please pray for me,

Old 06-07-2007, 05:44 AM
  # 101 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by Hangin' In View Post
Morning Teke,

Time to get the focus back on you and off you AH no matter he has or hasn't done.

So what steps can you take today to make your life better? Do you need to think of moving out? Do you need to see a lawyer? Do you need to stop and and pray and ask your HP for guidance as to what you need to do for you and the kids?

You can research all day long about what he has done and all that will do is keep your stomach churning. If you know in your heart and mind all this has taken place, it's now up to you to decide if you want to remain in this situation or you want to take steps to change your life and where you're living.

I pray you'll realize those first 3 steps which condensed are: I can't, He can, I think I'll let him. Ask you HP to guide you as to what you need to do and then listen. I've always asked but then wanted to do it my way. Funny thing, that never has worked!

Hugs,
Hangin' In
Amen, sister
Old 06-07-2007, 05:56 AM
  # 102 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

And Amen again.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:30 AM
  # 103 (permalink)  

And AMEN again. You know enough to have enough to act on.
I am sure it's a shock and you wonder just what reality is.......but you can't stay there.
Old 06-07-2007, 07:43 AM
  # 104 (permalink)  

hangin...........love the way you condensed the first 3 steps.......you make it sound so easy.............
I can't, He can, I think I'll let him.
this may just be my new serenity prayer........
Old 06-07-2007, 09:16 AM
  # 105 (permalink)  
Administrator

I've been spending some significant time with Courage to Change in the last few days since I am leading my Naranon meeting tonight. I wanted to select a topic that was relevant to most and was not one we have explored too much this year. I chose decision making and action. I read more about the 3 A's, something I don't see in literature as much as I do the 3 C's. The 3 A's are Awareness, Acceptance, and Action. I really related to how we must get to acceptance before we can contemplate action. I think perhaps this is where you are at now Teke...with the acceptance stage. Now that it is becoming clearer, I too would suggest that the move forward could be to contemplate action rather than to have to prove that he has been doing what you think. You know in your heart and your HP knows...That's all that you have to concern yourself with. others will come to awareness and acceptance in their own time and in their own way.

Continued prayers Teke, I hope you are feeling better today. Hugs
Old 06-07-2007, 01:51 PM
  # 106 (permalink)  

teke,

i just wanted you to know that you're not sick - or crazy - you have done so much - so much - for yourself - for your family - for your friends - what do you need? - i swear to god i'll come to atlanta if you need someone to hold you up - i really will - you mean taht much to me - that twisted sob - i only read the first page and then the last so i hope i'm not out of place with this post - i should probably read some more but i've got to leave - just know that i'm here for you - in whatever way you need - i swear to god...

love,
sue
Old 06-07-2007, 07:40 PM
  # 107 (permalink)  

you aren't crazy honey. He is a psycho sociopath. It is amazing the way addicts can make us think we are nuts, and after awhile, it all seems almost normal to us. All the chaos, nuttiness, and fear. you got a friend here....Marian