off topic

Old 05-16-2007, 08:35 AM
  # 21 (permalink)  
Heard it all before

My Grandfather used to have a big garden when I was a kid. He grew up on a farm and knew a lot about planting, etc. To this day, I think there is nothing better in the world than biting into a cherry tomato right from the vine, after it's been growing in the beautiful warm sunlight. Mmmmmm!
One of my favorite parts (besides eating the cherry tomatoes!) was when he used to start out all the plants as little seedlings just like you are doing. He used to plant them in little cups and leave them on the windowsill and I would check them everyday to see if there was anything happening. One day there would be nothing there and the next morning you would see the little buds poking through the soil and growing! I was always so thrilled!
Thanks for reminding me of one of the favorite things about my childhood and my Grandpa!
Good luck with the growing!
Old 05-16-2007, 08:35 AM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Thanks Cinder, your turtles are so cute. Yeah I figured that it was only things like sticking your hands in your mouth after touching them, but I have had so many people tell me you cant have a turtle around your son. I should have known better. I think I will definitely plan on the turtles. I am excited about that now.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:36 AM
  # 23 (permalink)  

Ourbigsecret. I am glad I could remind you of something so special. That is one of the reasons I am doing it. For my son. I want to give him wonderful memories like this to remember.
Old 05-16-2007, 08:48 AM
  # 24 (permalink)  

Ok, Im in. My daughter brought home from school some kind of tree and she brought home what I think is either tomatoe or bean sprouts. Ive been looking for something to do with the kiddos this week and a planting excursion is in order for today!
Old 05-16-2007, 09:02 AM
  # 25 (permalink)  

Gwen, it really is something fun to do witht the kids. Especially checking it everyday to see if anything has grown.
Old 05-16-2007, 11:03 AM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Use Miracle Gro soil (mix in with dirt) when planting outside...it works wonders!!
Old 05-16-2007, 11:48 AM
  # 27 (permalink)  

Miracle Gro is what we used in the majority of our pots and we sure could tell a difference in the ones we used plain ol bagged potting soil.

You guys have just gotten me so excited about being able to do my little patio garden again this year! its soooo relaxing!
Old 05-16-2007, 01:25 PM
  # 28 (permalink)  
'Round and 'Round I Go....

A big green thumbs up!
Old 05-16-2007, 01:38 PM
  # 29 (permalink)  

Hey Cupi. How ya been?
Old 05-16-2007, 01:45 PM
  # 30 (permalink)  

Doing good. Learning to be happy with the me that I am now discovering. Losing weight. Eating healthy. Living a life without addiction around is actually quite nice once you get used to it.

Do you remember Wildbucky_13? She hasn't logged on in a while. I'm taking a trip out to her area for the State Fair and to meet up with her.
Old 05-16-2007, 01:50 PM
  # 31 (permalink)  

Cool, Have fun
Old 05-16-2007, 02:37 PM
  # 32 (permalink)  

Cupi, of course I remember April. We seemed to have alot in common with our children and everything. I am so glad you are doing good and losing weight. I am trying, ok semi-trying, but not working too good. I am definitely a stress eater! I am so happy you are getting to take a trip. Tell her I am thinking of her and miss her and wish her well. Be safe.
Old 05-16-2007, 02:38 PM
  # 33 (permalink)  

I have been planting stuff too..
I have no little kids around but I bet that is fun for your baby boy.
I never realized that you lived in Alabama.
I have a bestfriend that lives in Oneonta (sp?) and I just visited her in March.
We went to the Zoo in birmingham and the comedy club.
I liked the south!
ANYWAY, I got my tomatoes planted and I think i am going to plant peppers and onions too.
I am into working outside so much, I can't drag myself inside to catch up on my laundry!!!
Have fun!!
Old 05-16-2007, 03:16 PM
  # 34 (permalink)  
grateful rca

good for you wendy, i think like you did, wonder if i try to plant something will it sprout for me too. i can't do live plants i don't think
Old 05-17-2007, 05:46 AM
  # 35 (permalink)  

ladybugg, I dont live but about 20 minutes away from Oneonta. I wish I had known. The Birmingham Zoo is one of my favorite places on this earth. Maybe next time you take a trip down here we can get together.

Teke, give it a try. I only have tiny little sprouts so far, but I am so excited about it. ASnd here lately I dont feel like I have much to get excited about, so... Its fun Teke. Just do it.
Old 05-17-2007, 07:24 AM
  # 36 (permalink)  

You're doing positive things for yourself and that's what's important. All will fall into place as time goes on. Keep doing little positive things and eventually they will turn into bigger and more things.

I'm a total stress eater too....that's how I started gaining the massive amount of weight. My AH stressed me out and I sought out comfort food...took solace in it. Then it became an eating habit. I had no choice but to make changes for health reasons. But now I am proud to say...that I was once bigger than a size 18 pants but am now a size 14! (But the "Avenue" store size 14...there is a difference...they run bigger.) I nearly died when I put on the pair of size 14 pants.

I will definitely tell April you send her greetings. I am so looking forward to seeing her. We've been chatting it up on the phone and we can talk for hours. She is absolutely great!
Old 05-17-2007, 07:48 AM
  # 37 (permalink)  

Awww Cupi, I am so happy for you and so jealous at the same time. I would not know how to act if I could fit into a size 14 pants. Even a big 14. I would be peeing in my pants.
Old 05-17-2007, 08:11 AM
  # 38 (permalink)  

Thank you...I was actually shaking.