Brief Update

Old 06-06-2007, 04:34 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
To Life!

Arrow Brief Update

Well, I just want to report that Trevor is doing well.
He's working; going to counseling; getting his methadone; going to the gym, (with me), regularly; and helping around the house while paying his rent to me each week. He finally saw a psychiatrist, and got on meds for his depression and bipolar.

The doc is worried more about his depression right now. It's a double whammy with his long term, clinical depression and his short term situational depression brought about by the death of his best friend. He finally started blamming himself for Matt's death. I knew it was only a matter of time. They were out on a run together, and Trevor didn't go home with Matt when Matt asked him to. Matt was already strung out on xanax and got heroin to do on top. The both of them was his end. So, Trevor thinks if he was with Matt, he could have saved him.... Truth is, they probably BOTH would have been dead!

But, it is what it is, and I'm glad he's finally gotten his meds and a p-doc to talk to about it all. And his counselor too. It was his counselor that got him to this p-doc. She also got him on some program for free methadone for 6 months. By that time, a state slot should open, so he'll be able to get it free for good then!

Anyway, another piece of bad news. Trevor lost another friend. Suicide. Yes, an addict who has tried repeatedly. This time, he succeeded. Trevor saw the obit online again. I got very worried. He was quite upset, as you can imagine....

I still hate addiction!

But, in all, Trevor is doing well. He ate dinner tonight and is out mowing the lawn now. We went to the gym after school/work today, so, I"m sure that helps. I'm greatful that things are working out for him for once!

My thoughts and prayers remain with you all.

Shalom!
Old 06-06-2007, 05:02 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

That is all just such good news, Teach. It's been a long road but maybe now with proper help available, Trevor can finally get proper treatment.

This must be a huge relief for you too, yes? You've been through a lot yourself and certainly deserve a good break for a change.

Trevor is in my daily prayers, and so are you.

Hugs
Old 06-06-2007, 05:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Oh Teach, I know this is such a relief for you to know he is being seen by some professionals who know what is going on with him and can treat him properly. He deserves this and so do you.

I'm sorry for the tragedies he's faced, but maybe (after the grieving) he'll see these sad events as reminders of how grateful he should be for his extra chances.

Enjoy this, Teach. It's a good day for y'all and I'm so thankful!

Hugs,
Hangin' In
Old 06-06-2007, 05:14 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Teach, I hope that someday Trevor can look back and see that he was powerless over his friend's addiction too. Like you said, it is what it is. Glad to hear that he is doing well. Prayers that this is the start for a whole new, long life, lived in recovery for him. Hugs and thanks for sharing your bit of good news. Marle
Old 06-06-2007, 05:26 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I am glad you and your son are doing well...As you say, he couldn't have stopped what happened, I hope he comes to accept this. You take care
Old 06-06-2007, 05:45 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
To Life!

Sometimes, I wish I could push that "thanks" button 1,000 times!

Yes, it *is* very good news!
(barring his other friends death. Please say a prayer for the family of Anthony F.)
But, it *seems* like this counselor has her stuff together and is doing the right thing for Trevor. I am very, very greatful, for sure!

And thank you for your prayers...
Know that you and your family remain in mine, also...

Shalom!
Old 06-06-2007, 05:49 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
To Life!

(((Hangin')))
I am enjoying it.
And I do agree that these events do indeed give us all pause for the chances we've all been given...

Marle and Patchoulli, thanks for your thoughts and prayers.
Powerless, indeed...

Shalom!
Old 06-06-2007, 05:50 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

i am so happy trevor is doing good with his recovery.he sure has had a time of it lately with all the bad news.it is so sad. i sure hope this is an eye opener for him.i am so sorry about his friend.i will say a prayer for his friend & family. my prayers are also for you & trevor. hugs,
Old 06-06-2007, 05:55 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

so glad to hear the good news... it gives me hope,
big hug,
jeepgirl
Old 06-06-2007, 05:57 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
To Life!

Thank you, hope...
Yes, he's been through the wringer, for sure. Loosing Matt was tough enough; then Anthony. I hope it is a reminder to him to stay clear of the drugs.

He told his dad and me that he made a promise to Matt to get and stay clean.
Your prayers will help him fill that promise, I know...

Shalom!
Old 06-06-2007, 06:18 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

Teach, I am so glad that everything is coming together for Trevor. Prayers for Anthony F and prayers for Trevor right now.

Hugs,
Jewel
Old 06-06-2007, 06:32 PM
  # 12 (permalink)  

Hi Teach,
Just wanted to add to the above, this is such great news. I think it's encouraging for us all, maybe there is some hope. I pray your son continues to do well. Teach, you are one terrific Mom!!
Old 06-06-2007, 06:36 PM
  # 13 (permalink)  
To Life!

Thanks, Jewelz, mjpaao;
There is always hope...
Thank you for your good will and prayers.

Shalom!
Old 06-06-2007, 06:43 PM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Administrator

Teach I'm so glad that Trevor is doing so well and has such excellent support, including a mother who loves him so much she can let him find his way on his own. I know it is sometimes difficult to have a recovering child, or for that matter any adult child, living at home, but it sounds like you are enjoying each others company and living each day to its fullest.

I pray for you both every day and I will add prayers for Matt and Anthony and their families and loved ones too. May we all find comfort and healing. Hugs
Old 06-06-2007, 06:46 PM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

Wonderful news in amongst the sadness.

You deserve some happy news and now you are allowed to do a happy dance on the table if you want to. Just be sure to get a spotter so you don't get hurt!

I am so thankful and grateful to hear this good news.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:06 PM
  # 16 (permalink)  
On a tear

(((Trevor))) (((Teach)))

Thank you for the wonderful update... so long in coming, so good to hear.
Old 06-06-2007, 07:45 PM
  # 17 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

((teach))

So glad to hear that things are going well for now. I agree with Big Sis, this is a long time in coming. It's one of those times when we can all rejoice, and all can see a glimmer of hope. It wasn't all that long ago when the future was a bit murky for Trevor and for you!

Woo hoo!
Cats
Old 06-06-2007, 07:49 PM
  # 18 (permalink)  

Teach,
I am so happy for you, and especially for Trevor.
That is just awsome.!!!!
((((Trevor)))) ((((Teach))))
Old 06-06-2007, 07:51 PM
  # 19 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

Hiya Teach,
Glad to hear that the Trev is on an upward trend. It sounds like it is all coming together for him, and you!

I know my oldest who is 33, recently said to me, "Mom, I can't possibly tell you all the friends I've lost to addiction, I'm amazed it wasn't me"

I replied that God had must have big things planned for his life.
(maybe spreading the word of Sobriety? That would be a good thing)

Hugs Teach,
Take care of you...
Old 06-06-2007, 08:55 PM
  # 20 (permalink)  

Teach, I don't really know a lot about you and Trevor, but I am glad that things seem to be coming together for you and your son. I pray for all of the kids on SR and that includes Trevor. I also ask God everyday to give us moms comfort and peace while He is working in the lives of our precious children no matter how old they are.

Blessings.............Lois