12) I need you as a friend
13) I wouldn?t leave you in jail/abandon you if you were here
14) I don't belong here, I'm an addict, I'm not a bad person
15) I need to stay clean for myself
16) I'm getting too old for this $hit
17) I don't want to use
18) I've found God
19) I have a long climb ahead of me to get out of this pit I've dug for myself
20) Look at the damage I have done to (fill in the blank)
21) I am so far in debt, I owe so much to so many people who have helped me
22) I want to be respected and will have to work really hard to earn that respect back
23) I will do anything to make it right
24) I am going to kill myself.
25) I am so lonely in here
26) If you were the addict, and had this disease I would stick by you 100%
27) Forget the past and look forward to our future together.
28) I'm so ashamed
29) I will change

And now the reason for all the quacking:

I'm hungry, need cigarettes, stamps, can you put some money on my canteen account?
Old 05-26-2007, 04:24 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Yep I heard alot of the things on the list from my AD when she was in jail. She was out 4 weeks an started using again.
Old 05-26-2007, 05:05 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Told my husband the other night that if and when we get that jailhouse call from the AD that we need to hang up. He said no, he would be interested in what she had to say. I guess that I will show him this so he can see what he is in for Thanks Dolly. Hugs, Marle
Old 05-26-2007, 05:13 AM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

You know, in retrospect and the ultimate realization that every cross country trip XABF and I went on he had drugs with him (for sure pot and luikely some cocaine) I could have been in prison right along with him. That thought alone has kept me sober and in reality when it comes to this guy. It has made me so very glad he is gone and out of my life (seemingly for good.. but he is an addict so who knows?)

Here in NY there is a tolerance to Pot which makes it a violation the first two times you are caught with it and it is under a certain amount (then it climbs to Midemeanor). Other states have zero tolerance and some would as quickly jail ME as him and name me a knowledgeable accessory (regardless of my knowledge or lack of use).

So, here I was, riding from coast to coast with an active addict and not knowing (I guess ignorance is bliss?).

In the end, when I found out all of this, he said all of the following:
"If we were getting pulled over I would have claimed to be a hitch hiker so you wouldn't be implicated." (he was driving????).

"It would have been a first offense so I would have not gotten any time." (Maybe in NY, but, Pal, you were transporting across State lines.. doesn't that take it right up to felony in a no tolerance State?)

"It was only pot." (It may be ONLY pot. But then it is ONLY beer to the alcoholic, and ONLY a line to a cocaine addict)

"I would have protected you." (Knowing what I know now he would have sung like a canary and sung false and untrue words to the tune if it had meant saving his own @$$ and slinging mine in a basket!)

"I am older and white, so I wouldn't profile and they never would look too hard at me." (Seems a highly arrogant AND racist statement?)

"We never would have been searched.. we look like an older couple out on vacation and don't profile.. out car is too nice and the back is filled with camping gear." (Yeah. Right.... and every addict out there drives a hunk of junk and never camps....)

So, I was very very very lucky. I never had to hear any of the above lines from jail, but I heard all of the above lines when I discovered what he was doing.

An addict can justify anything.. and play you like a tune if he needs to continue to use drugs.

I don't know about yours, but mine had quacking that sounded more like the Siren Song. Thank God I didn't run my ship aground on his rocks.
Old 05-26-2007, 05:30 AM
  # 5 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Jeez Elana, madness at it's finest!
Old 05-26-2007, 07:08 AM
  # 6 (permalink)  
A work in progress....

I've heard most of the above from my exah, but he isn't in jail. He went home to his momma (at age 53!!!!)

geeezzzz.......
Old 05-26-2007, 07:33 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Wow. I have heard alot of these, and AH has never been in jail.
Old 05-26-2007, 07:14 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
A work in progress....

Originally Posted by blues View Post
My all time favorite is:

You can't forget the past. You just keep building all these walls.
Boy have I heard that one a million times! Problem is, with my ex, if it happened two hours ago it's 'in the past' and I am bitter and unforgiving if I mention it.

Did you see the first Lion King movie, when the monkey konked the lion on the head with his walking stick and immediately said, 'why worry about it, it's in the past'?

Hmmm.....
Old 05-27-2007, 06:46 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

It's sad isn't it? They get themselves into a desperate situation where there is no doorway out.
Then, they dry out and have nothing but time to think all day long. Oh how their minds must be tormented.
They promise the MOON, the STARS and everything if we will just give them one more chance. They can't see that they have run out of chances.

My oldest just went back to jail for drugging while on probation. He's looking at 3-5 years. I told him I hope it was a mighty good high because your'e sure paying the ultimate price for it.

My youngest. Well, this is his 3rd time in jail. What can I say? He quacked and quacked till I just don't write to him any more. I can't even tell you what he looks like any more. It's like I haven't seen him since he was 17 and now he is 26. Except for a few jail visits, he's only been on the outside for a total of 1.5 yrs since he was 17. The astonishing thing: He does not do drugs or drink. Nope, he likes to steal things out of peoples cars. That's his high.

I hate it for these guys, and I hate it for myself. My children should not be drugging or in jail.
Old 05-27-2007, 07:27 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  

mama,i will be good....that was his line when he was a kid
now....
if you had not.........
if she had not..........(his wife.)

always quacking in or out of prison.