Everything AND the kitchen sink

Old 05-25-2007, 07:10 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  

Everything AND the kitchen sink

but thats okay. For some reason everything keeps going wrong in my world. I've had some pretty serious health issues and so has RAH.

Work has been horribly stressful lately. Working for an attorney, everyone seems to blame the attorney's office for everything that goes wrong. Lenders, borrowers, sellers, realtors etc.....normally its because none of them communicate with eachother. Alot of them don't understand that their file isn't the only file I have to work on. They don't see that I have about 20 purchase closings left that are closing before the end of the month.

My air conditioning went out last night....its going to be in the mid to high 80's here this weekend and HUMID. Fortunately I won't be here. Me and hubby will be in the mountains enjoying a weekend off.

My kitchen sink has a leak we didn't know about and leaked about an inch of water into the cabinet below.....sheesh that was a big ol mess.....see I had a realllllllly crappy builder.

All this is happening and the house is only 4 years old.

But what is amazing is that before SR and before I started searching for peace in my life and some sort of serenity I would have just been freaking out right now. I'd have probably called the builder and cussed him out, I'd be getting angry with all the blame people lay on me as a paralegal because they can't take care of their own responsibilities. I'd be yelling at my husband even though none of this is really his fault. I'd just be realllllly pissy all the way around.

Its amazing that I am handling this without anger and rage. I am able to calmly talk to clients when they are looking for someone to blame without getting all defensive about it. Yes I still get mad sometimes, especially with one particular lender who seems to think its appropriate to call me pumpkin and sweetheart and sugar all the time in a condescending manner.

I am just grateful that I was able to find SR, find "real life" face to face people who are in the same situation as I am and can help me and grateful for a family that loves and cares about me. Oh yeah, lets not forget, being grateful for a husband that is clean and that I can enjoy spending time with.

I pray each night for my peacefulness and I pray that everyone else find a sort of peace that they are happy with as well. I pray each night for the addict that is still suffering.

SR has helped me more than I can say. All of you have touched me in some sort of way, whether it be to make me look at myself and see why I am reacting to something the way I am or whether it be to lend a shoulder to cry on or offer words of comfort in a time of need.

I am just grateful today and wanted to share this with you. All of you hold a special place in my heart.

Last edited by Jwife22; 05-25-2007 at 07:13 AM. Reason: I can't spell
Old 05-25-2007, 11:19 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
On a tear

(((Laura))) Recovery has also brought me these sorts of results... what I now realize is what they refer to as "serenity".

Thank you.
Old 05-25-2007, 11:31 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Your doing great.

Work has been horribly stressful lately. Working for an attorney, everyone seems to blame the attorney's office for everything that goes wrong. Lenders, borrowers, sellers, realtors etc.....normally its because none of them communicate with eachother. Alot of them don't understand that their file isn't the only file I have to work on. They don't see that I have about 20 purchase closings left that are closing before the end of the month.
I sure understand that!!
Old 05-25-2007, 02:43 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

Yay for SR!
Along with alanon, I have grown so much. I still learning how to deal with every day problems. Seems like every problem is such a gigantic one too.
But, my freaking out would only put me in the mental hospital, so I choose to
change the things I can, and accept what I can't change.
My life is no longer unmanagable!
Old 05-25-2007, 03:02 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Administrator

Laura, Thanks for sharing your experience here and where recovery has taken you. It's pretty awesome stuff isn't it?

I keep you and your husband in my prayers...Hope there is physical healing as well as the spiritual healing. Hugs
Old 05-25-2007, 04:59 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Bridge CLOSED

You are doing great, tho your builder does need a swift kick in the butt....
Old 05-29-2007, 07:14 AM
  # 7 (permalink)  

Thanks guys. It is great. A little over a year ago, I wanted to disappear and tell no one where I was. Its amazing what a little bit of focusing on ME instead of everyone else can do.
Old 05-29-2007, 07:56 AM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Southern through and through

Jwife,

I am the office manager for my husband's office. He's an attorney and the main bulk of our business is real estate. Man, oh man, can I identify with the stress you are talking about re your job! I think we need to do lunch.

I, like you, use the 12 step program to help me handle difficult clients. Never did I know when I started going to meetings that those very meetings and what I was learning would help me in all areas of my life. Like we read in every meeting, "Practice these pinciples in all my affairs."

I'm telling you some of our clients should be thanking their lucky stars that Mr. Hangin' and I have a program. Otherwise we would have killed someone by now.

Hang in there and thanks for sharing!

Hugs,
Hangin' In
Old 05-29-2007, 12:12 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

Hangin'....thanks!

See, our office is in a kind of high end area, you know, gated communities, etc....so some of the clients seem to think that I should do EVERYTHING for them. I can't, I won't and I don't but that doesn't make them happy.

I swear, some days, I really feel like just telling some of them exactly what I think but then I know better.