We got a 2 week reprieve, Yeah

Old 05-14-2007, 01:38 PM
  # 1 (permalink)  

We got a 2 week reprieve, Yeah

AS called again, and the insurance is paying for 2 more weeks. When he called this morning, he said he had signed the discharge papers and needed to be picked up. I told him you better get your hands on those discharge papers and rip them up, because neither I or your friend's dad are going to pick you up.

I guess knowing that he has no where else to go, as he is too far from home to walk, he agreed. Last night, he tried to convince his friend to pick him up and gave him every excuse under the sun. He told him there is drug activity going on there, the food stinks, etc. He had convinced his friend, but luckily friend's father, told him he's just trying to pull one over on you.

Now, at least I can relax for 2 weeks. One step at a time.
Old 05-14-2007, 02:05 PM
  # 2 (permalink)  

Ahhh...relax. Sounds like a plan to me. Sending prayers for your AS and your family. Hugs, Marle
Old 05-14-2007, 03:22 PM
  # 3 (permalink)  

Two more weeks sounds great!
My insurance co. did the same thing when my daughter was in (keep extending the stay)
Enjoy this time. Good for you guys to stick to your guns about not checking him out of there.
Terri
Old 05-14-2007, 05:02 PM
  # 4 (permalink)  

That's good news (((louise))). The longer he stays, the more he will learn and hopefully choose a better path for himself.
Old 05-14-2007, 05:33 PM
  # 5 (permalink)  

I fyou fit hard enough w/ insurance companies, sometimes they will allow them to stay even longer. My policy allows my daughter 3 trips to rehab, approx 30 days each. I asked if she could use all 3 for a 90 day total in order to get better. They said w/ the appropriate documentation. Worth a try...She hasn't been back or asked for help so I could use it.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:15 PM
  # 6 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

That;s so right, one step at a time. Thats what I keep telling myself. I can get through the next hour one step at a time.
I know you're breathing a sigh of relief.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:39 PM
  # 7 (permalink)  
grateful rca

this is good news, the longer the stay i think the better, but the choice is still his. i pray that he finds his way soon. keeping you and yours in my prayers
Old 05-14-2007, 07:09 PM
  # 8 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

(((((Louise)))))

So happy about your
Good for your son. Mine woulda had a fit about 2 more weeks.
The longer, the better chance he has.
This is how it's suppose to be. Thank HP for it, sweetie.
Enjoy your worry free next 2 weeks.
Love,
Old 05-15-2007, 03:36 PM
  # 9 (permalink)  

I spoke to as's friend last night. He's very down, because he feels bad about my as's addiction. He said he used to dabble with opiates, but never became addicted. I had at one time, wanted my son to stay away from this boy because I thought that he was supplying him. I blamed everyone, except my son, for his addiction. I had a long conversation with him last night and reassured him that we are alot wiser than we were a year ago. There is no one to blame but the addict himself.

He told my that my as was the cause of him losing almost all of his friends, cause they all thought he was his source. But he still loves my son and wants him to go back to the way he was. I felt like crying when I got off the phone. This friend also told me that everyone was jealous of my son, cause his dad had bought him a new car and he had a nice job with his dad, and a nice house. I told him that maybe that was his problem. But his friend said to me that if he had all those nice things, he would want to keep them and would be grateful. Life is so strange, isn't it?

My as is lucky to still have this one friend that still cares, even though he kind of ruined his life.
Old 05-15-2007, 04:03 PM
  # 10 (permalink)  
let it grow!

i struggle with my daughter's friends. but i do appreciate it when they reach out to me. i've known many of these kids since they were 7! a few of them have started attending open aa meetings with my daughter - those friends are real winners in my book.

blessings, k