Penny for your thoughts 11

Old 06-04-2007, 10:19 AM
  # 401 (permalink)  
Or However You Spell It....

Originally Posted by cali View Post
I pray that I can reach out--and not get stuck in that rutt--the one that I allowed to get me drunk time and time again....
You can always reach out here too. There's always someone on this thread.

Well.......back from town. Looked at the candy bars and the 3 Muskateers said they have less fat.........................so I got 2. LOL

It's so hot and humid out today. I told my old landlord I'd do some yard work for him, but I think it will wait till this evening. If Steph doesn't go into labor today I'll attempt to go into work tommorrow. I need to make the money and can't stand this sitting around.............I have ants in my pants or something.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:19 AM
  # 402 (permalink)  

no cindi - i'm way done with the legal field, i worked for a real nut case, we once ran out of paper clips and he threw the box across the room and yelled at me. i know all lawyers aren't like that, but i'm gonna persue different avenues for now.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:21 AM
  # 403 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

hey guys back from lunch. I saw two boys throw a kid in the street, mind you its raining to grab the ketchup bottle he had in his bag only to run around with it and throw it back at him. What is it with these kids... I can not make any sense of it really. These kids were only about 12 years old..

I am going out to dinner tonight with my old director. He wants to take me out because of my promotion. He was the person who intially hired me when I had no experience at all and gave me a chance. Even though this dinner is nothing of romantic but it makes me feel guilty for going out with a man when I know abf will be at home. But then I think to myself that my abf did nothing to celebrate my promotion and barely bothers with me. I just know that if abf was clean and doing the right thing I wouldnt go out with any man alone for any reason. But I feel like I deserve this.. I am just thinking things through.

Loves and everyone else I love what you all had to say about us having to go through everything rough and hard and how we will make it!

Hugs,
Jewel
Old 06-04-2007, 10:22 AM
  # 404 (permalink)  
came-came to-came to believe

sorry guys-I must have misunderstood this thread.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:28 AM
  # 405 (permalink)  

LOL ok--maybe I did have it right....I am having a really Really REALLY tough day-
But I feel better already just saying it out loud-and I did post a few other places about it so it's all good. Thanks a lot
Old 06-04-2007, 10:29 AM
  # 406 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by finallyout View Post
no cindi - i'm way done with the legal field, i worked for a real nut case, we once ran out of paper clips and he threw the box across the room and yelled at me. i know all lawyers aren't like that, but i'm gonna persue different avenues for now.
Just a word of advise. Don't go into the insurance field. Good grief. It's the customers who throw things and cuss you all the time. Like we are the bad guys. I don't make the rules you know? I often wondered why it was I could stand up for myself and not take any shyte from an angry and usually wrong client, but never with my exabf..........or my mother. I know............."Always back to your mother". LOL
Who...........I've decided is completely nuts......and hell bent on driving me insane.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:34 AM
  # 407 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

we are approaching 500 post is teke around to make the new thread??
Old 06-04-2007, 10:35 AM
  # 408 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by finallyout View Post

Oh I could tell you from stories Finally. Ive seen computers go out 2nd story windows. I had a boss that walked around firing everyone who was wearing a perfume he didnt like, Ive seen fists slam into glass desk tops shattering them, and many many more things. Through it all most of those guys actually calmed down through the years. This place I believe I came too for a reason. My boss and I have our ups and downs and yell and scream at each other, but he's a reat boss all and all. He got into recovery 5 months before I got here, (3 years ago) and when I look back I can see a change.
Besides where else would they put up with me and my ever changing moods due to for so long what AH was doing
and the best thing about working for lawyers everywhere Ive worked is they are big on the bringing in donuts and ordering lunch for the office
Old 06-04-2007, 10:36 AM
  # 409 (permalink)  

I swear!!! Remember when I told you I got another pug.......but he ended up being so obnoxious and uncontrollable........Well, I gave him to a girlfriend of mine who has always wanted one.......and I knew he'd have a good home. After all, the home I took him from was leaving him outside 24/7 and neglecting him. Well.......my mother got so hell bent out of shape that I would even consider giving the dog away because she knew a guy with 2 pugs who claimed he wanted the dog if it didn't work out.

So........i've been lying to my mom and she thinks I still have the dog. Anyhow.........the girl I gave him too can't handle him either.......not with a 1 year old to tend to.

So, I call my mom and tell her I can't handle him anymore and to call the guy who she wanted to give the dog to in the first place. Know what she said??? Well...........I haven't seen the guy around. Ask your friend if she wants him.

AAAAAAAAAAAARRRRRRRRRRRGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGGG
Old 06-04-2007, 10:37 AM
  # 410 (permalink)  

ty-I really appreciate it
I just feel like a loser today....I am sure someone understands this
I will be ok--I am sure of it. Hopefully my "random thoughts" will become increasingly more positive as the day progresses.
thanks again
Old 06-04-2007, 10:38 AM
  # 411 (permalink)  

Cali, please share. SInce Teke's not around Im gonna start a new penny for your thoughts thread. Please join us there. We do know the rut your talking about. All day yesterday I kept hoping my cubbard to see a bottle of jack staring at me. I dont even know why I was going in that cabinet. I had to make the choose to move it, but I didnt want to, so I through a t shirt over it and taped the cabinet shut. Seriously, I didnt want to hear it say "Cindi.......Im still here..." anymore
Old 06-04-2007, 10:40 AM
  # 412 (permalink)  

wow-thanks for sharing that....it sure is powerful...
Old 06-04-2007, 10:41 AM
  # 413 (permalink)  

Hi Cali!! I feel that way most days myself. I'm slowly creeping my way out because when I take a serious look at everyone around me...........and take their inventory lol........I know.......that's a no no..........anyways.........I begin to feel so much better about myself.

You know.......my shrink once asked me "What about your mother?" At the time I didn't have anything...........now I have LOADS!!!!!!!
Old 06-04-2007, 10:43 AM
  # 414 (permalink)  

loves, after working in car dealerships for 6 yrs, the insurance field is a breeze. i only worked for them pt for 6mos. but it sure beats crazy car salesmen! if i can hold my own in the car business i think i'll be ok just about anywhere. and i think our mothers were put here just to drive us insane. my excelling in that dept as well.

well cindi- your stories are better than mine! the lawyers never bought me lunch either!

jewelz-have a great dinner, you deserve it!

cali-just wanted to say hi too.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:45 AM
  # 415 (permalink)  

ok i reread my post and it came out wrong, i don't really mean that insurance is a breeze, i guess what i meant is the people i worked for were really great, i did have some angry customers but i understood their frustration and tried to help so for me it wasn't too bad. not like the time a customer threatened to drive his truck thru our showroom if we didn't fix his trans for free. total nut job.
Old 06-04-2007, 10:47 AM
  # 416 (permalink)  

Ok everyone we are over 500!!!!!!
Old 06-04-2007, 10:51 AM
  # 417 (permalink)  

oh boy, are we talking about being stuck in ruts now. well i can relate too. i had a 10 year rut, and somehow captain morgan found his way to my soda can way too often. boy i haven't thought about that in a while. its so hard to get out of a rut, wish i had some words of wisdom but i really don't, i just got fed up with my life and decided to change it.