I need some encouragement

Old 06-08-2007, 01:42 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

I need some encouragement

Well my RAH has been gone to an 8 week rehab since Sunday. He has been there 5 days. It is 4 hours away from home. Before he left, he was clean 36 days and has turned his life over to God. He even got baptized. We were doing great!
Since he has been gone I have discovered that I am pregnant with our first child. Both of us have 9 yr old boys from our first marriages. My first pregnancy was difficult. I was put to bed at 30 weeks and my baby came 6 weeks early. I went to the dr yesterday and he told me that things were ok now, but he thinks I will end back up in the bed. I cannot have any contact with my husband except letters until the 15th. He did manage to sneak me a call last Tues so he does know that I am pregnant. I feel like I am losing my mind. All I have done since Sunday is cry. I feel like I wont be able to make it while he is gone. My blood pressure is already up and the dr put me on meds. I know that he is in the best place that he can be right now. But I think that it is so unfair that I am the one left at home to worry about this baby, our families and our finances. I really don't have anyone that understands. I feel like everybody will be judging me. I am pregnant, my RAH does not have a job and is in rehab. Can anyone identify?

~M
Old 06-08-2007, 02:18 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

honey, i can not identify but i can give you encoragenment. think POSTIVE. your husband is in a good place.he is cleaning up his life & hopefully with your new baby coming you can have a great life together. congratulations on the baby & your husband in rehab, wonderful things, new beginnings. sometimes life isn't fair or we feel like it isn't, just remember he is not on the streets. try to take care of yourself.crying is not good.think happy thoughts.i am saying a prayer for you & your new baby & husband,also for both sets of boys.you got good things going on in your life.get that pencil out while you are resting & write & write some more....happy things.hugs, hope
Old 06-08-2007, 07:14 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

mkchic,
I agree, it's time to think positive. If you can do so, it will be better for you, and the baby. My daughter also had difficult pregnancies, and things were always worse for her when she was stressed.
Do you know what I would give to see my ah in a rehab? Things are so bad now I can't imagine that it might happen for him. your family is on the right track, hang in there, try to stay focused on your family. I know how hard it is to have all the worries on your back. You'll be in my prayers tonight.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:19 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

mkchic - i can identify alright. my rah was in rehab during my 2nd pregnancy and i agree with the others - think positive, hes in rehab and thats a good starting point. being alone during a pregnancy just plain sucks but at least hes somewhere getting the help he needs so that when you are together things will be better. try to get to some face2face meetings if you can, and take care of yourself and your baby. hes doing what he needs to do to take care of him so try to focus on you.
Old 06-08-2007, 07:58 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Believe in Miracles

Please think positive, do nice things for yourself and your new little one you are carrying. Take this time to think about what you need. He is in a good place and give him over to God...and let God take care of you. Everything for a reason. Life is good.

Saying a prayer for you and lots of hugs.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:02 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

Think about your position on abortion to determine if that's an option. When I was younger I had two and never had any regrets.
Old 06-08-2007, 08:03 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

((((mkchic))))
I really believe that there's a reaon for why things happen in the order that they do, even if it doesn't make sense to us at the moment.
Trust in your HP MK, you're never alone.
Keeping you in my prayers
((((Hugs)))
Cece