I Need All Your Help Please!!!!

Old 06-03-2007, 07:47 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
tug

I Need All Your Help Please!!!!

Breif overview...my son and his girlfriend both addicts, were doing good, relapsed and stole checks from me and cashed for drug money. both have records, on probation. Had them both arrested awaiting hearing June 11. Have a BEAUTIFUL 1 year old daughter. We don't want them to go to jail, they need help/rehab and to be with their child. What can I do/say at the hearing to get them help? We are willing to drop the charges if we can get the judge to agree to make them go into a program in-patient. Help me to know what to say...is this a possiblity or will they have to go to jail to serve the rest of their probtion, which is 2 years...what can I do?? PLEASE help me......Tug P.S. Live in Penna.
Old 06-03-2007, 07:59 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Let GO and Let God. They may have to pay the consequences of what they did. I'd be more concerned w/ getting custody of that precious baby who is innocent and doesn't deserve that lifestyle.
My heart goes out to you,
susan
Old 06-03-2007, 08:03 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Hi Tug - don't think we have met - what a terrible position to be in. Sorry I can't be of help - but of the wonderful people at SR there is a someone out there that will help you. Anything I can't handle I actually write a note to my HP (God) put it in my special mailbox. Turning things over to Him is sometimes the best option. Please keep us all posted Tug. Best of luck (((HUGS)))
Old 06-03-2007, 08:33 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

(((((((Tug)))))))
Don't believe we met. My name is Lois and the addict in my life is my 26 yr. old daughter. I also live in PA. I think if you present this to the attorney that is representing them he should be able to present that to the judge. Just maybe they will have mercy on them and agree to rehabilitating them so they can be good, clean parents for their child. They will probably be on probation and drug testing for the safety of their child. Even suggest parenting classes in addition to rehab. If they get caught being on drugs while on probation they could risk losing their child to protective custody. On the other hand, sometimes jail is what they need to really give them a wake up call.
Good luck........it is really in God's hands. It is really what HE thinks is best for HIS children.
Blessings for you and your family.................Lois
Old 06-03-2007, 08:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
get it, give it, grow in it

I have a friend who w/ help of atty. got her daughter 18 mos. rehab and out of jail but only after daughter had served 8 mos. awaiting trial . The daughter now admits the only reason she stayed in rehab that long was bec. she had spent 8 mos in jail and if she left rehab she would have to go back.Another addicted son of friend is doing drug court only bec he doesn't want to go back to jail. Most times a stint in jail is the only motivation to quit. Ask about drug court in your area.
Old 06-03-2007, 09:12 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
On a tear

Hi Tug... haven't seen you in a while.

You sound a lot like me when my daughter got arrested for shoplifting. I wanted to write a letter, meet the judge, get an attorney, mortgage the house... whatever I needed to do to help my daughter.

I had a sponsor in program by then, and she advised me to Wait. Pray. And more shall be revealed. What!?!!? Are you SURE? She told me that in her experience, she would land exactly where she needed to in order to hear something she NEEDED to hear or meet someone she NEEDED to meet.

She did land in rehab... the judge came within a gnat's whisker of sending her to jail due to her attitude, but he did not. He sent her to a really, really run-down, underfunded, ratty, mildewy rehab.

Where she met someone who changed her life. Where she heard, for the first time, the things that had been said at three other rehabs and one other recovery house. This WAS the right place for her. That WAS the right time.

And if I had had my way... it would not have happened.

She is clean two years now.... and I am so grateful for that.

(((hugs))))
Old 06-04-2007, 03:30 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Tug, No words of wisdom, only prayers and hugs. Marle
Old 06-04-2007, 03:40 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Sending prayers, Tug, for both of them and for you too. The child is blessed to have you and I have a feeling that God already has this all worked out.

When I feel a need to control what will happen, I find it best to just pray and then show up and let life happen.

Hugs