Penny For Your Thoughts ...Part 13

Old 06-10-2007, 06:45 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

Penny For Your Thoughts ...Part 13

Ok...........Can't find Cindi or Teke and I drew the shortest straw so.............here we go!!
Old 06-10-2007, 06:52 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Ok...........where's everybody at?
Figures...........I have to start the lucky #13 run off thread and everyone is gone.
Old 06-10-2007, 06:52 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

ohhh - i get to be the first one! just wanted to stop in and say goodnight to everyone. hope you all had a good weekend. i haven't even read to many of the posts over the weekend yet but i'll catch up later. i'm way exhausted, these kids are just killing me, if i just had an ounce of their energy i'd be set. so this week will be last living in MD. kind of mixed emotions i guess. we'll see how it all goes. still having issues with my son, still uncertain about rah but my theory is to hope for the best and expect the worst - all my plans are based on the worst possible outcome so i guess no matter how it all plays out i'll be ok. talk to "ya'll" tommorrow!
Old 06-10-2007, 06:55 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

oh palm - i did read your post about your daughter and its sounds really positive. getting your first place is exciting. for her b-day did you think about doing a big gift basket of food etc. i know my rah traded a lowes gift card once for drugs. just my experience. whatever you do i'm sure she'll be grateful.
Old 06-10-2007, 07:31 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
A work in progress....

Hi everyone! Today has been a busy day; lots of family over for swimming, including my VERY pregnant daughter in law. Shelby Grace is due tomorrow!

Someone told her that red raspberry tea would hasten labor, so I made her some and then went off to VBS. When I got back, the poor child had finished the whole pitcher......but no labor, at least not yet.

Doctor has said he will induce her if she wants, and she wants! But I am a little uneasy about that; it is apparently a lot more common these days. So anyway, we should be in labor and delivery within the next 24-48 hours.

I'll keep you posted! Saya prayer for her and my son (Sabrina and Chris).

((((HUGS))))
Old 06-10-2007, 07:36 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by duet_4-8 View Post
Hi everyone!
Doctor has said he will induce her if she wants, and she wants! But I am a little uneasy about that; it is apparently a lot more common these days. So anyway, we should be in labor and delivery within the next 24-48 hours.

I'll keep you posted! Saya prayer for her and my son (Sabrina and Chris).

((((HUGS))))
Ya know............I find that they do a lot of things different now. My first child was 2 weeks late before they induced. Now.......they'll do it on the day they are set to deliver. They give the babies nice little knitted hats. I got a sock. The mom gets to stay in the hospital for 48 hours. I was released the following day. The baby gets to stay in the room with the parents. No deal there either. They have security locks on the doors now so no one can take off with your baby. I was lucky.

You sound just as giddy and excited as I was Jen. I'm so happy for you!!! keep us posted and you all will be in my prayers.
Old 06-10-2007, 07:38 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  

insomnia anyone?

okay, a lttle tipsy was funny for the first 15 minutes. Then I got, to say the least, bored with it.

I could not be around anyone who drank regularly. Well, I used to but that was a lifetime ago it seems.

Palm...alot more than gift cards get traded off!
Old 06-10-2007, 07:39 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

oh YAY duet! Congratulations!
Old 06-10-2007, 07:49 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I have insomnia..............or insomnia has me rather. I don't care to be around anyone who drinks regularly myself. Too many bad memories and I made a choice a long time ago when it came to alcohol. Once and a while is ok.......but everyday.........no thanks. It's not for me because it makes me really uncomfortable..........dunno.........it's just one thing that the past has a grip on me about.
Old 06-10-2007, 08:45 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
President

I was induced into labor..... it didn't work!!!!! 34 hours later..... I had a c-section!!!! I think it depends on the hospital's policy whether or not they'll induce early. I had to wait until 2 weeks passed my due date. And, being induced SUCKED big time!!!!! But, that's my memory of it all!!!! Keeping fingers crossed for your daughter!!!!
Old 06-10-2007, 08:46 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

OMG..................NEVER!!!!!! YOU'VE BEEN SORELY MISSED MY FRIEND!!!! NOW COME HERE AND GIVE ME A HUG YOU.........
Old 06-10-2007, 09:05 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..............I have to be up by 4:30 to get ready for work and I'm wide freakin awake!!!!!!

Here's a thought........someone come over here and knock me out. Just do it quickly so I don't feel much pain.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:11 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Lovestoomuch View Post
Ahhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh..............I have to be up by 4:30 to get ready for work and I'm wide freakin awake!!!!!!

Here's a thought........someone come over here and knock me out. Just do it quickly so I don't feel much pain.

Take a shower and get in bed-then when you close your eyes, open your mouth slightly...this really works!

It seems like when the mouth is open a little, the whole face and all the tension stored there relaxes.

By the way...I still have trouble with the abreviations I see here...

What does Imho and Imo and rah mean???
Old 06-10-2007, 09:13 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
President

lmao - laughing my ars off
rah - recovering addict husband

I could totally use some hugs!
Old 06-10-2007, 09:24 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nevergivingup View Post

I could totally use some hugs!

I'll give you a hug if you give me a good wack in the back of the head.
Just kidding.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:25 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by raerae6 View Post
Take a shower and get in bed-then when you close your eyes, open your mouth slightly...this really works!

It seems like when the mouth is open a little, the whole face and all the tension stored there relaxes.

What if a bug crawls up in there?? I'd be mortified! lol
Old 06-10-2007, 09:26 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
President

You're just strange.... only you would think of that! LOL!
Old 06-10-2007, 09:33 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Well...........you hear of spiders nesting in peoples ears all the time. It would be my luck a bug would crawl in my mouth. I suppose that's one good thing about insomnia...........you'd know if that was happening to you at least.
Old 06-10-2007, 09:35 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
President

I read something once that people swallow so many bugs per year while they're sleeping! Just thought I'd help ya out there with that info! LOL!
Old 06-10-2007, 09:47 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by nevergivingup View Post
I read something once that people swallow so many bugs per year while they're sleeping! Just thought I'd help ya out there with that info! LOL!

I didn't hear that!

Gawd............now I'll never go to sleep again without duct taping my mouth closed. Thanks for the visual sweetpea.