relationship addiction

Old 05-16-2007, 04:40 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

relationship addiction

Im re-reading my favorite book :Woman who love too much.

It describes obsessive love or a relationship addict parralleling with addictive use of a drug.

Here is an example:
Early in each relationship their is an initial high, or a feeling of euphoria and excitement as she beleived she had found her deepest needs for attention, love and emotional security might be met. believing this she became more and more dependant on the man and the relationship to feel good. Then as an addict who must use more of a drug or it produces less of an effect, she is driven to pursue the relationship harder as it gives her last satisfaction and fullfillment. Trying to sustain what often felt so wonderful, and so promising, she slavishly dogged her man, needing more contact, more reassurance, more love as she received less and less. The worst the situation became, the harder it was to let go because of teh depth of her need. She could not quit.

I am posting this because I know many of us can relate, I know Ive been there
Old 05-16-2007, 04:58 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  
grateful rca

THANKS cinder, i guess i can relate to that, too
Old 05-16-2007, 05:11 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

It goes on to say this:

We use our obsession with men we love to avoid our pain, emptiness, fear and anger. We use relationships, as drugs, to avoid experiencing what we would feel if we held still with ourselves. The more painful the interactions with our man the more distraction it provides. Without a man with whom to focus we experience similar physical and emotional with drawals as drug withdrawal would effect us. We experience nausea, sweating, chills, shaking, pacing, obsessive thinking, inability to sleep, panic and anxiety attacks. In effort to relieve these symptoms we reeturn to our last lover or desparately seek a new one