Searching and Fearless...

Old 06-04-2007, 11:21 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  

Thanks Big Sis, I didnt think about scholorships. Many of the girls in our group act as if even book prices are nothing, and I can buy 5 days worth of meals on $15. It is alanon/alateen and there will be speakers. Its local I was actually hoping to bring my kids, but was told NO, which sorta bothers me a little
Old 06-04-2007, 01:37 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  
On a tear

Perhaps you could get involved in a conference? If your group goes and enjoys, you might think about arranging a speaker meeting.... or even volunteer to help set up play care for the next local conference! (What a wonderful service that would be!).

Perhpas while at this conference, you will have the opportunity to touch base with one of the conference committee members (the registration desk would be able to tell you how to find them) and get information on how that might happen.

I wish you well and hope you enjoy!
Old 06-04-2007, 05:36 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
Ann
Nature Girl

BigSis, it sounds like a fabulous weekend and I would love to one day go to something similar. I was certain I had posted to wish you well before you went but somehow I lost it so I will welcome you back instead

Those pictures match what you are sayng, it all looks so peaceful and lovely.

I'm so glad you got away and worked through some Step 4 issues, it's just got to feel good to get past some of that "stuff" that we all carry around too long.

Hugs