A Penny For Your Thought, Part 9

Old 05-19-2007, 05:04 AM
  # 321 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

teke, I triple dare you to call. No harm in just going out or even just saying hi on the phone to leave the door open or him to ask you out. Go and do it whats thr worst that can happen.....
Old 05-19-2007, 05:09 AM
  # 322 (permalink)  
grateful rca

the guy is kind of fun to shoot pool with, i had a missed call this morning, it was my mom so i checked my messages, and found that he had called 3 times instead of two, but i never got the call, and i don't know why, its my phone. anyway i never returned any of his calls so i've never gotten the chance to talk to him on the phone.

the problem with this is that the second time i met him my sis was with me, and i found out that he dated my cousin for about 2 months maybe 6-7 yrs ago, i asked him what happened and he just said that she's married now, she's been married that long too. sounds like she may have met him right before she got married. my sis seem to have a slite problem with him being interested in me because of that, but she insist on him being a really nice guy only thing is, she says is, that he dated my cousin. what do you guys think about that? could i still be friends with him? he already knows that i'm married and been seperated for so long off and on, and he knows that i think men can be just platonic friends. those are really the only kind that i trust when it comes to friends except for you girls here.

feed back please.
Old 05-19-2007, 05:14 AM
  # 323 (permalink)  

I wouldnt let him dating your cousin stop u from being his friend. Its platonic hes fun and u have fun with him. Treat him like one of your gf's thats all dont read into it just go with the flow. U seem to be comfortable around him enough to call him a friend so just go for it. I usually like to call when I know they arent going to answer lol then see if the call back. Just my weird way of doing things.
Old 05-19-2007, 05:22 AM
  # 324 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i guess i do want to call, but i guess i'm sooo afraid, i've not even thought about going out having fun like that but once since i've been married, thats a long time to be out of practice. i ended up falling for the guy and that was another story, but ah and him mom convinced me that i was doing wrong and i ended up taking ah back and not seeing the other guy anymore, and this was after almost 3 yrs of being seperated from my ah. he found out that i was seeing someone else and after 3 yrs, here he comes along with him mom, with all of this "i love you and i gotta have you" drama and i went for it like a dummy. didn't take long for him to start is old behavior again, either
Old 05-19-2007, 05:22 AM
  # 325 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

he dated your cousin years ago and it wasnt serious so i dont see a problem with you going out as friends for now. Oh give him a call he called you three times.. call even if it is just to say hi and whats up.

gotta go michael finally woke up.
Old 05-19-2007, 05:29 AM
  # 326 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i think i want to call and you guys are gonna double dog dare me, wow!!!! my ah would have a fit, i think but maybe not. i know he's not sitting around waiting on me to chase him down. my kids may have a fit too. one of my daughters were with me at the cafe' and met him too, she seemed to have had a good time laughing with us. but these last two, don't want me to talk to noone but dad. they are just fine with him being gone, they are kind of used to him not being around long but talking to another man, they gotta be all upset seems like it, gotta know "who is THAT"
Old 05-19-2007, 05:35 AM
  # 327 (permalink)  

Dont worry would they act that way if it was one of your GF's your the parent and u deserve to have friends to hang out with even if they are male's no harm in that. I have alot of guy friends my fiance doesnt care its not like I am doing anything with them he knows. My generation its totally normal to have guy friends and just friends.

Quadruple dog dare u!!!!!!!
Old 05-19-2007, 05:36 AM
  # 328 (permalink)  
grateful rca

BTW KJ, i would love to just call when i know he's not gonna answer the call but i don't know when that could be. says that he's just quit his job, but hes a retired military man, so i don't know. don't know much about him at all except he's a really nice mannerable guy, says my sis.
Old 05-19-2007, 05:39 AM
  # 329 (permalink)  
grateful rca

my sis and my cousin used to hang out together back then before she got married, so my sis has been seeing him around for about that long too. i think she kind of talked to him about the cousin thing and he came to me looking kind of disappointed about whatever she had said to him but he still called me the next day.
Old 05-19-2007, 05:53 AM
  # 330 (permalink)  

FInally got a chance to catch up here and I wanted to add Anvil u and your daughter are just so beautiful looked liked u guys were having such a blast. Well off to the Dr's this morning Scotts back is really bad lately. Then off to work. Well I got one weekend off.
Old 05-19-2007, 06:04 AM
  # 331 (permalink)  
grateful rca

kj, have a great day, and i hope it gets better too, now that scotts back. now maybe its time to kind of practice what you know.
Old 05-19-2007, 10:04 AM
  # 332 (permalink)  

ok Teke just call him already..............what do you have to lose? Maybe it will be fun...........you should try right. Remember we are suppose to be doing something nice for ourselves..........................
you guys say that all the time, so I think you should do this for YOU!
Good luck

Cindi....ghood luck with the family
Everyone else try to have a great day
Old 05-19-2007, 10:07 AM
  # 333 (permalink)  
grateful rca

don't know yall, i'm just scared to death to think about that. maybe i'm still thinking that there is something wrong with me, my ah did a number on my confidence and self esteem. excuses, excuses, thats all i have
Old 05-19-2007, 10:58 AM
  # 334 (permalink)  
grateful rca

ok yall, i did it, my daughter just told me that i was to old for a date. anyway, i made the call and he answered, said that i was welcome to come hang out with him, and i just told him that i had a lot to do today and that i thought about going back to the cafe' tonite or tomorrow. i asked him why would i dream about him and how weird that was, and about the kids being there, and he just laughed. said that he would give me a call later. oh yeah, i did tell him that i called just to say hi and that i didnt' want him to think that i was just ignoring his calls that my daughter has my phone most of the time when we are home and i just don't always get my calls or messages. was that good or not?

don't know what i've done, don't know anything about having a friend since its been over 10 or more yrs since i even talked to anyone else outside of my ah. even when he was in jail, the whole time(2yrs) i didnt' go anywhere fun without 7 kids, 3 in laws and 7 grandbabies. this is something so new to me. so what do i do now?
Old 05-19-2007, 01:09 PM
  # 335 (permalink)  

Well u called how fun!!! The ball is in his court now and I just know he will call u to hang out. U put it out there and now he knows its cool to call u again. I cant imagine what its like talking to a different man especially since u have only spoken to your husband in so lllloooonnnnngggg!!! Just remember its Teke Time!!!

Well I went to the job today and realized that it wasnt through the big company and pretty much its a perimid (sp) thing and I dont want to do that. No benefits nothing and I dont get taxes taken out so it would be like I owned my own company type of deal. Not really what I was looking for plus too much to loose if it doesnt work with the unemployment and everything its 100% commission and that scares me especially when its something I have never done. Plus alot of training that is all done on my time. SCARY. Plus I do have some severence coming so for now I will just keep plugging out the ol resume and something will come up. All I can say is that man is one hell of a salesman he really made it sound like this is the best job since sliced bread type of deal. I wish I would have known all this b4 hand. Well at least I know I interview well.

So while I was training for FREE today Scott got alot done outside and is out doing the shopping now. I HATE shopping. He likes it. I gotta go mop though while I still have the ambition to do it. Sipping on a beer enjoying the weather here its just so nice out. Have I mentioned I hate a white kitchen floor always looks dirty cant stand it.
Old 05-19-2007, 03:23 PM
  # 336 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i hate white kitchen floors too kj, the last place i lived had a huge kitchen with snow while kitchen tile. hard work that was. glad that you don't have to do the shopping since you hate doing it, maybe you'll find time to do something you like, oh i forgot, you are already out chilling huh! good for you.

sorry about the job, just means that you haven't gotten to that right door that your hp has already open waiting on you. a job working commission is something that i just don't think that i could make a living doing. i can't sell anything, maybe i'm just too shy or something. you'll find that perfect job and in the meantime i'll just keep praying that you do.

talking to a new man do feel weird, i was feeling all giddy. how silly. i guess i'll be ok, don't remember how to do this, thank god, i can come to you guy and ask questions.
Old 05-19-2007, 06:55 PM
  # 337 (permalink)  

hey all, just checking in to say hi. teke, thats so awesome that you called him - YOU GO GIRL!!!! KJ, sorry about the job too, i'm sure something great is going to come along. hope everyone else had a good day, mine kinda sucked, but i won't bore you all with the details of my issues with my parents and brother. talk you all later!
Old 05-19-2007, 07:13 PM
  # 338 (permalink)  

Wow alot happened while I was gone today. Teke are you home or at the cafe?

Wasnt it you who convinced me NOT to go shrimping? Ive totally blown that man off and feeling bad about it, but I know all my feelings are just too mixed up right now. Yesterday he sent me a picture of a sea turtle he saw when fishing. My thoughts were aww how sweet, something must be wrong with him. The main thing wrong with him is he's not my husband.

My day started out witha little family drama when i called my mom tos ee how to find them it ended in me hanging up on them. They didnt call abck but it turns out the were worried I wasnt gonna show and waited outside for me. After that everything was good. I learned alot about me today and relived a bit of old past family drama, but its over. Talked to this old family friend who had built me this computer. Shared its problems and he's building me a new one. YEAH and giving me a large TV, double Yeah
I hung out late and had a long heart to heart with my mom about some feelings Ive been feeling and got some stuff straigtened out in my head.
Thinking of dying my hair strawbery blonde....that would be interesting.

KJ enjoy the severence pay.

Jewelz, did you paint? Howd it go? What color?

Blues, conngrats on teh filing. Im dreading my meeting with SIL about wording for Marchman act they want me to do a timeline of progression,a dn I want to but its rehashing pain. I hate this whole thing. He's sick and Im sad for him but I feel like through this petition I was drawn back into the drama, and I dont want it.

Learned something, always knew it sorta in denial, but half my stepdad's family (who raised me) have addiction problems or their spouses do, and all slide it under the rug. UGGGH thats where I learned denial, time to change the cycle
Old 05-19-2007, 07:23 PM
  # 339 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

Guys my body is aching. Yep I painted my kitchen a light yellow and the hallway connected to the kitch that leads to my bedrooms is a shade of green but a light green. I dont know I had a burst of energy went to home depot with the kids got the paint, put michael to bed and started painting. Abf walk in while I was doing everything so he had to help but complained some that why didnt I wait till tomorrow cause he worked today. Oh poor baby he had to do something for the house. I am tired of waiting for him to lift a finger. So I started haha, he gets me angry and sick at the same time. For a moment earlier I was thinking oh wow hes actually painting with me, like he was doing something great for me. Then the thougth acured to me these re things that he should be doing with me and doesnt deserve a prize cause hes doing something.

Teke, girl I am so happy you made the call.

I didnt get to read much of what went on today so please forgive me for not responding to everyone...i just wanted to jump in and say hi.

kj, sorry about the job... you'll get one soon.

hugs,
jewel
Old 05-19-2007, 07:30 PM
  # 340 (permalink)  
Just plainly tired

so weird, Barb posted a thread saying goodbye earlier today or last night. I go back to look to see her replies and the whole thread is missing. I can't find it all at all and I even posted a reply this morning. I wonder if it was removed and why.