21 years is long enough

Old 05-21-2007, 11:13 AM
  # 1 (permalink)  
ebv

21 years is long enough

My story began in 1986, met a wonderful guy just out of the marines, went togeather for 6 years, broke up because of drugs and his friend, his friend went to prison, we tried in 1997, 2005 and now again this is the worst I've seen him, he told me he quit selling meth, I wanted to believe him but I didn't, I know him to well, A friend and I found him at his buddys house, I went to see what he was doing, my friend stayed in the car, he went out to my car to get a smoke (didn't have his own ) while I stayed on the porch, I went back out to the car to see if my friend wanted to stay awhile but she was so upset over something I had to leave, once we were on our way home she told me he had pulled a very big bag of meth out of his back pocket and showed it to her, that was two weeks ago and I haven't seen him since (talked to him on the phone once, I didn't mention anything to him) he knows not to come around me when he's useing, afew days ago my daughter called me (not his but he raised her) and said he called her to meet him in a parking lot down town she did, (she's recovering herself and doing better than she ever has) he was going to pay her to get pills for him to make meth, she told him "no" then noticed all the makings of a meth lab in the back of his truck, she told him she had to leave and took off. I don't know if this is a cry for help or he's so far gone he doesn't know what he's doing, you don't pull a bag of dope out of your pocket and show someone you don't even know plus drive around town in broad daylight with a lab in the back of your truck, I'd appreciate any thoughts on this please. Last night I called his brother about an intervention he's going to call the rest of the family and talk to them about it, the only one we'll have a hard time convincing is his mom whom he lives with, he never has money so she thinks he's not doing anything wrong. I'll keep everyone posted, right now we really need prayers. thank you so much for listening.
Old 05-21-2007, 11:35 AM
  # 2 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

ebv, sending prayers..
Old 05-21-2007, 11:37 AM
  # 3 (permalink)  
ebv

thanks so much.
Old 05-21-2007, 12:16 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

honey, you have my prayers. i am so glad you found us.i am glad your daughter is doing good & i hate it that your "man" isn't. first off read all the sticky at the top of the forum. there is nothing you can do to make him stop using.it only gets worse till the addict decides he has had enough.you have to let go or be dragged.i am sorry for all of your pain. keep coming back,let us know how u r.the addict in my life is my son.i will be saying prayers for u & your family,hope
Old 05-21-2007, 12:50 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  
Jujubee Queen

ebv,
Welcome to Sober Recovery.

I think the title of your post says it all.
21 years is long enough....

yep, you're right, that's a LONG time.

Hugs,
Old 05-21-2007, 03:38 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
grateful rca

welcome ebv, your situation sound so much like mine, i had to check to see where you live. been married 21 yrs to a marine, and he's still active, trying to act like he's not. well i think they are alike any way, i just want you to know that i'll keep you guys in my prayers
Old 05-21-2007, 04:42 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
I'm no angel!

Yes, 21 years is a long time, a long time for you to put your life on hold, hoping and praying for a miracle, one that may never come.

Keep in mind, no matter what happens he will always be an addict, it's just a matter of whether he is active or not..that's it.

You didn't cause it, you can't control it, and you certainly cannot cure it...it is up to him, he is an adult, he makes his own choices, another cannot force recovery.

I wish you the best,
Old 05-21-2007, 05:03 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Peace Hope Love

Welcome EBV - we are glad your here! Your in my prayers /m
Old 05-21-2007, 05:08 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

EBV, Welcome to SR. My addict is my daughter. Sending some hugs and prayers, Marle
Old 05-21-2007, 05:15 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

Hi ebv,
Have you been to an alanon meeting? It helps me tremendously. I have an addict son who is 28.
Old 05-21-2007, 05:39 PM
  # 11 (permalink)  

ebv welcome,

An intervention is a good start, have you attempted that with him in the past?

My concern would be the meth lab in the back of his truck, the chemicals that need to be used are dangerous enough let alone by someone who is active. Let alone the innocent people it could hurt if it blows up.
Old 05-22-2007, 08:25 AM
  # 12 (permalink)  
ebv

Thanks to everyone for their replies, and no this is the first intervention, guess we start there then rehab. and finally get him out of his hometown (hopefully)

thanks again