A Codie Challenge - Double Dog Dare Ya!!

Old 05-31-2007, 06:21 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

I spent a lot of quiet time when I was recuping with my knee. Watched a lot of TV, something I don't normally do. Read some and just spent time sitting on the couch surrounded by my beloved dogs. The time I spend in quiet reflection now is when I go to bed. I just lie there and let whatever thoughts are in my head be there. Sometimes I let them take me where they want. I remember good times mostly but I don't try to shut out the bad. I just don't dwell too long on them. It is peaceful with the door shut and the blinds pulled and me and Petey just enjoying the quiet. (Hubby snoresreally badly, so we sleep in separate rooms)Marle
Old 05-31-2007, 06:36 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

I have been on vacation all week. Origanally I planned to get at least on big project done around here. I was going to build a patio in back out of those little patio blocks. I had also planned to have a yard sale. Well I didn't make time for the yard sale and I spent the money I was going to use on my patio and bought a new digital camera on QVC (3 easy payments!!!) Anyway for the last five days I have spent every morning at the dog park playing with my dog in the water and walking on trails. We have had a blast. Now he is totally spoiled and I don't know what he is going to do when I have to go back to work!! This whole week has been "me time"!!!
Old 05-31-2007, 06:39 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  

It's late tonight i will read some of my step work tonight and write a reflection to desiderata. tomorrow i will most likely take the night and just be me in the lani with the doberman and a book.

thanks
Old 05-31-2007, 06:43 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

Originally Posted by Ann View Post

While I'm waiting for Loves to check in and tell us how she found her hour today, I think I'll go sit on the deck with my cat and watch the sunset.

Hugs to all of you for being good sports.

Ummm....I may have to plead the 5th on today's hour unless eating spaghetti with your sister and her cat counts. I do however plan to leave for work extra early tommorrow morning so i can take a walk on the beach just as the sun is coming up. Something about the ocean keeps me grounded.
Old 05-31-2007, 07:35 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Peace Hope Love

I will enjoy the hour tomorrow morning by getting up early and having 2 luscious cups of coffee before work...and think about this group; my HP and all the good life really does have to offer. Something about you guys keeps me grounded (adjusted lovestoomuch words). thanks for the challenge!
Old 05-31-2007, 09:43 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  
Administrator

I am just sneaking in for a minute (life has been...well big as life recently and there are not enough hours in the day, but I am grateful for that...so filled with things to be thankful for) Anyway, I didn't know of the challenge until now, but I did spend time with my recovery today. I try to every day...to make that quiet half hour to myself, even if it means less sleep or letting something I used to obsess abut be put aside for another day.

During the lunch hour at work, I walk a tow path... I have to walk a mile or more out of the city to get to it, but it is absolute peace and beauty. I see turtles, so many birds; I've been watching Spring revive everything and seeing the ducks and geese with their babies...Even see a swan several times a week. Ever since Moose mentioned a walk with her HP, I try to do this as often as I can to keep the communication lines open and let HP know I am listening and ready to accept his will. After work I went to the gym...I find making room several times a week for a good run on the treadmill and some weights gets my endorphins going, raises the serotonin level and helps me focus on being centered. I topped off my recovery day with a meeting. Tonight was actually my first anniversary meeting with my home group. I went to several other groups for a couple of months before finding these wonderful folks, but I celebrate my anniversary in May since that is when I truly found my Naranon home.

How do I feel? Wonderful! I have to get up in 3 1/2 hours to fly across country for work for a few days, but I feel energized, centered and at peace. I am so grateful for my program, for all of you and for my Naranon family. I am uncertain I could have made it through this year without you! Hugs and prayers for all of you and the addicts you love. May we all find the beauty of recovery.
Old 05-31-2007, 09:51 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  
Administrator

Something about the ocean keeps me grounded.
Me too Kris...Any body of water. Our new retreat has a creek at the bottom of the hill (well mountain I guess) and I love sitting out on the deck and listening to it babble or climbing down and sitting by the mini waterfall.

Ocean waves sooth my soul. My favorite thing is walking on the beach, letting my feet get wet as the waves come up and searching for special shells and sea glass.
Old 05-31-2007, 10:10 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
On a tear

For me, the serenity comes "with motion". For a very long time, I did not know why, then took a class on adult learning styles. Most of us are more "visual" or "audio" in our learning and generally some combination of the two. There is a third choice that is less common - kinetic.

Visual Audio is the most common, with Audio Visual the next most common. I tested out as Kinetic Visual.

When I go to meetings, I prefer to have counted cross-stitch or crocheting in my hands, but at the very least, a doodle pad. When I ride with Mr. Big (a not so good driver), I can only tolerate it if I am crocheting or doing a crossword while we drive.

My favorite thing is driving... I can FEEL the tension spinning off with the wheels. Sometimes, it is the only way for me to get the Committee to quiet down. And where I live the roads go forever.... trees, hills, mountains, lakes. I can see over and over the incredible magnitude of the Creator and feel gratitude at every turn.

A warm evening, with the window down and the scent of the river will waft in and out, I can sometimes catch the sound of frogs talking and the crickets buzzing. And the wheels just spin and spin... it is so sooothing.

My hour is spent spinning off the cares of my day and opening myself up for God's love and renewal. And expressing my gratitude and love and prayers... in motion.

Thank you, Ann.
Old 06-01-2007, 02:32 AM
  # 29 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Originally Posted by Wascally Wabbit View Post
Well, I am a little late on this one. But, I still have 2 hours before bed. I think I can fit it in. I think I will go sit on the deck and watch the skeeter eater (bug zapper). That's what we do in the south, LOL.
Anything that I do just for my own peace, right?

This one cracked me up first thing this morning, Wabbit you sure win the prize for uniqueness, lol.

And Loves, that walk on the beach sounds like a little bit of heaven.

Today is a new day, let's all try it again and maybe before you know it, it will become a habit.

Hugs
Old 06-01-2007, 05:28 AM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Well.........I did it! I actually got myself up bright and early, and went to take that walk on the beach. It started raining lol. HOWEVER..........Florida has such a horrible drought going on right now I thanked HP for the shower and sat in my car and watched the waves for a while.

Your place sounds so serene Greet. I got a visual and imagined myself there.

I think this weekend I'll take both my daughters out for a stroll......maybe pick some wild flowers. You can do that legally in Florida lol........just don't try it in Alabama, Mississippi or Texas.
Old 06-01-2007, 05:52 AM
  # 31 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

I'd love to let this challenge run clear through the weekend...just in case anyone comes on late here (besides, this codie just never knows when to quit )

I'd like to go someplace special tomorrow, maybe north of here to a provincial park with caves and rock cliffs over the water. That kind of place touches my spirit and calms my soul...and it's also tons of fun to take my camera and capture it all to look at in days ahead.

I hereby declare this weekend "Double Dog Dare Days" and challenge each one of you to do something very very special just for you and all about you.

Double Dog Dare Hugs
Old 06-01-2007, 06:02 AM
  # 32 (permalink)  

I hereby declare this weekend "Double Dog Dare Days"
Holy cow! Say that really fast 3 times.

"Double dog dare days............double dog dare days..........double dog dare days."
I can't even type it lol.
Old 06-02-2007, 08:49 AM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I just walked over to my old landlord's to see if he is ok (he's in his 80's) and decided to give Ann's weekend Codi Challange a bump in the upwards direction.

I was thinking.........................since my daughter is still 3cm dialated and my grandson is playing hard ball and doesn't seem to be ready to meet us all yet, I'm going to convince her to take a reeeeeeaaaallly long walk with my youngest daughter and I a few hundred times around the block. Maybe he'll get the hint.

Well..................this is all about me is it not??
Old 06-02-2007, 09:41 AM
  # 34 (permalink)  
grateful rca

thanks ann for the chalenge, for me to sit here this morning after so long and just read sr, is a big help to me. today, i plan on doing a few chores this morning and then later, maybe so movie time just for me, maybe i'll rent something for the kids too. no grandbabies today so i'm sure that i'll be able to find something that i can do just for me.
Old 06-02-2007, 10:41 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Teke, it's just so good to see you back here, just in time for the challenge too

I didn't make it to the big park, that will have to wait for another day. It turns out it's about a 2 hour minimum hike into the area that I want to see. In another few weeks, I believe we can rent a canoe and go in that way...much easier for this old codie than hiking through bear and snake country.

But I did get out for a drive this morning, took a few pictures and stopped at a great shop in a small town and shopped up a storm. Now that wasn't exactly meditating and connecting with my Higher Power...but it was all about me and gave MY spirits a lift.

The day is still young, I think I'll take Toby for a walk in the woods and check out the animal babies.

Hope you all are having a wonderful weekend and doing good things for yourself.

Hugs
Old 06-02-2007, 03:15 PM
  # 36 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

I have a NEW baby Fawn!

While taking quiet time on the deck last evening before dark,
she appeared with her mom! And boy is she tiny!
I'm hoping to get a picture.
Old 06-03-2007, 03:07 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

She's been just waiting for you to come out and notice, Moose. I don't think there is anything more precious on earth than new babies of any kind.
Old 06-03-2007, 06:22 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

just for today...

i am done picking up - have had my coffee - have meditated with my desiderata (ann your thoughts on that really touched me) - posted about my day that is not *about me* and am now taking an hour - while everyone is still asleep and it is quiet - to sit out on the porch (wishing i could see some wildlife or be at a body of water <there are birds and a sprinkler ;>) and i'm going to read the sunday paper...

godspeed,
s
Old 06-03-2007, 07:18 AM
  # 39 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

Sounds like a wonderful beginning to the day, and don't worry about the wildlife...right now we have a bear alert happening, about 12 sightings have been reported this past week and we are about an hour south of the bear line (usually). These are bears that aren't too friendly and it's also baby time for them so the mama's will attack in a heartbeat.

I have already spent about an hour in my funny little garden at the front, I swear there are more weeds than flowers, but got it mostly cleaned out and looking good for this year, Me, God and my garden...it's a nice combo.

Hugs
Old 06-03-2007, 07:26 AM
  # 40 (permalink)  

...right now we have a bear alert happening,
Oh my..........I've never heard of a "bear alert" before now. I thought I lived in the country!
We get hurricane warnings and tornado alerts...........but never bears lol. I guess that has to stink for Toby not being able to go outside. Good grief Ann......be careful out there.