As Got Locked Up!!

Old 05-14-2007, 01:45 PM
  # 21 (permalink)  

sorry, I have been where you are. Drugs are bad enough, but mixing two lethal combinations is plain crazy. I knew a young man, 26, who died last August 6 from speedballs--cocaine, heroin + alcohol! He made it through two tours in Iraq and came home, but was never the same.

Jail is good. You can put a block on your number or unplug the phone. The calls are EXPENSIVE! Ill keep you and your in my prayers. Maybe this will be his low!
susan
Old 05-14-2007, 01:49 PM
  # 22 (permalink)  

Sorry to hear what you are going through. My as has a friend that did jail time, and hasn't done drugs since. That was his wake up call. Maybe this will be your son's. I can imagine how Mrs. Lake and you feel. When my as called last night around 10:30pm and said happy Mother's Day and then said "oh, by the way", I'm getting discharged tomorrow", my heart sank. Didn't sleep well after that.
Old 05-14-2007, 05:35 PM
  # 23 (permalink)  
grateful rca

i'm sorry lake, for you and mrs lake, i pray that this will be your son's time. keeping all of you in my prayers
Old 05-14-2007, 05:57 PM
  # 24 (permalink)  
Power is not having to respond

This website lists drug slang, and calls "footballs" amphetimines.
http://www.erowid.org/psychoactives/slang/slang3.shtml

My son was locked up today too. This was after a year exactly! He was doing very well, then 3 months ago, started doing drugs again. I feel your pain,
I hate addiction. It ruins lives. I have dealt with it so long, with no positive results, that I made up my mind enabling him would only make him worse.
Good luck you you. I hope you find peace through all the turmoil.
Old 05-14-2007, 06:01 PM
  # 25 (permalink)  
Get Caught Reading

(((((LakeTime)))))

Awww, Man! I am really sorry to hear about your son being arrested.
His agf is 15, right? Did he mention any trouble for that?
I remember when my as took one of our cars. We were living in Pennsylvania, at the time, and the 17 yo girl across the street was addicted to cocaine.
My son was 23 at the time. He took her, our car, and drugs, across state line into Kentucky. Say they were going to Tennessee. lol
Was pulled over for leaving a gas station without immediately turning on headlights.
The ag shoved the drugs... well, we don't need to go there.
Both were arrested for drug paraphenilia. Her dad went to pick her up the next day.
He could have pressed kidknapping charges on my son, but decided not to.
The girl had been in trouble before my son came along.
Anyway, then the calls started coming. Omg! I eventually stopped answering.
I left him there for 6 days, until hubby and I could take time from work.
You should have heard all the bs that went on in my car all the way back.
"I'm never doing drugs again. I never wanna lay eyes on that girl again. I'll pay you back for all this, mom." Blah, blah, blah, blah, blah.
I think it was 6-8 months later, he robbed my house. I left him there for 6 months.
I have made a vow to myself and to God Almighty. If that boy gets arrested again...
he will do the time. All of it.
So, good for you and Mrs. Lake. It's hard, I know, but like everyone said...
3 hots and a cot. Plus he'll have time to examine his life a little closer.
Rest easy for now and take care of yourself.
Old 05-14-2007, 07:03 PM
  # 26 (permalink)  

Lake........Sorry that you have to go through this right now. When my AD went to jail I refused to bail her out. She detoxed in jail, came out clean and stayed that way for 4 months. She was only in jail 2 days, but enough to really make her think about what she was doing. I always told her if she ever went to jail that I would never bail her out and I meant it. When she called for me to bail her out I hung up on her. It was probably one of the hardest things I had to do. What a tough place for a parent to be.

Sometimes being a good parent is knowing when not to parent and let life happen to your kids.

Hugs.............Lo
Old 05-14-2007, 07:33 PM
  # 27 (permalink)  

I am sorry to hear what you are going through, but good for you for not bailing him out.

I wanted to tell you that I know around here footballs are sometimes meant to mean Oxycontin 80 mg - they are big and shaped like a football. Of course, that could be a local slang.

Hang in there!
Old 05-15-2007, 07:29 AM
  # 28 (permalink)  
let it grow!

well, he seemed pretty determined to land in jail. i hope it's a wake up call. i sure admire you and the mrs for standing firm on your boundaries. it's the best you can do for him right now. blessings, and i'm really sorry you are going through this. k