SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information

SoberRecovery : Alcoholism Drug Addiction Help and Information (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/)
-   Friends and Family of Substance Abusers (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/)
-   -   My Speech on Crack (https://www.soberrecovery.com/forums/friends-family-substance-abusers/123741-my-speech-crack.html)

INLOVEWITHCH 05-16-2007 03:24 PM

My Speech on Crack

Even though I did not get any responses with help to my speech, I just wanted to let you all know that I did do a speech in front of my speech class about Crack, how it effects the user and how it effects those who love them. In the middle of the speech when I got the part of what my BF looked like 6 days after his relapse, I looked up and saw 2 girls in the back of class crying their eyes out. At that point, I had to compose myself and continue with the speech. Those girls had to leave the classroom and I had to listen to the next speech holding back tears. After class I found them outside and they asked me for a copy of the speech because they said that I hit everything right on. (Apparently their sister is a crack addict). They told me that my speech took a lot of courage and guts because to openly talk about what I talked about was hard... and it was. I ended up getting a 80 on that speech because I went over on time (I did not care through... I had a message to deliver) and because of not enough eye contact (how could I look up knowing that those girls were crying???.. lol.... Anyway, I just wanted to let you all know.

Also, this semester even though my BF relapsed in the middle of the semester, I still got striaght A's. Go Me!!! Go Me!!!!

hope213 05-16-2007 03:40 PM

i am so proud of you with your stright a's. you go girl. getting the message across was more important than a grade?you are wonderful.....i bet that there were others there that you touched also. just stay sweet. hugs, hope

Astro 05-16-2007 03:44 PM

Sounds like a wonderful speech, I hope you're proud of yourself. Many thanks to you for carrying the message, I hope my kids get to hear it someday.

Ladybugg 05-16-2007 04:52 PM

:ny9

Congratulations on your A's, I know how hard it must be to focus with all you have going on!!! Great Job!!

teke 05-16-2007 05:16 PM

i'm so proud of you too. congratulations on the grades and i'm praying that your bf finds his way soon

marle 05-16-2007 05:18 PM

That must have been so hard for you to do. Congratulations on doing it and on your great grades. Be proud of you. Hugs, Marle

Spiritual Seeker 05-16-2007 05:33 PM

A speech works best when the topic is what we know and it reaches the audience in a personal way. You sound like a success. The rewards you get from real accomplishments will build and mean so much more than the temporary reward of a high. You are on a very fine path. Hold your head up and keep it up!!

rahsue 05-16-2007 06:48 PM

woo hoo!!!!!!!! that's the way to do it congrats

Elana 05-16-2007 07:04 PM

I think you are doing GREAT. You go girl.

bookmiser 05-16-2007 07:45 PM

InLove,

http://i81.photobucket.com/albums/j2...the52a39d6.gif
Congratulations on the hard work at school.
You should be so proud of yourself on that essay.
Keep up the good work.
Your goin' places, gf.

Hugs,
Linda

BlvninGod 05-16-2007 08:37 PM

You Go! 'I AM WORTHY' in motion!

BigSis 05-16-2007 08:48 PM

Passion brings excellence. I don't know which direction you are headed with your education, but your passion around this subject might help you choose a path about which you can be... passionate.

(((congratulations)))

Jewelz 05-17-2007 07:50 AM

wow congraulations, I would be interested in reading your speech. if your willing to post it but if not I understand.. go you!!

Doxie Love 05-17-2007 08:23 AM

I never post but read daily this SR forum which I find very informative. I want to say I am very proud of you for your courage and strength to get up in front of a class and tell your story. Trying not to be nosey, but would love to read it if you would like to share. Again, you are one brave young girl.

Doxie Love

Hangin' In 05-17-2007 08:50 AM

InLOVE,

Good for you. Educating the public is always a good idea.

My AD, who is working a program and presently sober and clean today, did an informative speech on alcoholism/addiction in her speech class this semester. This is how she began:

"When you were a child, did you have dreams of what you wanted to be when you grew up? I know I did. I always thought I'd be a doctor or a famous singer. Never did I think I would grow up to say, 'Hi, my name is _____ and I'm an alcoholic."

Never has this mama been so proud. I told her I bet her opening line got the class' attention, probably more so than the girl who did her speech on how to properly hit a softball... :lmao... not that properly hitting a softball is not important, but ... well, you know what I mean. :)

susieque5 05-17-2007 05:54 PM

Thank you for doing this...I wish I had heard your speech 4 years ago. Being naive about drugs, maybe I would have recognized my exah and gone through a lot less pain. Again, you did good girl!
Hugs,
Susie

tropikgal2 05-17-2007 06:32 PM

THat is SUPER DUPER!!! Way to go!!

INLOVEWITHCH 05-18-2007 07:30 AM

Thank you alll soo much!!!!! It was a very hard semester, and now that its over, I have also come to realize that I hid a lot behind my schooling. Now that I have time to see and think, etc. I am seeing things in my guy that I did not see before... its not looking good for our relationship. Althoug I am not at the point of completely giving up right now, I see it in the near future. What a shame!!!
I will post my speech soon,,,, just dont have time right now.
Thanks again