so, today was interesting... (lil guys update)

Old 05-25-2007, 05:12 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

so, today was interesting... (lil guys update)

i wanted to thank each and everyone of you for all your replies, prayers, experience - it means so much...

i had called dcfs to let them know that i would be happy to take lil guys if anything happened (they apparently had no records of anything from the last few months - til today) i just needed dcfs to take protective custody and grant me emergency guardianship - i also told them i hoped that sister would stay sober and do the right things because of the kids - i hope - i called my sister and her bf's cell phones and jeff actually answered - i asked if there was an address to send lil guys clothes, shoes, toy, etc - he said to use old address - i told him sister had told mom that house had been condemned (apparently flooded while they were on the extended holiday and ruined most of the house for the couple of months they were awol) and they were moving to hotel - he said no, sister lied - blah blah blah - he calls back a minute later and says maybe i should send clothes to my mom because they probably will move to a hotel soon - i just told him he sucked and he's a liar and i'll wait til i have an address... i called dcfs and they moved to interview everyone right away - if they were removing the kids they were going to call me - i haven't heard from them - i guess that's good - that sister and bf have to answer to dcfs at least - and that lil guys have someone closer looking out for them - i am at peace with that - i agree that there is a reason for everything and it's going to be ok - whatever happens will be ok and we will deal with it - i hope...

i'm glad dcfs is involved and my mom is involved and sister isn't using drugs - bf is a jerk but some things don't change - i hope he's being a good dad - now on with the weekend...

love and so many hugs,
s
Old 05-25-2007, 05:22 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

I am glad they have you to follow up on things with the lil guys. I pray that if anything is wrong, they will call you and the guys we be safe. Glad that you are assertive on this. I know this is a no brainer for you, but not all kids have someone looking out for them like you do for lil guys. God bless you!
Terri
Old 05-25-2007, 05:53 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  
cmc

I'm so relieved that you got through to someone who will keep an eye on things.
Old 05-25-2007, 06:25 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

Sounds like there is a plan in place for their safety. Enjoy your weekend. Hugs, Marle
Old 05-25-2007, 07:10 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

Looks like the lil guys have a guardian angel, you!
You're doing an awesome job.
Old 05-25-2007, 07:50 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  

That's sounds good hope dcf keeps a close eye on them. An maybe the neighbors will report them if they see anything going on..Will keep you an them in my prayers.
Old 05-25-2007, 08:51 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
On a tear

((((itiswhatitis)))) You, your sis and little guys are all in my prayers. Thank you for the update... keep us posted. They sound like the sweetest little angels.

((hugs))
Old 05-28-2007, 10:35 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Heard it all before

I will keep praying for those little guys.
I read your story a few days ago and I was so upset that I couldn't even reply. It just hit me so hard, I was crying.
Addiction is horrible and the way children have to suffer sickens me.
I am so glad that those kids have you looking out for them and loving them.
I'll keep them in my thoughts!
Old 05-29-2007, 06:07 AM
  # 9 (permalink)  
I'm HOME!!!!!

(((itis)))
Been wondering what was happening....keeping you and lil guys in my prayers. Thank God for people like you!!!!!!!!!!
Old 05-29-2007, 06:21 AM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Forum Leader

Originally Posted by itiswhatitis... View Post
- i am at peace with that - i agree that there is a reason for everything and it's going to be ok - whatever happens will be ok and we will deal with it - i hope...
And thats what matters.

Keeping you all in my prayers

(((Hugs)))
Cece
Old 05-29-2007, 08:02 AM
  # 11 (permalink)  

thanks everybody -

if you can believe it dcfs went to the house (urgently it seemed) and no one answered the door - dcfs called my mom and asked if she knew where they could be - mom asked if a van was there (it was) my mom said they were home, just not answering door - dcfs said there was nothing they could do if no one answered the door - SURELY people have not let dcfs in their home before? - this can't be a first for these investigators? i am still holding out hope that they won't use drugs because they really do love their kids but i thought they really loved their kids when they spent $75,000 on crack - and as we all know love alone doesn't stop an addict - so please keep the lil guys in your prayers - i am going to call sister and just ask her to keep in touch - i do want to send all the stuff to the lil guys and i want my kids to be able to have a relationship with their cousins - i really hope it will all be ok - i do...

thanks to all of you...

love,
s
Old 05-29-2007, 08:09 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  

AWW itis, my heart goes out. Here DCF can be ruthless and would never let a closed door stop them.
At least for now the concern is on file. Has your mom atleast been able to see the kids?
I thought of you when I saw kids at the beach wearing crocs this weekend. and I wanted to say, Ive known prideful, people get their kids back and toss away stuff sent to them. So Id wait just a bit...
Give your sister time to not be fearful...
HUgs and prayers
Old 05-29-2007, 08:11 AM
  # 13 (permalink)  

thats exactly what i was thinking too - i do want her to trust someone and know she doesn't have to do this on her own with that lowly bf - i will give her time...

thanks.

love,
s
Old 05-29-2007, 09:01 AM
  # 14 (permalink)  

In my expierience dcf WILL be back. If they have to get a court order they will come back. If there is kids in danger then they are pretty adamant. Keep calling dcf. Let them know the whole story from the condemned home, the living conditions to the parents just dumping them at your door only to come and take them like they did. To me if they arent opening the door, then it seems to make me feel they are hiding something.
Old 05-29-2007, 09:23 AM
  # 15 (permalink)  

i've been thinking about you and the lil guys - keeping them in my prayers - keep bugging dcfs to check on them - hopefully your sister will stay clean but if she doesn't then the boys will really need you in their corner.
Old 05-29-2007, 10:08 AM
  # 16 (permalink)  
On a tear

You are a good auntie and a good sis... keep on DCFS so that they do the followup...