SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   My daughter's name (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/125428-my-daughters-name.html)

marle 06-06-2007 05:53 PM

My daughter's name

Whenever I talk about my daughter, I always call her my AD. I like reading Teach's threads because she talks about her son as Trevor. That makes him seem more like a person to me. So I have decided to use my daughter's name sometimes. Maybe not all the time at first. Her name is Megan Ann, a name I picked because it sounded beautiful to me and she was such a beautiful baby. Anyway I just thought I would put that out here. So now when you add her to your prayers, you can say a prayer for Megan. Hugs, Marle

jeepgirl 06-06-2007 05:58 PM

thank you so much for sharing her beautiful name. Its funny, I am paranoid that I will be "recognized", even though everyone I know, "knows"....
big hug, jeepgirl

Lovestoomuch 06-06-2007 06:02 PM

That is a beautiful name Marle. ((Megan Ann)) Knowing her will make my prayers for her more personal as well. Thank you for sharing this.:hug:

Jewelz 06-06-2007 06:16 PM

I love that name and thank you for sharing her name with us. Prayers for Megan Ann and many hugs.

Hugs,
Jewel

mendingheart 06-06-2007 06:18 PM

Thank you for sharing that part of you. Keep that beautiful thought with you...

mjpaao 06-06-2007 06:35 PM

That is a beautiful name, one of my favorites. And you're right marle, it does seem to make her much more real. Thanks for sharing, I know to put that in front of you in black and white is not an easy thing for you to do.

greeteachday 06-06-2007 06:47 PM

Thank you for sharing your daughter's beautiful name...I have had a special place in my heart for her and for you since I have "known" you here. My daughter is Megan too. I hope your Megan finds her time soon. I know when she does, she will find her way back to you as well. Hugs and prayers for you and Megan Ann.

caileesnana 06-06-2007 06:49 PM

Now I won't have to pray for "marle's daughter", I can pray for Megan.
God bless,
susan

bookmiser 06-06-2007 06:55 PM

((((((Marle))))))

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...ank2520You.jpg

Thank you for sharing your daughter's beautiful name. I love that name.
My son is Jason Anthony.
Keeping Megan in my thoughts and prayers daily.

Love ya,
Linda

BigSis 06-06-2007 06:56 PM

(((Megan Ann))))

(((All the SR Children)))

Louise54 06-06-2007 07:17 PM

Marle, that is a beautiful name and it does make it more personable. My as's name is John Francis. Keeping all of our children in our prayers.

marle 06-06-2007 07:21 PM

Prayers for John Francis, Jason Anthony, Greet's Megan, Trevor and all our SR children. Hugs and thanks, Marle

CatsPajamas 06-06-2007 07:34 PM

Prayers for all our children, named and anons alike. There is much power in the prayers of determined moms.

Cats

hope213 06-06-2007 07:35 PM

i love megan as a name, it is very pretty.thaanks for sharing. i have not gotten to the point of sharing names but it is a good gesture.hugs, hope

MeggieStar 06-06-2007 07:37 PM

Aww marle...my real name is Margaret Ann but I go by Meg. So many people call me Megan because I would say my name was "Meg Ann"

btw my AH's name is Michael Bryan but I usually just call him "Mike" or "AssHat" LOL just kidding...

Hangin' In 06-06-2007 07:56 PM

Hmmm, "M"arle....and "M"egan. Looks like you two have that "M" thing going on.

MMMMMavelous that you shared her precious name with us, Marle. Thanks. Prayers are now for Megan.

Hugs,
Hangin' In

mooselips 06-06-2007 07:56 PM

Beautiful name, and I'm sure beautiful girl.

Prayers for Megan, and all the Sober Recovery children...

Serenity_Seeker 06-07-2007 04:08 AM

Upon being "guided" to this forum...I used AS, in place of a name, but...

within months.... I realized, I preferred to post about my son by name....Luke...who by the way is doing wonderful!!!

Lena

outonalimb 06-07-2007 04:18 AM

Megan Ann is such a pretty name, Marle.
My prayers go out for Megan and all the SR children.
Much love..

Ann 06-07-2007 04:18 AM

I don't use my son's name for many reasons, most of them about anonymity for him, but I think it's good to think of these people by name instead of category.

Megan Ann is a beautiful name and will be in my prayers now as herself.

And for those who cannot post names, I KNOW that God knows who Hangin's daughter and Moose's boys are and all the others who I pray for each day. :D

Hugs