house..... and now has no place to live. I know I'm being a d-ck but I refuse to let her move in here! Although she's here all the time anyhow!

You're not being a d-ck. You're not responsible to fix things for your friend. If she wants a better job, she'll have to do what you did and get the right degree. We all have choices and things we will need to do for OURSELVES to get out of the pickle we often find ourselves in. Stuff happens. You have enough stuff happening and to add one more onto the top of the list...................:nono: You can't handle anymore. That doesn't make you a bad person.
Old 06-11-2007, 03:12 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  

NGU Just wanted to send you a big HI and lots of hugs. Missed seeing you around the boards. Sorry things are still so sh*tty with your ex. Hope things work out for you. Hugs, Marle
Old 06-11-2007, 05:46 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
President

Ugh!!!! Last night I washed the curtains in the front window. I only washed half of them though as I didn't want people to be able to just look in. But apparently my brain wasn't connected because I forgot to read the little instructions thingy that says, "Dry clean only." So now the "cleaned" curtains in the front window are about 6 inches shorter the uncleaned ones. So now, do I wash the others so that they match and they're all too short? Or do I just leave up the mismatched curtains until I get paid next month and buy another set? Why do these things happen????
Old 06-11-2007, 05:56 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  

just sending praying for you.your plate is full. take a deep breath & breath.hugs,hope
Old 06-11-2007, 05:56 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  
grateful rca

sorry never, stuff seems to sometimes happen in piles, hope things work out soon for ya, just wanted to chime in and let you know that you are still in my prayers and that i love ya
Old 06-11-2007, 05:58 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nevergivingup View Post
So now, do I wash the others so that they match and they're all too short? Or do I just leave up the mismatched curtains until I get paid next month and buy another set? Why do these things happen????
:scratchch

Ummmmmmmmm.............put the short curtains in the back and move the longer ones to the front?? LOL

Who would have thought that curtains needed to be dry cleaned? Certainly not me.........but what do I know. I have blinds.
Old 06-11-2007, 09:12 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  
Starry Girl

NGU...

Sorry, but I had to chuckle at the thought of Julio eating Nemo! Hope J wasn't too upset by that.

It sounds like your plate is really full and I really understand that right now. You are doing an AMAZING job and you should feel good about yourself, even when parents b*tch you out. They are just worried about their kids too, I guess.

Give J a big hug for me for graduation. My AR had his last day of preschool two weeks ago, but he still has another two years to go so...it'll be awhile before graduation!

Sorry to hear about bank, exab, esp. your Mom, and all. Sending strength your way!

xo
Old 06-11-2007, 09:22 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

NGU, I am so glad you posted an update you have been on my mind. Wow you sure do have a lot going on. I havent ready all the replies and I am sure they gave you great advice. But I agree with everything that kris said.

Hugs,
Jewel
Old 06-11-2007, 09:34 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
let it grow!

nice to see you, ngu. i hope things can settle down for you. blessings, k
Old 06-11-2007, 10:21 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  

NGU,
I know in NJ you can call the banking commision to file a complaint. Check to see about it in NY. I will keep you and your mom in my prayers. I hope she will go and get the MRI and not think of the worst before she knows what it is.
Take a deep breath and tell the selfcentered parents to kiss your a*s. You deserve to take time off for your own child. This weekend take some time for you and J and go to the park or just for a picnic.
Hugs coming to you,
Old 06-11-2007, 10:59 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  
cmc

I can't add much to what the others have shared except that I've missed you too and also missed hearing how 'my' cat is doing!
Julio the cat ate Nemo the goldfish!
poor Nemo
Sorry about all the probs- it sounds like you are taking care of things though. It's great to hear from you, thanks for dropping by!
Old 06-11-2007, 06:54 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  
President

Thank you all for your replies! I'm just exhausted lately!

So, for today's round of new **** pouring down. I got a letter stating that I submitted my billing for the month - - - 7 hours late, and won't be getting paid next month. It'll be held over until July! Another battle!!!!

J's graduation was very interesting. He didn't participate in any of it. He was sooo strange. Like shell shocked! Just sat there like he wasn't sure what to do. Poor little guy! I remembered to bring my video camera, but got confused, and missed most of it! I really suck! After it was over, he cried. I guess it was all just too overwhelming for him! When he went to get his diploma he just slumped over. Everyone was hysterical laughing at him. Poor little guy. I think he was traumatized!

I'm sooo tired I can't even move! Ugh!