In the middle of the fire

Old 06-01-2007, 10:17 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
Drug Addiction Has No Mercy

In the middle of the fire

(I posted this to Dakota's site, but I felt to post it here too so that no one misses it LMBO ... Seriously though, I feel that many of us are in a refiners fire in our own different circumstances - and I just wanted to encourage you that no matter where you are at in the fire ... God is there with you) and sometimes we may not feel like he is, but HE IS ... Some of us are in the fire and don't want to be so we try and squirm out, bow out, back out, run away, or go into denial as well as many other emotions to protect ourselves and keep from hurting ...no getting around it ... the only way out is through .. and it is a painful if not agonizing place to be ... but if we can extend trust to our "HP" and believe that he will guide us through and out ... We will find that our journey was not in vain..... - Passion

The following story is a great example of how the Lord teaches and molds us through life's trials.

There was a group of women in a Bible study on the book of Malachi. As they were studying chapter three, they came across verse three which says: 'He will sit as a refiner and purifier of silver.' (Malachi 3:3) This verse puzzled the women and they wondered what this statement meant about the character and nature of God.

One of the women offered to find out about the process of refining silver and get back to the group at their next Bible study. That week this woman called up a silver smith and made an appointment to watch him at work. She didn't mention anything about the reason for her interest in silver beyond her curiosity about the process of refining silver. As she watched the silver smith, he held a piece of silver over the fire and let it heat up. He explained that in refining silver, one needed to hold the silver in the middle of the fire where the flames were hottest as to burn away all the impurities. The woman thought about God holding us in such a hot spot--then she thought again about the verse, that he sits as a refiner and purifier of silver.

She asked the silver smith if it was true that he had to sit there in front of the fire the whole time the silver was being refined. The man answered that yes, he not only had to sit there holding the silver, but he had to keep his eyes on the silver the entire time it was in the fire. If the silver was left even a moment too long in the flames, it would be destroyed. The woman was silent for a moment. Then she asked the silver smith, 'How do you know when the silver is fully refined?'

He smiled at her and answered, 'Oh, that's easy--when I see my image in it.'

If today you are feeling the heat of the fire, remember that God has His eye on you.

Author unknown
Old 06-01-2007, 11:30 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

In the middle of fire

Wow!! Thanks, Passion. That really is a beautiful analogy.
Old 06-01-2007, 12:58 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
Don't get undies in a bunch

I will never leave you nor forsake you.

Wow that verse hold a deeper meaning after readying your shared post.

Thank you.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:53 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Passion, Thank you so much. I just got home from work and I've been really down lately........So I got right on my computer and wouldn't you know the first thing I read is your thread. I think it was meant for me. You have really lifted me up.
By the way Dakota is a beautiful and precious baby. Thank you for sharing.

Blessings...............Lois
Old 06-01-2007, 04:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

That is a beautiful story passion, I just wanted to thank you too, for sharing it. I read it on dakota's site too. She is a beautiful baby girl and has a great mom. Thanks for sharing her with all of us too. I will continue to pray.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:19 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
I'm HOME!!!!!

((Nyte))
You and Dakota remain in my prayers!!! Thanks for sharing this!!!
NSW
Old 06-01-2007, 06:29 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
Drug Addiction Has No Mercy

Lois

Originally Posted by Lobo View Post
Passion, Thank you so much. I just got home from work and I've been really down lately........So I got right on my computer and wouldn't you know the first thing I read is your thread. I think it was meant for me. You have really lifted me up.
By the way Dakota is a beautiful and precious baby. Thank you for sharing.

Blessings...............Lois
God never ceases to amaze me .. He knows just what we need .. His touch!

Blessings,
Passion
Old 06-02-2007, 09:55 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

Ya know, I have had a bad day. This just reminded me that God is working, and I should just sit back and let Him do His work!
Old 06-02-2007, 10:32 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
grateful rca

thanks nite, i needed to hear this today