Stepping down temporarily as a Mod!

Old 06-03-2007, 06:57 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Hug giver-outer!

Wink Stepping down temporarily as a Mod!

Just wanted to let you know that I am temporarily stepping down from my duties as a Mod. Hopefully, this will not be a forever thing and I have been told that I have secured and reserved my position whenever I want to come back.

The road I’m traveling down right now has forked in too many directions, with too many distractions and choices. Maybe a better word other than choices is chances, and we only get so many of those.

As much as I love being a mod, it would be selfish of me to continue in this position when I cannot fulfill the obligation that comes along with it. There is just too little time to spread myself any thinner. Geesh! I’m getting too old to do all the other things.

I will still remain a member and when I don’t have the time to post, I will definitely come and read, like I do now. As long as I want to remain sane, I will always need SR and continue to come here and more often as the need arises.

My SD is doing fantastic; she just graduated with her Master’s and on the Dean’s list. She is coming home for the summer and we couldn’t be more happy. AD is talking to us but although things are not as I would like them to be, she also realizes that as long as drugs play a part in her life, we cannot have the kind of relationship that I would like. That’s ok. As part of my recovery, I have come to accept that she has her own choices and has to live with the consequences of them. We do too but we also have another dimension to our lives and that is fulfilled through our choices. Mr. M and I are continuing to look at life through our eyes; if AD wants to be a part of it, she has tough choices to make but they are hers. We have accepted that even though it’s not a parent’s dream. We don’t own her and we don’t own the accountability of her choices either.

My job as an investigative analyst has become very enjoyable now that I can actually say that I have a clue what I am doing! Lol I am responsible for the decisions I make and I have to defend what choices I make. Gee, doesn’t that sound familiar??

So, while I may not be blue much longer, I am still around and shall be for quite some time. I still have a big mouth and will give my two cent’s worth.

You have all made my journey much more bearable and if it was not for the wonderful people at SR, I would not be able to “let go” even for a while and pursue my life’s choices. This site works; that is especially important for those of you who are new here. I was an absolute basket case when I first came here but after I discovered that it was ME who needed fixing, I realized that the life my AD chose with drugs did not have to be mine or destroy me. I love her and I wish she had never taken that path; I pray for her every day but I also realize that with my recovery tools, I can have a life and enjoy the fruits of my own labor and decisions.

See you around the board!

Hugs, love and prayers,
Marteen
Old 06-03-2007, 07:10 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
*~10 YEARS BABY~*

Ahh Mom Marteen you been such a major help and enjoyment in my life, thanks for all you do!!
Old 06-03-2007, 07:17 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Marteen, As long as you promise to pop in once in a while then it will be okay You do what you have to do. I hope to someday come to the same point with my AD. I figure I am still a ways behind you but getting there. Hugs and prayers that you will continue to blossom. Marle
Old 06-03-2007, 07:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Marteen, When I first came here I always enjoyed reading your posts. You always sounded like you really had control over your situation. I always admired you and your strength. The thing we have in common is that we are both mom's of AD's and I thnik they are around the same age. You have given me hope to get to where you are someday. Thank you for touching my life the way that you have.

Blessings.............Lois
Old 06-03-2007, 07:41 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I remember you being one of the first ones to respond to me when I first came here. You made me kinda angry once...telling me the truth and all...lol!!! You are a good example of recovery that we need around here so don't go too far!!!
Old 06-03-2007, 07:44 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

Thank you for your wisdom and kindness. Only one who has been there understands.
God bless you
susan
Old 06-03-2007, 07:45 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
cmc

marteen,
Whether they are "choices" or "chances" I'm glad that you have them and are doing so well. It's a wise thing to make priorities for yourself, and shows your good recovery.
I'm so proud of you for stepping out with new job and wish you all the best in your career. Hey!...when you move up and become the boss...will ya hire me? I work for cheap!!! lol
hugs,
cmc
Old 06-03-2007, 07:53 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  

Just a "THANK YOU" Marteen for all your posts - hope you put your two cents worth in once in a while
Old 06-03-2007, 08:18 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Thanks Marteen for all you've given. Your recovery shines.... and it has been an honor to share the journey with you.

Much love
Cats
Old 06-03-2007, 08:27 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

OOOhhhhh Marteen...

I just love ya!

I am so happy that you like your new job.
Spread those wings and fly...After all, thats the whole point of recovery, right?

Thanks for everything you did as a Mod...and for all the love, compassion and wisdom that you've shared with all of us.

Much love to you...
Old 06-03-2007, 09:17 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  
On a tear

Marteen, I will always be grateful for the loving welcome you gave me when I arrived all broken and in such pain. Thank you.

And I will remember, each time I post, that you might be on the other side of that screen... reading and loving me.

Thank you.

(((Marteen)))
Old 06-04-2007, 03:55 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
Hug giver-outer!

I'm just plain blue now; not bold blue!

But that's ok - life takes us down different roads and makes us wear different hats for a reason. I'll be back.

For right now, I'll just be lurking around the boards from time to time; taking what I need and leaving the rest...

I'm not going too far away, just busy living life.

Hugs,
Marteen
Old 06-04-2007, 04:05 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

(((((Marteen)))))
I also hope you keep posting. You have given me so much strength, and have helped me since I came.
I am glad things are going well for you, and that your AD is trying to make you part of her life again.
Your SD is doing great in her life, enjoy the time you have with her this summer.
Hugs,
Old 06-04-2007, 04:17 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

(((Marteen)))

Words could never express the gratitude and love I have for you and all you have done here. It has been an honour to walk beside you as a mod and as a friend, and you may not be bold and blue today but you sure are a wonderful person who I am thrilled to walk with on this journey.

Love you, Marteen, and I am so happy for all that life has brought you today and wish you only the best to follow.

And...you bet I'll be PM'ing you and picking your brain and experience because I've always found great wisdom and wonderful recovery shining brightly through you.

Hugs and Lotsa Love and one huge THANK YOU!!!!

Last edited by Ann; 07-03-2007 at 03:56 AM.
Old 06-04-2007, 04:40 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

((((((Marteen)))))))

Run your race to win. I'm so proud and happy for you.
Yeppers! Life does have a tendency to get in the way.
You've always been an inspiration to me and I love ya for it.
Make sure ya pop in, at least once a week, lol, and gives us an update.

For all that you do, for all that you are...
you still remain a recovery star.

Old 06-04-2007, 04:58 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

Marteen..
thank you for all your help and support. You made a huge difference in my life and in my recovery.

Stay in touch please!
I will keep you in my thoughts and prayers.
Old 06-04-2007, 05:56 AM
  # 17 (permalink)  

marteen, you have been here for me & alot of others.you have given alot of sound advice.we love you. you just take care of you right now & i will look forward to seeing you around. hugs & prayers, hope
Old 06-04-2007, 05:57 AM
  # 18 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Marteen...you are truely what this place is all about...what you've learned shared and offered.
And hey...the Blue Mod role doesn't really go away...you'll always be a role model here.
Best wishes in your endeavors
((((hugs)))
Cece
Old 06-04-2007, 06:06 AM
  # 19 (permalink)  
I'm HOME!!!!!

((((Marteen))))

How does one say thank you when those two words seem soooo inadequate. Whenever I'd post....I'd look for that horse like a drowning man looking for water...lol.

Glad yer not leaving us, cause some of us are not ready for you to go...lol.

Old 06-04-2007, 11:19 AM
  # 20 (permalink)  
Reach Out and Touch Faith

Originally Posted by marteen View Post

I'm not going too far away, just busy living life.

Hugs,
Marteen
I can think of a lot worse reasons for stepping down. I want to thank you for all you have done, both as a poster and as a mod.