SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   back from brain surgery :) (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/124123-back-brain-surgery.html)

outonalimb 05-21-2007 01:11 PM

back from brain surgery :)

yep...

I had my operation on Thursday morning.
The pain was pretty intense until about noon today.
In fact, I had to go back to emergency and get some tests run and stronger pain meds but I feel alot better this afternoon.

Let me tell ya...that was no walk in the park.
That was some major surgery! But my family and exah have been so good to me. My room is full of flowers and cards...my fridge is full of wonderful home cooked meals...and most of all, my heart is full of love and gratitude. It stinks to feel so sick and helpless but it sure does warm the heart to know that so many people love and care about you (not that I didn't know this before mind you, but sometimes things like this brings it all to the surface, ya know?)

Anyway, I'm grateful to be feeling better today.
I don't know if I'll be on the site for a while as I mend...but I know you all sent lots of prayers my way and I want you all to know that I'm okay and on the road to recovery!!

Hope all is well with everyone!!!
Hugs and gratitutde...

Mary

Cynay 05-21-2007 01:19 PM

WOOOOHOOOO

Welcome Home!!!!! Im sooo gad that is over ... now why are you on the computer... you should be sleeping!!!!! Recover !!!!!

Jewelz 05-21-2007 01:20 PM

I hope you feel better soon. Keep taking care of yourself and I am so glad you have people around you to help out. Sending prayers for a speedy recovery.

hugs,
Jewel

WENDYLOST101 05-21-2007 01:28 PM

I am glad everything went well. I hope you have a speedy recovery.

marle 05-21-2007 01:33 PM

Mary, Sending prayers for a speedy recovery and hope to see you back here really soon. Hugs, Marle

cmc 05-21-2007 01:36 PM

I'm so happy to hear that all is well and so many are there to help should you need it.
Please rest and get well soon!
hugs,
cmc

greeteachday 05-21-2007 01:46 PM

Mary, I've been thinking about you and praying for you every day. I'm so glad you could check in. Wow, for someone who had major surgery...brain surgery for goodness sake, you sound terrific and i can't believe this is just 4 days after the surgery.

I'm so glad your pain is easing...I can not imagine the kind of headache you must have. I'm grateful that you have your family and friends to help you so you can focus on healing.

Be good to yourself and don't push it. Let your little guy pamper you for a change! So very happy all is well! Lots of love, hugs and prayers.

http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k2...StormyAmbi.jpg

cece1960 05-21-2007 01:48 PM

Woohoo!
YOU relax...we got you cevered (in prayers and wishes for speedy recovery!)

frankie_b 05-21-2007 02:39 PM

I'm very glad to hear you are feeling better and that you let us know how you are.
Now, just rest and heal, eat yummy home cooking and be the recovery Queen for awhile.
Huge hug

dollydo 05-21-2007 02:46 PM

Just relax and take care of you...I am so glad to hear that you are on the mend.

teke 05-21-2007 03:11 PM

i'm so glad to hear that you are feeling a little better, take care of yourself and get plenty of rest. we'll be here when you are able. love ya and will continue to pray for a speedy recovery

deedee 05-21-2007 03:29 PM

(((mary)))

I've been thinking about you and am so glad you checked in. I'm sorry the pain is so intense and hope it continues to abate. I'm glad you're surrounded by love and will continue prayers for your complete healing.

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u...ellflowers.gif

Wascally Wabbit 05-21-2007 03:38 PM

Mary,
I am so glad you got through the surgery.
Enjoy the recovery, and let everyone wait on you!

marteen 05-21-2007 04:10 PM

I came on here today to see if you had posted on how you made out. I have kept you in my thoughts and prayers. I am so happy to hear that you are doing better. I had a feeling you were in for a lot more than you realized or they told you.

Still keeping you in my prayers. You just take care of yourself - you hear! Get all the rest you need and take advantage of everyone helping you. You'll have plenty of time to return the favors down the road!

Hugs & prayers,
marteen

notsleepingwell 05-21-2007 04:14 PM

Thank God you're back!!! We've been praying for yu!!!

historyteach 05-21-2007 04:31 PM

My prayers for your complete refuah shleyma...renewal of body and spirit. :amen
I'm glad everyone is there for you...you deserve to be treated well. :hug:

Shalom!

Jen 05-21-2007 05:00 PM

Thanks for checking in with us. I've been praying you had a successful surgery and it sounds as though you're doing well.

Remember, let them take care of "you" and get the much needed rest! I'm also praying for a speedy recovery with the rest of the SR 'gang'!!

Jen

Elana 05-21-2007 06:03 PM

Your job is to get better.
Prayers that this process is quick and uneventful!

mooselips 05-21-2007 06:20 PM

1 Attachment(s)
Oh, I'm so glad you checked in!
You take your time, and rest up and heal!