Blogs

Notices

A Penny For Your Thought, Part 9

Old 05-17-2007, 02:04 PM
  # 161 (permalink)  

ARGH my bank is famous for that I hate it just hate it!!!! Then they get me to apply for overdraft then say I dont make enough money huh but your ok taking 35 bucks for a 10cent error the money I dont make enough of!!!! ARGHH dont get me started lol
  # 162 (permalink)  
grateful rca

Originally Posted by laketime View Post
By The Way, Will This Thread Ever End????????????
didn't know that it would last this long, but for me, its sure beneficial most days.,
  # 163 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

As long as the higher ups dont close it I doubt this thread would ever close it.

I am just so glad I've been down for this whole week. I am going to treat myself to a decent dinner tonight, ordering italian.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:05 PM
  # 164 (permalink)  

It Is Robbery Of The Worst Kind I Tell You, Lower Than A Car Dealer, Even An Insurance Salesman
Old 05-17-2007, 02:07 PM
  # 165 (permalink)  
grateful rca

No, Lol Im A Car Dealer, Isnt That On The Other End Of The Law. I Just Know From Paying My Kids Overdrafts On Their Debit Cards, Which Is A Rip Off, Another Way For The Bank To Pick Up Fees, Think About It Its An Electronic Transaction, They Know If You Have A Balance, But They Pay It And Charge You The Fee, If You Have A Credit Card They Wont Let You Charge Over You Limit, But The Banks Love It.
btw, i did catch that!

car dealer being on the other side of the law, i know that from experience. the last new car i bought, i got TAKEN BAD. should be a law against what happened with me and that car.LOL
Old 05-17-2007, 02:10 PM
  # 166 (permalink)  
grateful rca

It Is Robbery Of The Worst Kind I Tell You, Lower Than A Car Dealer, Even An Insurance Salesman
please don't tell me insurance salesmen too, omg
and then they have IT so we have to have them. well gotta go get my son, i'm already a little late, be back shortly
Old 05-17-2007, 02:10 PM
  # 167 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

Right now my account is a neg balance cause this week was a killer esspecially when Mike was sick. So I just went into my overdraft account to cover my expenses. I hate overdraft even though it helps me cause sometimes I think the bank holds charges and then when they see the account going down they start applying the charges to the account.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:16 PM
  # 168 (permalink)  

ROFL I had $5 in an account and they allowed AH to make 5 separate $60 withdrawls, of course charging $35 for each and now plus interest. COurse that was long ago, but cmon even a bank has to know someone going to different gas station ATMs at 2 am for $60 30 minutes apart, is not right. They even charge $35 for their non bank $2 fees

This thread must NEVER end. It keeps us sane. To many of us wouldnt post otherwise.

Teke, Im not sure if doing this will not cause more drama, that scares me. She was doing it for BIL mainly cause its the third time each 2 weeks apart he's asked someone about detox. They just refuse to take him he's been so many times before. Last time they gave him $2 and a bus schedule. Today there were no beds when they called, and of course he didnt want to wait he wondered off. AH will convince him he doesnt need it and life will go on how it has been. So we are offering a way out...
Atleast we've all stopped enabling SIL wouldnt even give a roll of toilet paper when he asked. How sad?

My poor dump of a house. Wanna here something funny? We did a probono(free) case for boss AA buddy who had a reckless driving leaving scene of accident ticket. Got him off on a small complication. Boss told the guy it was free but there were secretarial charges and if they wanted to offer anything to me it would be nice. Wife said give her my number, and anything she needs, house cleaning or yard work we'll get some people there. Little did they know, they are going to clean my house after we get the drunk crackheads out.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:17 PM
  # 169 (permalink)  

My accounts negative $117 now, but my car payment was paid
Old 05-17-2007, 02:24 PM
  # 170 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

mine is neg $275 as of right now thats including the hundred dollars for charges.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:28 PM
  # 171 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Jewelz View Post
mine is neg $275 as of right now thats including the hundred dollars for charges.

You win, except I dont get paid again until the 31st.

Just kidding bout the winning part. We all do what we gotta do, right. Even if it is barrowing money from the bank, which BTW is cheaper than pawn charges or high interest credit cards
Old 05-17-2007, 02:38 PM
  # 172 (permalink)  

Speaking of overdrafts. My as kept withdrawing till it got to a -$800. I called them and said how can you let someone withdraw that much money with no money in their account without setting off alarms? They said the machine doesn't know. Well, as it turns out, why would they care, they just took the $800 out of my account. Turned out to be a snowball effect. Then I didn't have enough money for all the bills I had just paid.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:38 PM
  # 173 (permalink)  

Ill Give You And Update About As, Weve Still Left Him In Jail, I Got A Letter, His Mom Got A Letter, And We Had Three Letters For 15yr Old Agf In With Ours That He Expected Us To Deliver, Lol. Anyway Theres A Lot Of Im Sorry And I Feel Bad About Not Being Part Of The Family And You Were Only My Dad For 18 Years When You Had To, And Now Im Booted Out , Quack, Quack, Still Not One Word About A Plan For Recovery. So I Wrote Back And Just Reiterated That We Loved Him, We Would Pay For His 1st Month At A Halfway, And That All These Consequences Were The Result Of His Choices Not Ours. I Also Wrote That He Was Not Welcome At Home If They Do Let Him Out. I Wrote He Can Blame Us But We Don't Believe Him, Hes Had A Lot More Opportunities Than Most Kids. I Just Don't Know What Else We Can Do, If We Truly Want To Help Him.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:39 PM
  # 174 (permalink)  

Anvil, I truly believe BIL only wanted help hoping to move back in with his sister or mom, and they told him flat out that wasnt gonna happen this time. He always goes to detox when he's homeless and they always have taken him in. For his sake Im glad they will not this time. Actually AH always said they were killing him when they did, so I cant imagine where his pride is feeling now. But not my problem.

I got thinking about it and does he really think Im going to leave him to die in my home? Come on, not gonna happen. When he was on probation and running from warrants I always had him picked up eventually, when it was obvious he wasnt gonna handle it himself and he was wrapped in the same cycle...although never this bad
Old 05-17-2007, 02:41 PM
  # 175 (permalink)  

Laketime, I beleive you are doing the right thing, now the choice is his to grow up
Old 05-17-2007, 02:41 PM
  # 176 (permalink)  

Originally Posted by Louise54 View Post
Speaking of overdrafts. My as kept withdrawing till it got to a -$800. I called them and said how can you let someone withdraw that much money with no money in their account without setting off alarms? They said the machine doesn't know. Well, as it turns out, why would they care, they just took the $800 out of my account. Turned out to be a snowball effect. Then I didn't have enough money for all the bills I had just paid.

They took it from yours? I didnt know that was possible.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:42 PM
  # 177 (permalink)  

Is this the show your daughter will be on? I GOTTA WATCH!!! Of course we well I know I will miss u immensly your posts are so articulate and interesting I look forward every morning for the last evening update. So u check in now u hear!!!!
Old 05-17-2007, 02:43 PM
  # 178 (permalink)  

My Oldest Was The Worlds Worst About Odrafting His Debit Card , He Graduating Colledge In December With A Degree In ----wait A Minute, Listen=-----accounting, Ta Da
Old 05-17-2007, 02:44 PM
  # 179 (permalink)  

Of course we will miss you anvil? Believe me Ill still be emailing you with my chaos? You cant escape.
Old 05-17-2007, 02:46 PM
  # 180 (permalink)  

Please I dont want to think about checking accts or balances. I got my car $ in my acct and just to see what I had left I went and looked and I'm near broke and still havent paid for my car I suck......... Well got a letter from work and for some reason they are paying me severence huh? I didnt think people who got fired got severence somethings up I can feel it. but I will take that check thank u very much